Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 32 of 32
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,195
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Thank You New Orleans!!!



    How about bigger seats?

    My friend just told me unless you sat in the padded seats near the field it was a disaster, espescially for tall and large people.
    His knees were up against his chest the entire game and he had to get up and move out into the aisle when people went
    by.

    During the blackout he couldn't even get a hot dog or beer which cost $12. He had to stay in Mississippi and had
    a 2-hour ride to the stadium. I remember friends in Nest 1 who went to SB 35 and had an 8 hour ride to go to the
    pre-game parties during the week and game.

    NO survived one of the worst natural disasters ever and spent a ton of money on the building but they really need a new
    stadium from what I heard. The blackout really sounds like an abnormality as they claim.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-05-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  2. #26

    Re: Thank You New Orleans!!!

    Hey everyone...just wanted to register to offer my congratulations to all the Ravens fans on your Super Bowl Championship...I'm happy for you that you get to enjoy this.

    Also wanted to say that I am really happy that you all had such a good time visiting NOLA this past weekend...we always try to make visitors feel welcome and I'm glad you all felt that way. Please come back again and visit here anytime.

    Congratulations again!




  3. #27

    Re: Thank You New Orleans!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    How about bigger seats?

    My friend just told me unless you sat in the padded seats near the field it was a disaster, especially for tall and large people.
    His knees were up against his chest the entire game and he had to get up and move out into the aisle when people went
    by.
    I have no idea where your friend was sitting, but I've never encountered such a problem at any level of seating in the dome. And I am no string bean. I had many fans getting up during the game to pass my seat -- no problems whatsoever. Is your friend 7 feet tall and 400 pounds, perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    During the blackout he couldn't even get a hot dog or beer which cost $12. He had to stay in Mississippi and had
    a 2-hour ride to the stadium.
    Lack of planning on his part. There was lodging available on the West Bank on game day. Moreover, Mississippi beaches and casinos provided a decent alternative for those who didn't stay in the City.

    I flew out of Panama City Beach yesterday with about 100 Ravens fans. Our 3+1/2 star rated beachfront hotel cost $39 via Orbitz. On the way to New Orleans, we stayed at a Hilton outside of Mobile for $99. You just have to be smart about shopping for travel deals.

    As to the $12 beers, what does one expect after spending $1,000 to $2500 per ticket, free drafts of Natty Boh? SB prices are ridiculous, but it's supply & demand. Food prices were pretty much in line with other NFL stadiums, and the $12 beers were 20 oz premium beers (not that I was paying attention ).

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

    NO survived one of the worst natural disasters ever and spent a ton of money on the building but they really need a new
    stadium from what I heard. The blackout really sounds like an abnormality as they claim.
    That's just NFL stadium bullshit! Benson's propaganda for more luxury suites at taxpayer expense. The Superdome remains the Queen of NFL stadiums. It's a fine facility located a few blocks from the French Quarter - much like Baltimore and Nashville, it's downtown location adds to the gameday experience.

    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  4. #28

    Re: Thank You New Orleans!!!

    Perhaps the Lee Evans drop/Billy Cundiff miss last year was for the best. Had they won, they'd have to travel to Indianapolis. From what I heard, they did the best they could to make the place seem festive, but still--If you want a place to truly celebrate and party around a Super Bowl victory, you can't do much better than New Orleans. Indianapolis just doesn't have the same cache.

    Plus the whole thing about having to play on the home field of that team just would have been, well, awkward. (Although it would have been cool to have the Ravens drive the Lombardi Trophy home from Indy in the back of a Mayflower van, but perhaps that's just me.)

    So next year for our repeat it will be New York. Eh--not a fan of New Yorker's false sense of superiority around a city that's nowhere near as great as people make it out to be, but I guess it will have to do. Not to mention that it will really be played in a swamp off the side of the Jersey turnpike, so I can't see what all is great about that.




  5. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    650
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Thank You New Orleans!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NolaSaints View Post
    Hey everyone...just wanted to register to offer my congratulations to all the Ravens fans on your Super Bowl Championship...I'm happy for you that you get to enjoy this.

    Also wanted to say that I am really happy that you all had such a good time visiting NOLA this past weekend...we always try to make visitors feel welcome and I'm glad you all felt that way. Please come back again and visit here anytime.

    Congratulations again!
    And thank you NOLA Saints for a great weekend. Your city is tremendous and I have been singing its praises all week. New Orleans has given me one of my all time favorite weekends and I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the city - a city that is a true American original. Best to you and all New Orleanians. Laissez les bon temps rouler!




  6. #30

    Re: Thank You New Orleans!!!

    We had a great time in NoLa. My wife being from the area really helped us all in the planning stages. We ended up in a suite at the Best Western Landmark in Metairie for about $1000 per room less then some of the package deals we found that had us out in Biloxi and we had the rooms for 4 days and the package deals were for only 3. The quarter and French Markets were full of Ravens fans. The locals were all happy and helpful. They could host the Superbowl every year as far as I am concerned. It couldn't have been a better time for the group I was with and that was about 30 people all tolled.




  7. #31

    Re: Thank You New Orleans!!!

    Awesome city to host the Super Bowl.

    I'm still recovering. I think I had about 6 hours sleep total in 3 days down there.

    Awesome places to eat, Awesome places to drink, great atmosphere.

    Then there was the game which topped it all off.

    Only thing I didn't like about the Superdome was the steps in the 600 sections. Damn things were about 2 feet high. I seen quite a few older people struggling to make it up and down.

    I had a great trip down there and would definitely go back again.




  8. #32

    Re: Thank You New Orleans!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    So next year for our repeat it will be New York. Eh--not a fan of New Yorker's false sense of superiority around a city that's nowhere near as great as people make it out to be, but I guess it will have to do. Not to mention that it will really be played in a swamp off the side of the Jersey turnpike, so I can't see what all is great about that.
    That would work for me. Got a brother in law in Park Slope Brooklyn and the NJTP never sells out nor raises it's tolls on prime weekends.

    Hard to beat New Orleans if you can get there. I did the Same Day Air Charter by Prime Sports. Man, I see how people could get used to going First Class all the way! Nice little touches throughout the day (e.g. a brass band to greet us @ the buses @ MSY, then a police motorcycle escort into town). A perfectly OK pre-game party w/ some live zydeco and ex-NFLers (e.g. Joe Theisman), though some folks opted to explore New Orleans instead, which was a cinch when everything was just a reasonable walk away. After the game, there were staffers posted at every turn we had to make to get back to the bus, where they had boarding passes for the flight home waiting for us. Wasn't cheap (maybe you guys don't need to hire quite so many college kids next time...), but I got more flavor of the city than one could reasonably expect in a day trip.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland