Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 114
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: No ring for Cam!



    Hell, I would have loved to seen Boller under CAMs system and now Caldwell.

    I bet both of those guys could have done something with him-lol.




  2. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Deep in the bowels of Maryland suburbia
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: No ring for Cam!

    OK, I finally figured it out. We have an "NCRAVEN" and an "NC Raven". Two individuals with similar screen names. For a minute I thought there was just one schizophrenic poster who could change his avatar really quickly..





  3. #78

    Re: No ring for Cam!

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Superbowl winning QB Trent Dilfer says hi.
    Playing the Dilfer card is the last gasp of someone who's clearly failed.




  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,125
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: No ring for Cam!

    Dilfer still got a ring. LOL




  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,441
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: No ring for Cam!

    Moot point, Steve Bisciotti is all class. He'll get a ring.




  6. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,740

    Re: No ring for Cam!

    Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Playing the Dilfer card is the last gasp of someone who's clearly failed.
    I guess you missed the "wink" emoticon..?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  7. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: No ring for Cam!

    Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    OK, I finally figured it out. We have an "NCRAVEN" and an "NC Raven". Two individuals with similar screen names. For a minute I thought there was just one schizophrenic poster who could change his avatar really quickly..


    Yea, one time I sent NC RAVEN a PM intended for NCRAVEN. He corrected me and I'm thankful he didn't snitch me out
    to the new MODs-lol.

    They're both cool dudes.




  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    677

    Re: No ring for Cam!

    lol you guys are hilarious and sort of hypocritical. cam is getting more love right now in this thread than he was when he was actually on the team! sure, cam's gonna get a ring and that's great. i love that our FO is generous and classy. they also probably weren't spitting some of the most venemous vitriol this side of black mambas like this board was when cam was still on the team and they wanted him out (me included!). now look at y'all. it's like a kumbaya in here!

    'Cam's the worst. We'll NEVER see Joe's potential until he's gone,'. 'We'll NEVER get over that hump until Cam Cam is outta here,'. On and on it went for YEARS and for good reason! Anybody here gonna debate that we don't make it to and win the Super Bowl if Cam is still here this year? Yea, dropped pass blah blah. Perhaps if Cam wasn't here last year it wouldn't have even COME down to a single dropped pass or a single muffed field goal. I think seeing this year's post season supports that one hundred percent.

    I'm not saying Cam won't get a ring; it's obvious he will. I'm just saying I see where NC RAVEN was coming from. He's getting a ring nobody would have gotten if he WASN'T fired. It's like saying, 'Thanks for helping make us better by getting the Hell out of Dodge buddy! Here's your trophy of failure,'. I don't even know if I'd ever sport that ring out in public if I were Cameron, but a ring's a ring and bygones are bygones now that we have the Lombardi right guys? Yup sure will miss ol' Cam, right guys? In fact, we should hire him back; these fond memories are making me kinda misty eyed.




  9. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Cheapens the symbolism of it, not the actual value.

    I've said it before, if it were me I would not give a ring to someone I fired because I couldn't win the ring because of them. You would, okay. Truce.
    It's not about symbolism or whatever, it's about following precedence.

    As others have said, it's the classy and right thing to do because it's what teams have historically done. Pretty much anyone who has contributed gets a ring. Whether you agree with it or not, it's the right thing to do.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  10. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,740

    Re: No ring for Cam!

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    It's not about symbolism or whatever, it's about following precedence.

    As others have said, it's the classy and right thing to do because it's what teams have historically done. Pretty much anyone who has contributed gets a ring. Whether you agree with it or not, it's the right thing to do.
    That's fine. As I said before, I wouldn't do it, nor if I were him would I want it.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: No ring for Cam!

    I'm shocked that this thread even reached five pages. Cam was a poor O-C, but he still deserves, and will get a ring. Bobbie Williams was one of the first one on the field in celebration. Did they tell him to go back on the sidelines because he sucked all year for us? It just doesn't work like that. Frankly, someone who would even start keeping tabs on something like this probably has never played organized team sports.




  12. #87

    Re: No ring for Cam!

    Cam will probably post it on craigslist to make some money off it. SAys he'll win it on his own, doesn't need the Ravens. Him being fired was the reason they won the SB. Anybody else think Cam would say and do this? LOL




  13. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    677

    Re: No ring for Cam!

    Was Bobbie Williams still employed with the Ravens when they won? Okay then.....next question.




  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    4,505

    Re: No ring for Cam!

    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I'm shocked that this thread even reached five pages. Cam was a poor O-C, but he still deserves, and will get a ring. Bobbie Williams was one of the first one on the field in celebration. Did they tell him to go back on the sidelines because he sucked all year for us? It just doesn't work like that. Frankly, someone who would even start keeping tabs on something like this probably has never played organized team sports.
    In all fairness, they didn't cut Bobbie Williams. Think Sergio Kindle will get a ring?




  15. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    677

    Re: No ring for Cam!

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    In all fairness, they didn't cut Bobbie Williams. Think Sergio Kindle will get a ring?
    Will he? That's actually a good question lol....I read somewhere in this thread that Heap and Mason were getting rings?! Sheesh..do they mean anything anymore




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland