Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2013 Opening Game

Its a little early but penciling in Sept 5th as the Thursday opener. Who will the league line up..??? Steelers or Pats..???

Re: 2013 Opening Game

Interesting..... Orioles will have to move thier first game of a big homestand vs Chicago and NYY to a daygame? Interesting development.

Neither, I'm going with the Packers.

99% it's the Pats so they can go with the "AFC Championship Rematch" angle.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    99% it's the Pats so they can go with the "AFC Championship Rematch" angle.
    My first guess, but Belichick balked the idea in 2006 on opening early, and got his wish. Ravens will open at home 3 straight years. Could be a crazy weekend with Orioles possibly playing for a pennant with the Yankees and White Sox in town and Ravens opener and ring ceremony.

Pats.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

7. Re: 2013 Opening Game

I agree...if they want to go with marketing it has to be the Pats. I wouldn't rule out the Texans though. I don't think they'll play Ravens vs Steelers week 1 (even though I don't mind getting one of the physical matchups out of the way early)

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    I agree...if they want to go with marketing it has to be the Pats. I wouldn't rule out the Texans though. I don't think they'll play Ravens vs Steelers week 1 (even though I don't mind getting one of the physical matchups out of the way early)

Broncos on the road.

Almost serious - If the NFL thought they could get away with it, I believe they would do that in a heartbeat. (In case you haven't noticed, I still haven't forgotten or forgiven the NFL for screwing us out of the 2001 MNF opener)

Steelers shouldn't be in the discussion - doesn't fit the "playoff grudge match" theme the NFL has promoted recently. Pats are the best fit - Houston and GB are a distant 2nd choice IMO.
    Last edited by MarkS; 02-04-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Actually, I think there is a lot to be said about an AFC/NFC match up on opening night. Draws fans of both conferences, and Green Bay has a wide following. If I was working for the NFL I would be selling that match up as the #1 choice over the Patriots.

Need Houston at home for revenge match. Ravens can play their way at home to make up for the ass whoppimg they received earlier this season.

Not that it matters to me (or most people or the NFL), but I think September 5th is Rosh Hashanna.

12. Re: 2013 Opening Game

I'm actually jewish but I'm from the New York area so I have no idea how many jews are around in Baltimore (gonna take a wild guess that there aren't too many lol). Eitherway, it isn't Yom Kiper which is the holiday where you aren't allowed to do anything fun (have to fast, no food, drinks, can't watch TV, read...pretty much torture). I don't observe Judaism anymore but I know from how I was brought up.