Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: titus young?

Re: titus young?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Did that really happen? Or is that what allegedly happened?

The only reason I ask is because he didnt have these issues his rookie year. Something that we wont ever be privy to happened between his rookie year and this past season. Most players (even the ridiculously immature ones) dont go off the deep end like that.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Even taking that alleged event out of the mix, the dude sucker punched a teammate, whines about getting the ball, is very resistant to coaching, run horrible or even the wrong routes pretty consistently. Not to mention the fact he decided to embarrass his organization by making a public spectacle out himself whining about how he was being treated. With Titus Young its a consistent pattern of behavior, he had similar issues in college.

I would not touch this dude with a ten foot pole. He is not so talented that its worth the risk of tainting the water and frankly I would rather see Thompson get the playing time and not have the risk of the headaches Young could bring.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post

Even taking that alleged event out of the mix, the dude sucker punched a teammate, whines about getting the ball, is very resistant to coaching, run horrible or even the wrong routes pretty consistently. Not to mention the fact he decided to embarrass his organization by making a public spectacle out himself whining about how he was being treated. With Titus Young its a consistent pattern of behavior, he had similar issues in college.

I would not touch this dude with a ten foot pole. He is not so talented that its worth the risk of tainting the water and frankly I would rather see Thompson get the playing time and not have the risk of the headaches Young could bring.
    Valid points.

Im not really advocating that he come here. He is very talented, but like I said earlier, I think there will be a couple of teams gunning for him

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Um...no

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

4. Re: titus young?

We don't even need him.

We basically already have a WR of his type in Deonte Thompson who couldn't get on the field because we also have Torrey, Boldin and Jacoby, with Doss getting into the mix.

And Deonte doesn't come with such baggage. At all.
    So, pass.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Um...no
    My thoughts exactly.

Blog Entries

Id rather have David Reed back than Young personally. Cheaper, hard worker, and similar skillset (although unproven) without the headaches. Im not sure what his role would even be here?
    -JAB

WTF, delusional.

I actually wanted us to draft Young in 2011.
    I do NOT want us to sign him (for even the league minimum) in 2013.
    At the bare minimum, you are NOT a professional if you do what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Did that really happen? Or is that what allegedly happened?

The only reason I ask is because he didnt have these issues his rookie year. Something that we wont ever be privy to happened between his rookie year and this past season. Most players (even the ridiculously immature ones) dont go off the deep end like that.

Yes it really happened. He admitted it himself. Also I don't want anyone who thinks that someone like him is better than Megatron. I think he suffered concussion off the field somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I'd rather keep Boldin and Jacoby by extending their contracts if possible.
    I Second, Third, and Fourth that opinion!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

To be fair we don't actually have good route runners except Pitta and Rice. Torrey is getting better but his routes still aren't fantastic. A lot of that might have been Cam though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2