Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Should Cary Williams have been ejected?

#49 of the Niners pulled Williams' helmet off then stomped on his back. I don't blame Williams for being pissed. But, technically he should have been ejected in addition to #49. IMO

Blog Entries

He should have been ejected for getting on my nerves. He can just be annoying. He's got this complex going on with the whole "I'm not gonna be anybody's punk" thing going on.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Should have been but of course I'm glad he wasn't.

There will be a fine on the way soon enough

4. Re: Should Cary Williams have been ejected?

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom42 View Post
    There are 2 mitigating factors that I believe allowed him to remain in the game:

1. The 49'ers player clearly slammed his head onto the turf and ripped his helmet off.

2. Cary Williams didn't actually "shove" the official, he put his straight arm on him and moved him backwards, but realized it was a ref and not the player he was upset with and removed his hand immediately.

I don't think they could have ejected Cary Williams on that play without also ejecting the 49'ers player.
    He did shove the ref, but he meant to shove #49 of the 49ers.
    What happened was #59 of the Ravens jumped in and grabbed #49 of the 49ers, while the ref rushed in to try and break things up. #59 of the Ravens moved #49 away and bumped Cary a little and since the ref jumped in to the spot where #49 had just been, when Cary took a shot at where #49 had been, he inadvertently shoved the ref.

I think in the heat of the moment, the ref who was unharmed, forgot that a player wasn't supposed to do that, even by accident.

Cary got lucky there, though he may have to pay a fine because of what he did.

Just looking at the rule, yeah he should've been thrown out.

I told my wife while we were watching it that he was gone. Glad I was wrong on that part.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by strez View Post
    Almost all analysts on ESPN this morning felt the refs made the correct call by overlooking the incident and not penalizing him. They all agreed it was mistaken identify and happened because his helmet got ripped off.
    I'm glad they did because it was a 'heat of the moment' gesture and more of a stiff arm than shove. I believe the refs did a good job overall of letting the players play and not turning the game on a ticky tack penalty. But this could've been called and he still may get a fine. (but who cares)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Yes, and there's a case to be made that Ngata should have been tossed as well.

Ngata literally picked Boger up by the jersey and tossed him aside.

But whatever. The Zebra's were obviously swallowing the whistle. I am willing to be bet both players will be sitting out the opener thanks to a suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yes, and there's a case to be made that Ngata should have been tossed as well.

Ngata literally picked Boger up by the jersey and tossed him aside.

But whatever. The Zebra's were obviously swallowing the whistle. I am willing to be bet both players will be sitting out the opener thanks to a suspension.
    Ngata tossed Boger? That is a stretch. I thought he was moving Boger away from the danger when Boger slipped?

9. Re: Should Cary Williams have been ejected?

Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    Ngata tossed Boger? That is a stretch. I thought he was moving Boger away from the danger when Boger slipped?
    I'll admit that I didn't see Ngata throughout the entire scrum, but it definitely looked to me like he was protecting Boger more than anything else.

Anyone have a video link of this? I'm curious to see it.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Ngata was clearly helping Boger get to his feet after he stumbled.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Anyone have a video link of this? I'm curious to see it.
    36 seconds into the video that was linked in the first post of the thread.