Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

It is beginning to sink in now

The Ravens had one of the most amazing runs in the NFL playoffs ever. Underdogs in the last three games, facing the most decorated and hottest QBs in the league, while hearing doubters about your own. The amount of hate directed at them was unbelievable.

This run is AMAZING, by any objective measure. It will be talked about for a long time.

Ed Reed gets his ring. Boldin, Suggs, Ngata, Rice, Torrey get theirs. Flacco is MVP and quiets his critics, I think for good. Yes, and RL gets to ride into the sunset a champion.

As Flacco just said on TV, no one can EVER take this away from you. The talking is over, the games are over, the hardware goes to Baltimore.

Re: It is beginning to sink in now

Bittersweet. GREAT win. Period. But we will see a very different team next year. Good bye to some great players . Those who follow have some huge shoes to fill.

Sometimes it can be questioned as to whether the best team won the Superbowl. That is not the case this year. Fuck the doubters and the media, the ravens are without question the best team in the NFL.

Blog Entries

Prior to this season, there were only 10 teams in the NFL with multiple SB wins. The Ravens are the 11th, and they entered the league THIRTY years since the beginning of the SB era.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wvraven View Post
    Sometimes it can be questioned as to whether the best team won the Superbowl. That is not the case this year. Fuck the doubters and the media, the ravens are without question the best team in the NFL.
    SF was the best team the Ravens played, followed by the Broncos. All the others were pretenders, including the Patriots. Seattle is also a very good team. It was a season full of great teams, which only makes the Ravens title even more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by wvraven View Post
    Honestly, we weren't the best team during the regular season but I feel like the true Ravens didn't emerge until the playoffs. We cut Cam after Week 14 and we didn't get healthy on defense until the playoffs started. Once we got all the pieces together we were a force to be reckoned with.

I think that's up for debate. We were injury ravaged all through the season, especially in the Denver and Washington games. When we were at full strength at the end of the season, we beat the best. That is not debatable. Anybody who wants to say we got lucky can kiss my ass.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

The interesting thing is how similar the two playoff runs were in as much as a dominating home win followed by 2 games on the road against heavily favored teams to get to the Super Bowl, but so different in execution. This postseason was just so fun, and so unexpected to see Joe become a real top flight QB and really have the keys. Just outstanding.

AMEN and HALLELUJAH! It'll be so great to go back and watch this run and let it all sink in...

banana:

In my years(many) of watching sports, this is my favorite moment. Nobody gave us much of a chance 2 months ago. The Ravens went in, and displayed the heart of a champion, and so many players stepped up, I just can't even begin to fathom yet the greatness we all just witnessed.

This SB had it all. Big plays, an impressive comeback, craziness (the power outage), a goal line stand etc. It has got to go down as one of the best SB's of all time.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

The ending of that Super Bowl felt a little too weird to me. For awhile, it felt like the end of the Cowboys game this year. Where we let the other team back into it, and just had to rely on a bit of luck and some talent from us to seal the game.

I celebrated the failed 4th down, because I assumed we could run out the clock. Then we couldn't even get that part, so we had to contemplate our strategy punting the ball back to them. The decision on the intentional safety could very well have won us that game. Jim Harbaugh was PISSED at that play, partially because no one rushed to tackle Sam, partially because he felt there were holds on the play. That zapped the clock from 12 seconds to 4 seconds, leaving it all to come down to a single play.

I only hoped they did a FC and tried a free kick FG. No way they would've made it but...would've been neat to see.

I do wonder if the situation were reversed, with Tucker's leg, do we give that a try? Probably not, given that Jacoby is more likely to break one for a TD than Tucker making a 70 yard free kick FG...but you'd have to think about it....
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!