Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Apparently shocking incident in the sections near Gate A

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...eelers-jersey/

Says there, Police don't feel it's related, but hard to tell due to crowd sizes.

Also, a Steelers fan was knocked out. Look, you wear a Steelers jersey to a Ravens SB celebration...you have an agenda that probably explains that a bit better...If I was dumb enough to walk into Heinz Field wearing a Ravens jersey during a Steelers victory celebration, I'd expect to get punched in the damn mouth
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...eelers-jersey/

Says there, Police don't feel it's related, but hard to tell due to crowd sizes.

Also, a Steelers fan was knocked out. Look, you wear a Steelers jersey to a Ravens SB celebration...you have an agenda that probably explains that a bit better...If I was dumb enough to walk into Heinz Field wearing a Ravens jersey during a Steelers victory celebration, I'd expect to get punched in the damn mouth
    From people I heard around the Steelers fan he was talking smack and was trying to ruin the fun. Getting stabbed not cool. Getting knocked out for trying to ruin a good time is cool in my book. He went looking for trouble.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Here's the article ....

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/0...he-super-bowl/

I don't think it matters that it was in Upper Fells. It's still shameful.

And I'm not buying the police spin on this stabbing. This city has a long, sordid history of juking the stats. Look at the location of the stabbing. It's ON the route and right at the time of the parade.

4. Re: Apparently shocking incident in the sections near Gate A

It was a free event. People of all types, good and bad, will turn out for these things. There was a whole row of jerks smoking cigarettes blowing smoke into toddlers and babies' faces behind them instead of going to the designated areas. The event could have been better staffed with security and police.

I was in Sect 130 and i honestly didn't see anything but some seriously happy people. I had friends in the next section, family in the upper deck, and met friends on the field who were seated in various parts of the stadium. Nobody said anything about seeing anything violent. Several people did comment about the comparitively small number of police officers in the stadium however. Still it looked like there was about the usual number of SAFE people in each section.

I do not doubt that some bad stuff happened, but forcing 40 people to leave their seats is a pretty big row and sure to draw attention in the lower deck especially.

What I saw was folks getting along right fine all over the place. Everybody was in a good mood and generally more friendlier than usual. Same phenomenon happened in 2001.

As for the parade there were alot more cops along the route in 2001. There was propably 20 cop cars at the end of the parade and motorcycle cops spaced out every couple of HMMWVS. I didn't see that today.

I wonder where the horse cops that were near Ray's vehicle went to?
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    From people I heard around the Steelers fan he was talking smack and was trying to ruin the fun.
    You have to be a special kind of idiot to try and pull a stunt like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    You have to be a special kind of idiot to try and pull a stunt like that.
    He wasn't the only one. TV coverage found TWO Steelers fans during the parade.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Here's the article ....

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/0...he-super-bowl/

I don't think it matters that it was in Upper Fells. It's still shameful.

And I'm not buying the police spin on this stabbing. This city has a long, sordid history of juking the stats. Look at the location of the stabbing. It's ON the route and right at the time of the parade.

The location of the stabbing was not on the route. It was 3 blocks off the route, was closer to Lexington Market than to the parade, and it occurred after the stadium ceremony, over an hour after the parade passed. Sadly, a multiple stabbing in that area is almost just another weekday. With that said, the portion of the parade I was on had a pretty rough crowd, the parade was about 3x larger than the city anticipated, and the cops I saw looked scared. It wouldn't surprise me if parade caused hostile gangs to come into contact with each other outside their respective territories, and I suspect that's what happened with that stabbing. That usually happens on Mothers Day, New Years, 4th of July, etc., and there's usually an incident.

As for the Super Bowl night incidents, one smashed up car in Federal Hill, and one looted 7/11 in Upper Fells... I was actually impressed by how calm the city remained. Those incidents were nothing compared to what happened in San Francisco after their World Series win, or the Vancouver Stanley Cup riot. As a city usually considered out of control and violent, compared to those two beacon on civilization cities, Baltimore was pretty well behaved. On a scale of 1 to 10 of post championship victory behavior, with 1 being perfectly civilized, and a 10 being lawless riotous pandemonium, I'd give Baltimore post Super Bowl reaction a 2.5.
    Last edited by Flipping Birdie; 02-06-2013 at 06:58 AM.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

I was in Section 123 and I saw the back end of this whole situation go down. It was unreal, but no one had any idea what was going on. I did see a couple dudes lay hands on a larger woman, which, I thought if that continued a bunch of folks would have stepped in. The state troopers couldn't get up there because so many people were in the way. This happened JUST as the Ravens got there so I wasn't missing the on field action due to something out of my control, but, this definitely happened. Not quite sure if that is how it all went down, but, there were people in the aisles the entire time. The cops tried to keep them clear, but they'd just get filled up as soon as they turned their backs.

Truly sad if that is all how it went down, though.

Given what could have happened with that many people...all-in-all, I say Baltimore did fine.

The reports of vandalism and looting is regrettable...but that happens EVERYWHERE...I think with today's social media, we just hear about it more now. And it has been MUCH WORSE in other cities. See, Vancouver.

The only qualification I make is if we find out that the stabbing victims were Ravens fans that had come down for the parade. That would surely put a different spin on the celebration.

If they were local residents...then sadly, it is just another inner-city crime incident that would have warranted nary a mention on any other day.
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 02-06-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    A 7/11 in Fells Point was looted Sunday Night.
    Since when did Baltimore need a special event for that to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Since when did Baltimore need a special event for that to happen?
    Exactly...

Regrettable? Sure, but not nearly as bad as has happened in other cities: http://youtu.be/3jwX3ZqA-qE