Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Thank You New Orleans!!!

Didn't they just spend like 350 million fixing up the Superdome after Katrina?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Didn't they just spend like 350 million fixing up the Superdome after Katrina?
    Just one of those things with the lights.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Confine the power problem to the appropriate thread (s) please.

This thread is about the awesome people of New Orleans!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Confine the power problem to the appropriate thread (s) please.

This thread is about the awesome people of New Orleans!
    It was incredible wasn't it?
    The vibe in the streets was really positive from Friday on.
    Saturday night I went all over Bourbon and the FQ.......the fans were so positive, in huge numbers.
    The fans weren't going to take a loss.
    And we did it!

Blog Entries

You all beat me to it! On my way back to Baltimore and all I can think about is how great New Orleans was. The people. The city. The history. The music. The food. The ambiance. I remember the NFL toying with making New Orleans the home of the Super Bowl for 5-10 years. After this weekend, I would be all for it. (And hopefully the power issues in the Superdome are resolved before then!)

Great job, New Orleans - and thank you for one of the best weekends of my life!

Got home late last night and had to go back to work today (season ticket invoices will be arriving soon) after a GREAT weekend in NOLA. Everything downtown was walkable or available via mass transit, the Ravens Nation turnout terrific, and we introduced some folks to tailgating.. B-more style. Managed to get tickets without taking out a third mortgage and it was an experience our group will cherish forever.
    NOLARaven- THANKS for all the tips and help!

Super Bowl there every year! We had so much fun with the locals. The craziest thing was that purple march over to the stadium...the locals kept asking, "where he heck did you all come from!?!?". Man that was cool.

That town was bright friggin' purple all weekend!

Back at the office here so tired and happy. The Parade comes right by, hoping to stick my head out for a peek. Too swamped here to go see everything today.

I was unfortunate enough to miss the superbowl this year there, however, a few years back when we played the Saints here and we won, there was about 20 saints fans that were from NOLA area, they lined up near the entrance of one of the tunnels and congratulated every Raven fan that walked out of that section, one of the classiest things ever seen from another fan base. Since that moment on i always had a soft spot for that city.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Thank You New Orleans!!!

I wasn't in NO for the Super Bowl, but the wife and I took a vacation there last April. It was 7 days of absolute joy! The jazz, great food, Abita, atmosphere, people, Mardi Gras museum, Cafe Du Monde, Mississippi river, etc.
    Man, I'd be hard pressed to select a better spot (and I live in New York City) to party in... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Yup, I'd like to add my +1 to these thoughts as well.

Just got home myself a short time ago.

Possibly the greatest city in the country to go party at.

No matter where you went, everybody wanted us to win!!

This would include Biloxi, MS. where we stayed as well.
    Any Falcons fan you came across....same thing.

Was there the year after Katrina when we played the Saints and they were just as welcoming.

I swore then that my ass would be back again but wasn't anticipating going back until 2014 when we play them again.

Bought tickets to the game while down there and will never regret it.
    Possibly one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.

Spent the whole weekend partying with all my closest Raven fans friends and shared an absolutely incredible weekend with people that mean a lot to me.

The whole experience was absolutely surreal and will never be forgotten!!

Disagree completely.

Yeah, the stadium is outdated and probably should be replaced, but not having another Super bowl there is out of the question.

IMO, clearly they know how to do it after 10 times doing it.

The whole entire atmosphere of the city, the architecture, the giant freakin' party of the entire city and the French quarter.

If/when we ever go again to the Super bowl, I hope it's there.

That place fuckin' rocks!!!:ww:

+2. I had the most amazing time down there. The people were AWESOME! Friendly, great hosts, always asking if we liked it, offering suggestions and thanked us for coming down. I'm quite the party animal but I've NEVER been anywhere that could hold a candle to NoLa. I will do my best to go there anytime the Ravens play there.

Glad you pulled the trigger, Fanatic. Chris & I were so glad that all of the Lot J Crew went to the game and were able to share the Ravens victory together.

LOL I am glad you got tix.
    I came by the lot on Sunday, and I guess y'all were off getting 'em........no worries.
    Like I said on WBAL last Tuesday, we were going to take this.....and it was going to feel like a home game.
    So, thanks Baltimore for making that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    LOL I am glad you got tix.
    I came by the lot on Sunday, and I guess y'all were off getting 'em........no worries.
    Like I said on WBAL last Tuesday, we were going to take this.....and it was going to feel like a home game.
    So, thanks Baltimore for making that happen.
    And shout out a big Thank You to NOLARavenFAN. Your participation in the planning thread was extremely valuable to all of us who came, even including myself, a former New Orleans 'burbs resident. I did enjoy meeting you. Thanks for tracking me down all the way to the one-holer in Cafe du Monde.

btw: I chose a different approach on Sunday to avoid the traffic mess and parking rip-offs: the Algiers free ferry to the base of Canal Street, transfer to the new streetcar line from that point to the Superdome. It was hassle free, costing a total of $.80 round trip.

=============================================================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Their stadium on the other hand is outdated and needs work. Some serious scrutiny needs to come into play if they're considered for another SB.
    Although the stadium could use further enhancements (bigger video board for one), it still is the best stadium in the NFL, taking into account its downtown location, vertical orientation, sightlines, theater-style cushioned seating, etc. Newer stadiums in the suburbs lack the weekend-long fan electricity that is generated arounf the Superdome. Can you imagine how bad it will be next season, playing in the snow at the Hackensack Dump located at the middle-of-nowhere, New Jersey?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).