Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Superbowl Replay + SoundFX

On the flipside, Vernon Davis is a punkass bitch.

Note - When Joe hit Pitta with Aldon Smith in his face, he says "Good job boy!". Vernon Davis takes EVERY opportunity to get in Ray's face "Gone be a long day for you Ray, LONG DAY". Ray just pushes him away like "STFU clown"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Flacco on final play to players on sideline: "If he breaks it, go tackle him" - LOL, love this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Is that true?

On the play, I think there was some suspense there, which was unnecessary. They should not have kicked it deep IMO. Field position was not an issue, unless they could fair catch it (I am not sure on that), so why not squib it? Why put the ball in the hands of their return guy with a head of steam? Dangerous.
    There is a provision I believe in the rules for a fair catch on a free kick. Might be why they kicked it deep. Still not sure even now why SF did not just Fair catch the deep kickoff and take a shot down the field hoping for a PI call. Not a hail mary but rather a real play deep enough if you get a call to maybe get a shot at a kick since game cannot end on a defensive penalty. Longshot but odds are better that works than returning a kick in that situation IMO. Another error by Jim.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Re: Flacco on final play to players on sideline: "If he breaks it, go tackle him" - LOL, love this guy

They were talking about it during the game, there's some rule about a safety and punting it and having a fair catch/free field goal kick or something. We took the kick at the 20 and I guess that negated it.

But can you fair catch a squib?

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    patrick willis is such a baller and great player, would love to have him
    He's on pace to join his idol Ray in the HOF when he hangs it up.

He really, really reminds me of a young Ray...very talented, very alert, heck of a leader.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    A couple of things.

Not on this board, but on the official Ravens board I have been telling peeps for YEARS that Joe was vocal as Hell, it just didn't look like it from the 1 second, every blue moon camera shots he would get from CBS/Fox. Wow, guy is always talking lol.

Jim Harbaugh was whining about Birk giving a head fake one of the many times the Niners went offsides. Really Jim? The play is over, you even CALLED IT AS IT HAPPENED and still blamed one of our guys. He's gotta be the whiniest coach ever. Is John like this? I watched the parts of SoundFX they have on the site and they didn't catch John whinging about something like this. Jim is an idiot. We definitely got the better Harbaugh.

Also (edit) as another poster alluded to, I think Joseph Vincent Flacco was gonna rush the field and try to tackle Ted Ginn Jr. if he broke loose on that last kick return LOL. Man, what a guy!
    From the Seahawks SB game thread. They really hate Jim.

Sent from my Linux workstation.

Blog Entries

Very impressed with Willis. He wasn't whining or trash talking..."We gave them the chance to get 3."

And yeah, look at John Harbaugh. When something goes right, he's calm, controlled. When something goes wrong, he's calm, controlled. When that fight broke out, he jumps out, screams "STAY, STAY!" at the sideline, then goes and starts corralling our guys back. And yes, the comment to Staley is amazing.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Yes, you can attempt a free FG attempt (with no defensive rush or line) after a fair catch there (can put the holder at the fair catch spot, no need for snap backwards). So we couldn't kick it too short.

No, you cannot fair catch a kick if it hits the ground (a squib), but we were kicking from the 20, so a line drive squibber that gets 'blocked' by an up man, could feasibly be recovered by them in FG range or, at minimum, in Hail Mary range, so that too is a bit risky.

All things considered I think we chose the least risky way to deal with that kick. Koch would have really had to shank it for them to attempt a free FG attempt or an easy Hail Mary. Punters take their snap like 15 yards or more behind the line, and the distance of punts are measured from the line of scrimmage. So your typical 35 yard punt (shank) has traveled 50 yards. With Koch punting from the 20, even a short one from him was going to be too far for a free FG attempt, and very likely too far for a real Hail Mary attempt (considering any return could only last 3 seconds at most).
    Last edited by Haloti92; 02-07-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    A couple of things.

Not on this board, but on the official Ravens board I have been telling peeps for YEARS that Joe was vocal as Hell, it just didn't look like it from the 1 second, every blue moon camera shots he would get from CBS/Fox. Wow, guy is always talking lol.
    Yeah, this is why I love the Sound FX show.. you really get to hear how involved he is, yet see how calm he is in certain situations.

Flacco talking about tackling Ginn is hilarious... what exactly would happen??

Also, I love that he is so excited about getting a car.. completely ignoring the fact that he just earned $20mill a year. :happyanim

Harbaugh (ours) was awesome throughout.

I'd have to say Willis is definitely one of my favorite non-ravens

(Moved comment to the "Re: Flacco on final play to players on sideline: "If he breaks it, go tackle him" - LOL, love this guy" thread).
    Last edited by Matchstick; 02-07-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    On the flipside, Vernon Davis is a punkass bitch.

Note - When Joe hit Pitta with Aldon Smith in his face, he says "Good job boy!". Vernon Davis takes EVERY opportunity to get in Ray's face "Gone be a long day for you Ray, LONG DAY". Ray just pushes him away like "STFU clown"
    And Ray wasn't a bitch for not being able to contain his saltiness while shoving him?