Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Because he wasn't a defenseless receiver as evidenced by his effort to turn up field and gain yardage before securing the ball. At that point he became a runner and helmet to helmet goes out the window.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Re: jimmy smith's place in baltimore's history

Got it and thanks. Really vicious hit!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Does anybody remember that one game captured by SoundFX where Jimmy was begging to play press because the refs weren't calling anything?

Gotta love foreshadowing.
    This has been a meme on these boards for a while. This is not at all what happened in the clip.

In the clip, Jimmy Smith comments that he was pressing his receiver and it was working and they weren't calling anything. The D-Backs coach comments "Go ahead and keep pressing him at this point in the game"

That's it really. There was no complaining or "begging" as has been characterized by a lot of people on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    This has been a meme on these boards for a while. This is not at all what happened in the clip.

In the clip, Jimmy Smith comments that he was pressing his receiver and it was working and they weren't calling anything. The D-Backs coach comments "Go ahead and keep pressing him at this point in the game"

That's it really. There was no complaining or "begging" as has been characterized by a lot of people on the board.
    People did questioned why Williams
    N Smith wasn't allowed to press more

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Next season our corners could be very solid, hopefully Webb comes back healthy though.

You could have Corey and Jimmy on the outside, with Webb playing nikel.

No more playing Jimmy on special teams.

I would have laughed at it before, but with all the talent at corner maybe they do consider moving Webb to FS if Reed leaves, in order to go easier on his knee as he comes back off of injury.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I tried telling people, the dude is legit. Last year he played huge against the Patriots. His ceiling is high.
    I think he simply hasnt had enough PT. We judge players way too soon around here, and when it comes to letting vets go and trusting them people flip out. Then they end being adequate players or even stars themselves and its back to "in Ozzie we trust". Ill sooner just say "in ozzie we trust" and skip the early judgement. Kid has the tools and last night gave him some confidence/swagger. At CB thats a really important thing which also explains why Cary acts like he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I would have laughed at it before, but with all the talent at corner maybe they do consider moving Webb to FS if Reed leaves, in order to go easier on his knee as he comes back off of injury.
    Hes still our best CB and although i expect him to struggle some like he did before his first year back, hell still be a solid corner that well need. Moving him to safety doesnt make sense financially long term. Hes making way too much to be there.
    -JAB

If anyone is getting squeezed to safety ( unlikely as that is) it will be Graham. He's a good corner who played borderline great, but he's also a solid tackler far better suited to step up in run support than a featherweight like Webb who's clearly got some brittleness issues.

My money is on Christian Thompson and a draft pick fighting it out however.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    If anyone is getting squeezed to safety ( unlikely as that is) it will be Graham. He's a good corner who played borderline great, but he's also a solid tackler far better suited to step up in run support than a featherweight like Webb who's clearly got some brittleness issues.

My money is on Christian Thompson and a draft pick fighting it out however.
    good point, because he also has NFL experience there from his Chicago days. I know when we signed him he was referred to as a S/CB at least. I still trust Thompson to step up unless we use an early pick myself. Thats also if Reed doesnt come back. Hes Iconic around here and I dont expect Ozzie to just let him go.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    No more playing Jimmy on special teams.
    Jimmy had a critical special teams tackle in Denver!

Jimmy "McNulty" Smith, Baltimore hero. Let's hope this is the beginning to a long and storied career.