Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Re: Superbowl Replay + SoundFX

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    They could have also had Flacco go out there on 4th down to go for it and then either 1. Take safety or 2. Punt it, and since their defense would be on the field, if Flacco could get a 40 yard punt it would probably keep bouncing and the Ravens could probably down it with the clock at zero.
    Please tell me you're joking...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    They could have also had Flacco go out there on 4th down to go for it and then either 1. Take safety or 2. Punt it, and since their defense would be on the field, if Flacco could get a 40 yard punt it would probably keep bouncing and the Ravens could probably down it with the clock at zero.
    Way too risky. If he gets tackled outside of the end zone, or if he shanks the punt (since he has never punted in his NFL career), you are giving the Niners the ball back with a great chance to score the TD (particularly if he gets sacked). The best play in that situation was the one they drew up.

Blog Entries

In looking at the replay, particularly on that last series, it was clear to me that the 49ers intended to have their receivers make contact with every one of our DBs in an attempt to get separation. Just go back and look at the tape...

On 2nd down, Crabtree pushes Graham in an attempt to create space. No call for OPI.

On 3rd and 4th down, on the left side of the offensive formation, there is contact initiated by offensive players. On 4th down, Delanie Walker tries to obliterate Graham, who locks up with him before going down.

On that 4th down play, Crabtree initiates contact and then pushes off. You could make an argument for offsetting or for no calls given the 50-50 nature of the jostling. You cannot make an argument for DPI only.

And that's to say nothing of the other non-calls. The refs let them play this whole game. Why would they change up in the last two minutes to suit Jim Harbaugh? I think they did a good job letting the players decide the Super Bowl.

In listening to the FX tape, it really becomes clear how much of a whiner Jim Harbaugh is. I still have yet to hear him congratulate his older brother. I have no doubt if the shoe were on the other foot that John would congratulate Jim. Instead, he tries to diminish John's accomplishment and divert attention from their own bizarre playcalling by criticizing the refs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Way too risky. If he gets tackled outside of the end zone, or if he shanks the punt (since he has never punted in his NFL career), you are giving the Niners the ball back with a great chance to score the TD (particularly if he gets sacked). The best play in that situation was the one they drew up.
    Agree completely. The punt formation means a long snap, also gets 49ers to ease off and think about covering the punt deep. Joe goes out there in spread shotgun, they may bring a jailbreak blitz and that's a lot on Joe to try to buy time AND make sure he doesn't fumble on the hit.

In the end, the call that was made was absolutely the perfect one. Chances of returning a solid free punt from the 20 yard line? VERY unlikely.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

In listening to the FX tape, it really becomes clear how much of a whiner Jim Harbaugh is. I still have yet to hear him congratulate his older brother. I have no doubt if the shoe were on the other foot that John would congratulate Jim. Instead, he tries to diminish John's accomplishment and divert attention from their own bizarre playcalling by criticizing the refs.
    He did it in the postgame handshake. Very clearly says he was proud of him and congratulated him.

I don't need to see Jim come out and say anything publically. If the shoe were reversed, I wouldn't care for seeing John sing Jim's praises or anything. You be upset that the team couldn't get it done and move on.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I don't need to see Jim come out and say anything publically. If the shoe were reversed, I wouldn't care for seeing John sing Jim's praises or anything.
    It's his brother. You'd really have a problem with John saying anything good about his brother if the Ravens had lost? Jim was just too busy whining.

Blog Entries

The proof is in the pudding. If it's true that the team takes on the attitude of the coach (which I think it is) he is a whiny, shit talking pretend tough guy with no respect for what others have accomplished, I'm looking at you Vernon Davis.

Re: Flacco on final play to players on sideline: "If he breaks it, go tackle him" - LOL, love this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    There is a provision I believe in the rules for a fair catch on a free kick. Might be why they kicked it deep. Still not sure even now why SF did not just Fair catch the deep kickoff and take a shot down the field hoping for a PI call. Not a hail mary but rather a real play deep enough if you get a call to maybe get a shot at a kick since game cannot end on a defensive penalty. Longshot but odds are better that works than returning a kick in that situation IMO. Another error by Jim.
    I can't imagine taking a shot and hoping for a PI call after the way that game was being called, which, btw, was the right way to call a game.

Re: Flacco on final play to players on sideline: "If he breaks it, go tackle him" - LOL, love this guy

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I can't imagine taking a shot and hoping for a PI call after the way that game was being called, which, btw, was the right way to call a game.
    They rarely call PI on a Hail Mary in the regular season...there was no way they would get that call in the SB...having Ginn try to break it was their only hope.

49ers and their fans are whiny bitches......
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The proof is in the pudding. If it's true that the team takes on the attitude of the coach (which I think it is) he is a whiny, shit talking pretend tough guy with no respect for what others have accomplished, I'm looking at you Vernon Davis.
    Bingo. Apparently, they pulled this "we were the better team" stuff when they lost to the Giants last year. This act is going to get really old really fast. They are young, good and hungry. They will be back. They don't need to whine and grumble. The game was called consistently. The right calls were made on that last drive -- and they were consistent with the way the entire game was called. The Niners themselves knew it (which is why they consistently engaged in contact -- look at Crabtree on second down, he clearly shoves Graham and knew there would be no call).

This whining is completely inconsistent with "who's got it better than us?" and can actually bring a team down. See Ravens circa 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    "
    - Ray Rice, Bryant Mckinnie and Torrey Smith dancing in the confetti.
    They got to feel that graffiti