Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: No ring for Cam!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Don't know if you are the only one, but I think you are on a very small island.

What purpose does it serve, moving forward, to not give him a ring?
    Just giving them out because it doesn't hurt anything, cheapens the whole thing to me.

Everybody plays to get a ring and to hand them out to people who at one point were involved with the team makes having one to everyone who has it mean less. Especially when you fired said person because you thought they were stopping you from getting it. Geez

"Joe here's your ring, Thanks for all your hard work"

"Pollard here is your ring, thanks for playing with 6 cracked ribs"

"Cam here is your ring, we only got it cause we fired your ass"

Yup makes sense to me...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Just giving them out because it doesn't hurt anything, cheapens the whole thing to me.

Everybody plays to get a ring and to hand them out to people who at one point were involved with the team makes having one to everyone who has it mean less. Especially when you fired said person because you thought they were stopping you from getting it. Geez

Yup makes sense to me...
    The NFL pays for the cost of 150 rings to the winning team, at roughly $5,000 apiece, depending upon the fluctuating cost of gold and diamonds. The winning team can typically present rings to whomever they choose, including usually, but not limited to: players (active roster or injured), coaches, trainers, executives, personnel, and general staff. Some teams have also been known to give rings to former players, despite not having been on the winning roster.[2][3] Sometimes a team will give rings to fans as part of a charity raffle.[4] Teams can distribute any number of rings, but must pay for any over the 150-ring limit.

Blog Entries

They won 9 games with Cam as OC, it's not like he didn't work for it. Geez, have a little class

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Yup makes sense to me...
    So, does Oher not deserve a ring because he couldn't cut it at LT....

How about Rice? Pretty big fumbles in the playoffs...

What about Pees?...even though his defense played lights-out in the redzone, they weren't close to top-10...

Hell, who brought Evans and Cundiff here last year....I guess Ozzie deserves his ring, but it is certainly tainted, right?

Blog Entries

So, does Oher not deserve a ring because he couldn't cut it at LT....

How about Rice? Pretty big fumbles in the playoffs...

What about Pees?...even though his defense played lights-out in the redzone, they weren't close to top-10...

Hell, who brought Evans and Cundiff here last year....I guess Ozzie deserves his ring, but it is certainly tainted, right?
    Really poor attempt at comparison. Deserves no more comments other than that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The NFL pays for the cost of 150 rings to the winning team, at roughly $5,000 apiece, depending upon the fluctuating cost of gold and diamonds. The winning team can typically present rings to whomever they choose, including usually, but not limited to: players (active roster or injured), coaches, trainers, executives, personnel, and general staff. Some teams have also been known to give rings to former players, despite not having been on the winning roster.[2][3] Sometimes a team will give rings to fans as part of a charity raffle.[4] Teams can distribute any number of rings, but must pay for any over the 150-ring limit.
    Cheapens the symbolism of it, not the actual value.

I've said it before, if it were me I would not give a ring to someone I fired because I couldn't win the ring because of them. You would, okay. Truce.

Really poor attempt at comparison. Deserves no more comments other than that.
    Just how your take is perceived by me...it makes about as much sense.

Blog Entries

Cheapens the symbolism of it, not the actual value.

I've said it before, if it were me I would not give a ring to someone I fired because I couldn't win the ring because of them. You would, okay. Truce.
    Did Cam drop the ball or miss a FG in last year's AFC Championship?

Blog Entries

Did Cam drop the ball or miss a FG in last year's AFC Championship?
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Blog Entries

Just how your take is perceived by me...it makes about as much sense.
    My stance makes sense to you, your only gripe is "What purpose does it serve, moving forward, to not give him a ring?"

Blog Entries

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
    Cam didn't prevent them from winning the Super Bowl last year is my point. Lee Evans and Cundiff did.

Blog Entries

Cam didn't prevent them from winning the Super Bowl last year is my point. Lee Evans and Cundiff did.
    I get you're point but we're not passing rings out for last year and he would have been part of it.