Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: No ring for Cam!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Yes, and he was fired. FIRED. F.I.R.E.D FIRED

Would you expect your company to send you a Christmas bonus after you got shit-canned mid-year?
    It's different though. He was a part of the team even though he was fired. I was one of the biggest proponents of firing Cam, but he did contribute a lot to the team. Especially in developing Flacco early in his career. Flacco and the offense just reached their limit with Cam.

count me in on the "he doesn't deserve a ring" camp. How many other championships did he hold us back from winning?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It's different though. He was a part of the team even though he was fired. I was one of the biggest proponents of firing Cam, but he did contribute a lot to the team. Especially in developing Flacco early in his career. Flacco and the offense just reached their limit with Cam.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No. But he's not getting cash. The ring is a symbol of those who were on the team for the entire run.

He's basically getting a trophy that symbolizes he was part of the team. We are a class organization and I'd expect nothing less from them.
    Okay, so forget the cash, how bout a sales man of the year plaque?

I think he will get one too. But if it were up to me I wouldn't do it. Thanks for helping develop Flacco for the early years, but we fired you because we didn't think we couldn't do what we got this ring for with you here...

Like I said, it may be just me and that's fine, but I would not give him one.

Cam may have held us back (I think that is apparent now), but the man still helped Joe and the offense develop when it was just starting out five years ago. And the plays we used to win the SB were a lot of HIS plays, no? Plus it's not like he's been bitter since he got fired. On the contrary, he's openly supported us.

It's not only classy but logical for Cam to get a ring. He's not a bad dude and actually laid a lot of foundation for us.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

I think he will get one too. But if it were up to me I wouldn't do it. Thanks for helping develop Flacco for the early years, but we fired you because we didn't think we couldn't do what we got this ring for...

What really benefit do you have of not giving him one? Bisciotti is worth 1.5 billion. Do you think he really cares that he gave out another ring? The cost of these rings is a drop in the bucket.

I just don't see the benefit of not giving him one. Makes your organization look bad.

"Hey Mr. Cameron, is that a Superbowl Ring in your trophy case?"

"Yes it is little Bobby! I was coaching the Ravens and we were 1-4 in December. They fired me and Joe Flacco stopped throwing interceptions and started farting touchdowns like they were going out of style. After they fired me they never lost again and won the whole thing. The owner gave me this ring because I was part of the team for most of the year."

"...Wow"

"...Yup"

"... So you must feel a little less of a man every time you look at that."

"...Yup. Looking at that ring pretty much turns me into a soprano."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    What really benefit do you have of not giving him one? Bisciotti is worth 1.5 billion. Do you think he really cares that he gave out another ring? The cost of these rings is a drop in the bucket.

I just don't see the benefit of not giving him one. Makes your organization look bad.
    It's all the principal in this. Why would you give someone something to celebrate what you thought they were preventing you from getting?!!?!?

Am I the only one who see's the major contradiction there?

I think he will get one too. But if it were up to me I wouldn't do it. Thanks for helping develop Flacco for the early years, but we fired you because we didn't think we couldn't do what we got this ring for with you here...

Hmmm...gee, who hired him? Wonder if he deserves a ring, too?

/smh

They won a championship using the offense he installed. He'll get one, and deservedly so.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

It's all the principal in this. Why would you give someone something to celebrate what you thought they were preventing you from getting?!!?!?

Don't know if you are the only one, but I think you are on a very small island.

What purpose does it serve, moving forward, to not give him a ring?

Blog Entries

It's not about right and wrong. They give out tons of rings. Scott Garceau got a ring from Modell after SB35. I think you are making this into a larger issue than it is. The ring is just a gesture of hey you were part of this, so here is something to show that.

Given how professionally Cam handled the decision, I can't see him not getting one.