Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Merril Hoge: "Flacco best QB in the NFL"

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Hard to say. He's always done well against us...
    as bad as his line is, hes had plenty of occurrences that hes had time and just flat out missed. Similar to Flacco. Brady misses sometimes to im just nitpicking those instances and saying those two do that more often than him. When talking about the best in the league its really hard to rank them, especially different strengths/weaknesses.

I mean just saying I think hes better doesnt mean Id take him over Flacco either. I dont like his antics on the field, I dont like his lack of toughness, I dont like his age in the factor. Theres plenty of reasons to take Flacco over him, but i dont think thats ranking him necessarily better right now.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    RE Brady vs Big Jen. Put Brady behind that atrocious Pittsburgh Offensive line and see what you get.

Ben's ability to extend plays, avoid sacks, breaks tackles/sacks is huge. Brady would likely be out of the league if he had to play behind that.
    Exactly.

As a pure passer, you definitely give Brady the nod.

However, Roethlisberger's ability to extend plays and make clutch throws down the field, lead long drives, and elude sacks make him a very dynamic QB. If you pressure Brady, he makes a lot of errant throws. He has had the luxury of playing behind some of the best OL's of the past decade. He hardly ever gets hit. Roethlisberger, on the other hand, thrives under that kind of pressure. Also, at 240-245lbs, he can take off and scramble for extra yards too.

It is just my opinion, however, I think Roethlisberger is the more talented player.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Hoge bka "Poster Child for What Happens After Repeated Head Trauma" doesn't know what he thinks because he hasn't had a coherent thought in years. He says whatever the Exceedingly Stupid Prejudiced Nitwits program him to say.

Blog Entries

i respect a man even less when he can't stand for what he believes in..meril hodge go fuck yourself.

Blog Entries

I was in the gym and saw it - as always he's just trying to be controversial.

Top 5 - you guys really put Manning and Rodgers in there? Rodgers has won one playoff game in 2 years. Same with PM although different scenario. Yeah they have the same # as Tebow
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Top 5 - you guys really put Manning and Rodgers in there? Rodgers has won one playoff game in 2 years. Same with PM although different scenario. Yeah they have the same # as Tebow
    It's a team sport. They are great QBs. Manning is one of the greatest of all time. If by Manning, you mean Eli... then I'd agree. I think it is debatable that Eli is even 2nd tier. But the fact he's won 2 SBs with incredible passes... he's considered part of the group.

I actually don't mind Merrill too much even though he's a Raven hater but that is weird he said that......Tim Hasselbeck on the other hand. Wow that guy is the biggest douchebag on ESPN. How does he even have a job?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    In order:

1a: Rodgers
    1b: Flacco
    3: Brady
    4: Peyton
    5: Brees

I'd buy that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    i respect a man even less when he can't stand for what he believes in..meril hodge go fuck yourself.
    That makes no sense. If people can't change their opinion based on new evidence (And Joe's playoff run this season is pretty compelling evidence) then what's the point?

He thought Flacco was pretty good to average before, and then Flacco did something that only great QBs can do so he thinks he's great. What's the problem.

Especially amusing in all this is the multipage thread abusing Tim Hasslebeck for NOT changing his mind about Joe.

Guess some fans are happy to be miserable no matter what the world is saying about us.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Where Hodge is concerned - no matter what he says - he continues to cement his position as the worst sports commentator. PERIOD!

Hoge hoping and praying that Joe has an off year so he can bash him again. He' an ass wipe and will always be. Br doesn't belong in the top 5, br has injury problems and can't play 16 games a year. Top 5 Qbs play every game and don't choke in the 4th quarter.

Too soon to make a list. A whole year with Jim IMO will cause the cream to rise to the surface. IMO Look for Joe to be on top. Pro Bowl hear comes Joe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Who do you guys have in your top 5?

I'm thinking (In no order): Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Flacco, Eli Manning
    Taking into account their achievements, skills, and future (years left in the NFL):

1. Flacco
    2. Brees
    3. Rodgers
    4. Brady
    5. Russell Wilson
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

I do find irony in the fact that Joe tied Montana's record. Flacco like Montana is all about the WINS. If it takes 3200 yds and 24 TD's so be it. If it takes 4200yds and 40 TD's I think he can pull that off to with the right personnel around him. He takes care of the ball and makes smart decisions. Not afraid to take a chance but even when he does, he does it in a way that minimizes the risk.

I had to laugh at some fans of opposing teams who say Joe just throws the ball up for grabs 50-50 throws. Its only a 50-50 throw if you throwing it to a guy who who is not physical enough to out muscle the CB for the ball. Joe understands his personnel, he gets their strengths and utilizes them. He know a 50-50 ball thrown correctly to Boldin is really a more like a a 80-0-20 if thrown right (80% completion, little INT chance and 20% incomplete). Seeing this understanding of his personnel and the ability to exploit it excites me as much as any of his physical skills do
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    I do find irony in the fact that Joe tied Montana's record. Flacco like Montana is all about the WINS. If it takes 3200 yds and 24 TD's so be it. If it takes 4200yds and 40 TD's I think he can pull that off to with the right personnel around him. He takes care of the ball and makes smart decisions. Not afraid to take a chance but even when he does, he does it in a way that minimizes the risk.

I had to laugh at some fans of opposing teams who say Joe just throws the ball up for grabs 50-50 throws. Its only a 50-50 throw if you throwing it to a guy who who is not physical enough to out muscle the CB for the ball. Joe understands his personnel, he gets their strengths and utilizes them. He know a 50-50 ball thrown correctly to Boldin is really a more like a a 80-0-20 if thrown right (80% completion, little INT chance and 20% incomplete). Seeing this understanding of his personnel and the ability to exploit it excites me as much as any of his physical skills do
    Some idiot Stillers fan was trying to tell me Flacco is lucky to have Boldin get jump balls. Some people are clueless.

I've seen Flacco make tons of incredibly difficult throws, but he knows how to use his personnel like you said. Boldin is like a power forward that knows how to box out the D to get the rebound. You just put it up high and give him a shot. 9/10 times Boldin will out muscle any dback in the league. And if Boldin misses it, it's most likely sailing out of bounds safely.