Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: State of the Ravens

Ozzie also mentioned he doesn't want a repeat of 2002 (Salary purge).

For all those who think the cap is going up exponentially in 2014, Dick Cass just threw cold water on that. He expects the cap to rise to only $122M.

Blog Entries

I'm going to pound my chest a bit off this year for Harbaugh. I think we're really starting to see what a brilliant hire he was...in terms of the players responding to him, keeping a cool head, running things VERY business like.

And I was RIGHT on top of that from the moment Garrett started waffling. I knew John was the right guy.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

btw, Eagles hired Billy Davis as DC today, meaning that Ted Monachino, who was front runner speculated at one point, will not be leaving.

I hope we start positioning him, I'd like for him to take over for Pees one day.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Ozzie believes they have to get better in the middle of the defense mentioning DT specifically and MLB (of course)

Mentioned that young guys haven't stepped up (Cody?)

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Ozzie newsome on biggest needs mentioned the middle of the defense needs to be concentrated on

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
    Ozzie Newsome says middle of the defense is the top need this offseason. Defensive tackle, linebacker, safety.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Ozzie believes they have to get better in the middle of the defense mentioning DT specifically and MLB (of course)

Mentioned that young guys haven't stepped up (Cody?)
    Has to be, the other young guys, McPhee and Jones have this year and Kemo ain't exactly young...

Blog Entries

Harbaugh pretty much squashed those rumors about McClain or Ngata retiring.

Haloti shouldn't be out of training camp

Ozzie seems VERY optimistic about a deal getting done

Blog Entries

Sounds like Bryant McKinnie coming back to Ravens is not as taboo as once thought. I think the groundwork is there for him to come back, at the right price.

We should draft a future LT, but I'd love having him back to groom the youngster.

What channel is it on? Comcast Sports Net was listing other programming, but I DVR'd them just in case?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Sounds like Bryant McKinnie coming back to Ravens is not as taboo as once thought. I think the groundwork is there for him to come back, at the right price.

We should draft a future LT, but I'd love having him back to groom the youngster.
    I think the market will price him out of town, but we'll see.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...