Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: 2013 Opening Game

Since it was Pitt in 2010, Cincy in 2011 and Bill Belicheck prefers to have enough time to study film on the Ravens offense to see what changes/improvements Caldwell will make, that only leaves the Packers as the option.

The angle the NFL will run of course is 2 Super Bowl winning QBs/teams going head to head.

Blog Entries

Re: 2013 Opening Game

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    I'm actually jewish but I'm from the New York area so I have no idea how many jews are around in Baltimore (gonna take a wild guess that there aren't too many lol). Eitherway, it isn't Yom Kiper which is the holiday where you aren't allowed to do anything fun (have to fast, no food, drinks, can't watch TV, read...pretty much torture). I don't observe Judaism anymore but I know from how I was brought up.
    The Baltimore metropolitan area is second to only New York in per capita Jewish pop. Have you never watched a Barry Levinson movie?
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Should be Packers or Pats. Steelers maybe.

Doubful it's Texans because I'm still not sure if their national profile is high enough for that kind of showcase.

I'm still kind of nervous about getting screwed out of the prime time home opener again though. I can totally see the NFL using the O's homestand as an "excuse" for sending them to Pittsburgh or Dnever or even Chicago.

And if that happens..... nothing to do but SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    I'm still kind of nervous about getting screwed out of the prime time home opener again though. I can totally see the NFL using the O's homestand as an "excuse" for sending them to Pittsburgh or Dnever or even Chicago.
    It should be interesting to see what happens...

I have seen several suggest that the currently scheduled 7:05 Orioles game be moved to 12:35....but I don't think it is that easy, since Camden Yards shares the same parking lots with M&T...as well as other services, such as food service staff, security, etc.

A MLB game can easily go 4 hours...so unless the Ravens are prepared to tell parking pass owners, tailgaters, etc., that they cannot get to their spots until 5:00 or later, I don't think it is as easy as "just move the Orioles to a day game".

More likely, I think they would need to make Friday a day/night double-header...but that involves getting approval from the teams involved..and that can be tricky, too.

It's a nice problem to have, but it should be interesting to see how it all plays out...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    It should be interesting to see what happens...

I have seen several suggest that the currently scheduled 7:05 Orioles game be moved to 12:35....but I don't think it is that easy, since Camden Yards shares the same parking lots with M&T...as well as other services, such as food service staff, security, etc.

A MLB game can easily go 4 hours...so unless the Ravens are prepared to tell parking pass owners, tailgaters, etc., that they cannot get to their spots until 5:00 or later, I don't think it is as easy as "just move the Orioles to a day game".

More likely, I think they would need to make Friday a day/night double-header...but that involves getting approval from the teams involved..and that can be tricky, too.

It's a nice problem to have, but it should be interesting to see how it all plays out...
    As an Oriole fan I would like to see a day night double header with the White Sox on Saturday. That would be the best scenario. Saturday day baseball then a night game over Labor day weekend. I think they open with Minnesota or Ny Jets as a hunch. Both would generate good ratings. Doubt Cincy or Pittsburgh opening @ Baltimore another year.
    Last edited by Boulderraven; 02-05-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Any chance that we're PHI's home opener again? ;)
    One could only wish!!! :)

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

"We are confident we can work it out with the Orioles," Ravens team president on Sept. 5 scheduling conflict
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,3448714.story

The most obvious matchup would be the Pats. Rematch of the AFC championship game that will still be fresh.....in the minds of the Pats at least. Nothing like starting the NFL season with a rivalry game because that's what the Pats have become in recent years. The league will probably save both of our games against Pitt for two additonal prime time slots.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    The most obvious matchup would be the Pats. Rematch of the AFC championship game that will still be fresh.....in the minds of the Pats at least. Nothing like starting the NFL season with a rivalry game because that's what the Pats have become in recent years. The league will probably save both of our games against Pitt for two additonal prime time slots.
    I think all this stuff about disrespect is getting old.

We got 3 home prime time games in the first month of the this season.

I think next year, if I had to take a guess at our prime time schedule it would look something like this:

Week 1 - Thurs Night - Patriots

Week 16 - Sunday Night - Steelers

in between:

Green Bay at home
    @Cincy (thursday nighter)
    @Denver (MNF)

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I hope they open on Thursday at home, it gets the Thursday game out of the way and we are likely playing the Thursday game on the road if not winning the SB after having 2 straight home Thursday games (SF, Cleveland). Hate the road Thursday on a short week.
    We will still have to play a Thursday game.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

I'm not really worried about the 1st game the Ravens play in 2013. It's the last game that concerns me... Bc

Blog Entries

I hope it's the Patriots so Joe Flacco can go straight back to burning them. Flacco is going to have 4+ touchdown passes and 300+ yards in the season opener. Mark my words. And if you think this is hot air? Go check my bold prediction thread.