Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should Cary Williams have been ejected?

I'm certainly glad that he wasn't, but IMO striking the referee the way he did, I'm shocked that he wasn't thrown out. Fine on it's way?

See .21 seconds and .42 for views. My guess is he mistook the ref for a 49'er... but I think he's lucky...

Link Fixed
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...k-fight-ensues
    Last edited by ravensscott57; 02-04-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Re: Should Cary Williams have been ejected?

i was kind of surprised he wasn't at least flagged. I guess the ref understood that Cary mistook him for opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyPKA View Post
    i was kind of surprised he wasn't at least flagged. I guess the ref understood that Cary mistook him for opponent.
    I agree, I orginially thought it was Williams who got the flag for the Ravens, It was Graham that was penalized for the Ravens but after watching several times I couldn't see exactly what he did. However I did see Williams throwing some puches as well when they were on the ground.
    Last edited by ravensscott57; 02-04-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Yes.

Glad he wasn't, and glad to see Jimmy Smith come on recently, because I won't mind seeing Cary leave.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

He should have been, but I'm glad hd wasn't.

I hope people will remember this and the refs wise decision to just let the players play on the goal line stand next time the old "The league is out to get us" canard comes up.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Cary is a hot head.

He played a hell of a game though.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Im not sure what was going on, clearly somebody removed his helmet from him. He is a bit of a hot head, and by rule probably should have been removed from the game but lets be honest, by definition of the rule was not how they were letting them play last night. It was fairly called but it wasnt by the book by any means.

I think cary played himself into a decent contract this year. We wouldnt be where we are without him, despite some fans dislike.
    -JAB

There are 2 mitigating factors that I believe allowed him to remain in the game:

1. The 49'ers player clearly slammed his head onto the turf and ripped his helmet off.

2. Cary Williams didn't actually "shove" the official, he put his straight arm on him and moved him backwards, but realized it was a ref and not the player he was upset with and removed his hand immediately.

I don't think they could have ejected Cary Williams on that play without also ejecting the 49'ers player.

9. Re: Should Cary Williams have been ejected?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensscott57 View Post
    I agree, I orginially thought it was Williams who got the flag for the Ravens, It was Graham that was penalized for the Ravens but after watching several times I couldn't see exactly what he did. However I did see Williams throwing some puches as well when they were on the ground.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they got the number wrong.

Yes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Cary is a hot head.

He played a hell of a game though.
    He sure did. I like Cary and wish we could keep him. He definitely gets the most out of his talent.

Almost all analysts on ESPN this morning felt the refs made the correct call by overlooking the incident and not penalizing him. They all agreed it was mistaken identify and happened because his helmet got ripped off.