Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    My bad on the location and not reading the article in full.

Not sure that gentrification will ever work in Baltimore since the population is on a steady decrease for almost a decade now. I guess that debate is better suited for another forum though.

Re: Apparently shocking incident in the sections near Gate A

Sheesh. I was in 109 and it was great.

It sounds like the event was woefully understaffed; next time they'll know better. Like others, I'm just glad it wasn't worse.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Every city has its idiots and plenty of them. Baltimore is no exception. There are people who will use situations to their advantage to steal, act violent and other nefarious activities. Its a universal truth. In this respect we are no better or worse than any other city or country. People are predictable and predators are even more predictable. That said you cannot allow that element to prevent people from celebrating or having some fun. These times in our lives were we can celebrate, lose our worries a little bit and just feel happy in general come far to apart to let predators ruin them for us. Feel bad that the family in the OP had their celebration ruined. I just hope it does not deter them from trying to enjoy themselves next time
    :word

All things considered, I'd say the amount of stories of crime/violence is minor compared to other stories. Still not acceptable but minor in comparison.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    Bad neighborhoods have always been there... Shit, there are blocks full of strip joints and sleazy bars not far from the Inner Harbor (I believe that that area is a part of downtown).

With the gentrification going on, Baltimore will definitely change. It is like DC.
    The hustler club and all of those places are only a block or two away.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Doesn't sound like much, two incidents, a million people......
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Especially in Baltimore where 3 blocks is the difference between Somalia and a tourist trap.
    That's great...and true.

Blog Entries

Not shocking in the least. A free event and an event of this magnitude will always draw that type of person. Combine that with Bisciotti's ridiculous 30k people estimate, and you get things like this happening. Preparing for 30k and having 200k+ show up, the city, police, and team, were not ready for the actual turnout.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

City has turned into such a dump.

Houston,

I am sure that gentrification will work in Baltimore... it might be a few years to a generation away, but it is not impossible... .Already, the property in the city is getting expensive...

Baltimore reminds me a bit of DC.... DC (especially on the H street in the northeast neighborhood) completely transformed itself than it did a few years ago... A few years ago, you wouldnt dare to walk at night... but now, it is laughable to think that the area was once a "no no".

I am curious to see if there has been substantial business growth in the Baltimore...

I also read somewhere that many Baltimore natives are starting to move to Columbia... to be honest, I can see a difference in that now than it was a few years ago... I guess gentrification is happening in Baltimore.... but a total transformation certainly will take a while.

Blog Entries

Um, does anyone think Bisciotti's 30k people comment was just a joke?

That's how I took it. I think he figured the place would be PACKED.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    Houston,

I am sure that gentrification will work in Baltimore... it might be a few years to a generation away, but it is not impossible... .Already, the property in the city is getting expensive...

Baltimore reminds me a bit of DC.... DC (especially on the H street in the northeast neighborhood) completely transformed itself than it did a few years ago... A few years ago, you wouldnt dare to walk at night... but now, it is laughable to think that the area was once a "no no".

I am curious to see if there has been substantial business growth in the Baltimore...

I also read somewhere that many Baltimore natives are starting to move to Columbia... to be honest, I can see a difference in that now than it was a few years ago... I guess gentrification is happening in Baltimore.... but a total transformation certainly will take a while.
    Amen-
    True there are whole areas of bad parts...

But there are swaths of areas completely transformed from the time of the last superbowl to this superbowl (Canton, HarborEast, CharlesVillage, Patterson Park, Butchers Hill, Mt Vernon, Bolton Hill etc etc)...
    Whole areas that I cant afford to buy into and beautiful areas of the city that any family can afford to buy a house and would want to live.

Its a shame that there were a few incidents that cast a negative light on Baltimore.
    There are places in Harford, Howard (Columbia), Anne Arundel and Baltimore County that I definitely feel uneasy and lock my car door.
    But as a whole, despite the lack of police presence and the unorganized mob running after Ray Lewis... the city did well. 200,000 people on a Tuesday is no joke.
    Im sure that we will do better next year after our next Superbowl win.

And Ray didnt seem scared being chased by crowd of 75,000 plus (and I bet that they all werent City folk running after him).

iggyman555 Guest