Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: No ring for Cam!

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Part of me definitely agrees with you, but the other part of me has to agree that he in some way is responsible for some of the success, even if it was by sucking enough to hire somebody else.
    Seeing the change in the offense and TEAM since he;s been gone, I feel he hurt us much more than he helped.

I don't hate Cam as a person, but as a football coach hell yeah, dude sucks and I'm glad he's gone.

Blog Entries

I don't see how you can't give him one. That would be a completely dick move. The Ravens aren't that type of organization.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't see how you can't give him one. That would be a completely dick move. The Ravens aren't that type of organization.
    :word

Cam's gotta get one

Blog Entries

To me, that'd be like giving a Christmas bonus to a sales guy you fired for not hitting his goals.

Not to mention if it were me, I wouldn't want a ring from a team that fired me for thinking I wasn't good enough.

Agreed.

And while there is certainly merit to the "holding the offense back" theory, I do feel that for at least Joe's first 2 years, Cam did a hell of a job protecting Joe and helping his development his first couple years.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

:word

GOTA drops mic.

/thread closed

Agreed.

And while there is certainly merit to the "holding the offense back" theory, I do feel that for at least Joe's first 2 years, Cam did a hell of a job protecting Joe and helping his development his first couple years.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    To me, that'd be like giving a Christmas bonus to a sales guy you fired for not hitting his goals.

Not to mention if it were me, I wouldn't want a ring from a team that fired me for thinking I wasn't good enough.
    He was on the staff at one point during the year. The cost of the ring is nothing to Biscioitti.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    He was on the staff at one point during the year. The cost of the ring is nothing to Biscioitti.
    Yes, and he was fired. FIRED. F.I.R.E.D FIRED

Would you expect your company to send you a Christmas bonus after you got shit-canned mid-year?

I personally wouldn't give him one if it were up to me, but I won't lose any sleep or bicker over it if he does get one. Either way, the RAVENS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Yes, and he was fired. FIRED. F.I.R.E.D FIRED

Would you expect your company to send you a Christmas bonus after you got shit-canned mid-year?
    No. But he's not getting cash. The ring is a symbol of those who were on the team for the entire run.

He's basically getting a trophy that symbolizes he was part of the team. We are a class organization and I'd expect nothing less from them.