Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Speed- Torrey vs Jacoby Jones

So I'm curious who is faster.

When I googled 40 times, it appeared that Torrey was faster (torrey smith 40 time - 4.43) vs J @ 4.5.

Is there a definitive answer on this - I'm just wondering. I'm thinking that torrey is probably faster in a dash, but JJ is quicker/more elusive.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Re: Speed- Torrey vs Jacoby Jones

I think Torrey is faster but he gets more attention. meaning he usually is doubled or jammed or whatever to not use it to his full extent.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 02-05-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Torrey Smith must not have gotten a good time because he's certainly faster than that. That's what Mark Clayton got and Smith is a hell of a lot faster.

Depends on the distance. In a 100yd I'd take Jacoby. He has much longer strides. In a 40yd I'd take Torrey, he has better acceleration.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

I don't think 40 time for either of these guys really gauges their speed well.

Both of these guys are fastest at the top, not off the start. For example look how Jones pulls away from everyone on a kickoff return, Same with Smith, when he gets behind someone and starts to chase down a ball which would otherwise be overthrow.

I think Jones might be just a little faster at the top (a former college sprinter) but Smith's a bit faster off the start so they'd likely get there at the same time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Depends on the distance. In a 100yd I'd take Jacoby. He has much longer strides. In a 40yd I'd take Torrey, he has better acceleration.
    I agree with this. Torrey has blazing speed and better acceleration, but Jacoby has a longer stride. Top end speed I would still take Torrey though.

Thanks guys!

Blog Entries

One of the 49'ers db's said that Torrey was the fastest player in the NFL before the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Agreed.

Jacoby looks faster because he has such a long stride.

One of the things that I really like about Torrey is because he accelerates quickly and has short/choppy steps, which allow him to run nice routes.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Torrey's acceleration is really what allows him to get open deep. He can go from pretty fast to blazing fast in about two steps and corners can't keep up.

11. Re: Speed- Torrey vs Jacoby Jones

I think they both have good acceleration but Torrey's top end speed is better clearly than JJ. Jones is no slouch with his top speed either but Torrey just blows by DB's when he hits that extra gear.

Blog Entries

Jacoby is much better at executing a double move at full speed. Torrey just tries to run right past the defender.