Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Russell Street community mock draft

He definitely needs to add some muscle. Around 260 is where he will probably be in the NFL. I've seen the run stopping skills but I haven't seen enough of him in coverage. It sounds like that just wasn't something he needed to do much of in college. Suggs went from a pure pass rusher to a complete NFL 3-4 OLB so as long as Jordan has the skills it is possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He definitely needs to add some muscle. Around 260 is where he will probably be in the NFL. I've seen the run stopping skills but I haven't seen enough of him in coverage. It sounds like that just wasn't something he needed to do much of in college. Suggs went from a pure pass rusher to a complete NFL 3-4 OLB so as long as Jordan has the skills it is possible.
    He actually dropped into coverage a fair amount at Oregon. That's one reason why teams are really high on him right now. It is rare for a rush OLB to have the ability to drop into coverage effectively.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

If Gus Bradley wants recreate the style of defense he had in Seattle he has to get big physical press corners to go with his new edge rusher so he gets one here to go with Derek Cox if they choose to resign him if not they'll need a new #1 Corner

With the 33rd pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select, Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida St.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Love this pick for Baltimore. REALLY love this pick.

Jordan is everything the Ravens need. He is Suggs with speed.
    And a fan mock draft is going to deviate greatly from the real draft. I don't see Dion Jordan getting anywhere close to us, unfortunately.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    If Gus Bradley wants recreate the style of defense he had in Seattle he has to get big physical press corners to go with his new edge rusher so he gets one here to go with Derek Cox if they choose to resign him if not they'll need a new #1 Corner

With the 33rd pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select, Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida St.
    I like that pick. That guy has all the potential to be a stud!

Blog Entries

Love that pick Carey, huge fan of Rhodes.

I've had it stuck in my head that our first pick NEEDS to be a S/OL/ILB, but getting Dion Jordan would have me dancing in the street. IMO there are a few ILB in the mid rounds that I feel are starting quality (ie: Reddick) as well as picking up someone like Tony Jefferson or Baccari Rambo for a S and then someone like Queensberry (sp?) in the 3rd. Either way Dion Jordan is a sickkkk pick

Blog Entries

I really like Dion Jordan too. But he must add strength to shed blocks, he doesn't appear to have the ability to play with his hands in the dirt as he gets pushed around a little bit. Against USC, he was awful.

With that said, the pick has a ton of upside.

Blog Entries

you should run this again after the combine

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I love the Warmack pick for the Chargers. Instead of reaching for Lane Johnson they go out and get a fantastic prospect at Guard. I watch a lot of SEC games and Chance Warmack is the real deal. My LSU team really struggled against him the past 2 years. That dude is a monster and plays as hard as Yanda. I think he's going to be a great pro.
    I think he's the best player in this draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I think he's the best player in this draft.
    So far he's my favorite prospect too.

Granted, I liked him as a pretty good player before the championship game and then elevated my evaluation after seeing him destroy Manti Te'o in that game. Perhaps that's a bit of a false read if Te'o really didn't have his head screwed on straight that day. But it was hard to keep your eyes off of him in the games I've watched, and that's saying a lot for a guard.