Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Retirement/release thread

So who do you think is going to retire (other than obviously Ray Lewis), and who is going to get released to open up some cap room?

My guesses for retirements are:
    Matt Birk
    Brenden Ayanbedajo
    Bobbie Williams

Cuts:
    Leach

Contract extentions:
    Jacoby
    Boldin

Blog Entries

Re: Retirement/release thread

I think Reed retires too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    i'm really on the fence with him, you just don't know what he's going to do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think he very well could retire.

Hopefully this doesn't happen, but there is a possibility that Ngata may consider retiring if his knee is banged up pretty bad and is going to take quite a bit of time to heal up.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think he very well could retire.

Hopefully this doesn't happen, but there is a possibility that Ngata may consider retiring if his knee is banged up pretty bad and is going to take quite a bit of time to heal up.
    He wont retire, he still has a lot of years left in him. When he left in the 2nd half it really hurt us, he was dominating double teams in the first half, flat out destroying them.

I don't think we will know with Reed until after the draft. He is 50/50

I am with wicked on my favorite Raven. I hope he doesn't retire, but it wouldn't shock me. He has taken a beating over the last few years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I don't think we will know with Reed until after the draft. He is 50/50

I am with wicked on my favorite Raven. I hope he doesn't retire, but it wouldn't shock me. He has taken a beating over the last few years.
    Free agency is before the draft, we will know what happens with Reed well before the draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He wont retire, he still has a lot of years left in him. When he left in the 2nd half it really hurt us, he was dominating double teams in the first half, flat out destroying them.
    I'm just saying...the dude was talking about it in November/December...talking about quality of life...it isn't easy for a 185lb guy to return effectively from a major knee injury. Imagine the difficulty a 340lb man would have. That is a lot of weight coming down on your knees. That is a lot of overcompensating, which could impact the other leg/knee/hip and his back.

I certainly don't want Ngata to retire. However, if his knee injury ends up being a bad one and we're talking about a 6-8 month recover time (optimistically) then he may end up concluding that this is a good time for him to walk away, drop some weight, make sure his knee is REALLY good to go, and make sure that he has a good quality of life after the NFL. He'll be 30 next season. He's wealthy. He's a SB champion. He was one of the most dominant players during his prime. Could we really blame him if he did?

Again, I really am hoping his knee injury was just a tweak/sprain and it's no big deal and he comes back next year with a vengeance to just kill opponents, but if he did retire, I wouldn't blame him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Reed will retire when his "son says 'Dad i dont want you to go'.". I dont think hes back and i dont think he plays. Loves the game but championship is the last thing he was playing for.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I don't think that Ed Reed or Ngata are going to retire. Ed can still get one more payday. It may or may not be with the Ravens though. I think Kruger is gone, and vets like Kemo and McKinnie are also gone. Even these cuts though will not be enough. The Ravens will have to restructure some other contracts and cut more players to get under the cap next year. Ryan McBean (IR) will also be cut.

I'm saying Ed is the type who won't rush into a decision. Hell, I could see him waiting until after June 1 to sign somewhere, especially if teams aren't throwing big dollars at him.

And Wicked - I am with you. Nobody could blame Haloti. He has been an absolute beast but he has to consider his quality of life for the next 50 years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm just saying...the dude was talking about it in November/December...talking about quality of life...it isn't easy for a 185lb guy to return effectively from a major knee injury. Imagine the difficulty a 340lb man would have. That is a lot of weight coming down on your knees. That is a lot of overcompensating, which could impact the other leg/knee/hip and his back.

I certainly don't want Ngata to retire. However, if his knee injury ends up being a bad one and we're talking about a 6-8 month recover time (optimistically) then he may end up concluding that this is a good time for him to walk away, drop some weight, make sure his knee is REALLY good to go, and make sure that he has a good quality of life after the NFL. He'll be 30 next season. He's wealthy. He's a SB champion. He was one of the most dominant players during his prime. Could we really blame him if he did?

Again, I really am hoping his knee injury was just a tweak/sprain and it's no big deal and he comes back next year with a vengeance to just kill opponents, but if he did retire, I wouldn't blame him.
    If the knee problem was really that serious, he wouldn't have played much in the play offs, but he graded out really well in pretty much ever game. He will probably get surgery, but if Suggs can come back from something more serious in the space of a few months, then I'm pretty sure Ngata will be living out his contract. We shall see though, it would be a massive blow for our defense if it were to happen.