Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Russell Street community mock draft

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Saints get a nice pass rusher, good pick Carey.

With the 16th pick, of the 2013 NFL draft, the Saint Louis Rams select, Lane Johnson, Offensive tackle, Oklahoma.
    The Rams need to address the offensive line. Sam Bradford has been a mild disappointment as the first overall pick back in 2010, and a lot of that is because his offensive line has been woeful. The Rams get a raw, but potentially franchise left tackle with this pick.
    Lane Johnson was already taken.

Leach is still on the clock.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

iggyman555 Guest

Saints get a nice pass rusher, good pick Carey.

With the 16th pick, of the 2013 NFL draft, the Saint Louis Rams select, Lane Johnson, Offensive tackle, Oklahoma.
    The Rams need to address the offensive line. Sam Bradford has been a mild disappointment as the first overall pick back in 2010, and a lot of that is because his offensive line has been woeful. The Rams get a raw, but potentially franchise left tackle with this pick.
    i (miami) took lane johnson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    i (miami) took lane johnson
    :grbac:

huge fail, forgot lol.

Hold on.

Blog Entries

With the 16th pick of the 2013 NFL draft, the Saint Louis Rams select, Cordarrelle Patterson, Wide receiver, Tennessee.
    Another reason is that Bardford hasn't really had many weapons to work with.

Blog Entries

With the 17th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State.

The Steelers cut Casey Hampton and they're going to have to completely retool a lot of their defense, but it all starts up front for Dick LeBeau. Ziggy Hood isn't very good and Cameron Heyward didn't do much last year either.

Hankins can play DE, DT, or NT in a 3-4, does well against the run, pushes the pocket well, and would be a cornerstone piece for the Steelers' D to build off of. Unlike other big DT's in this draft, Hankins is a 3-down player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    With the 17th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State.

The Steelers cut Casey Hampton and they're going to have to completely retool a lot of their defense, but it all starts up front for Dick LeBeau. Ziggy Hood isn't very good and Cameron Heyward didn't do much last year either.

Hankins can play DE, DT, or NT in a 3-4, does well against the run, pushes the pocket well, and would be a cornerstone piece for the Steelers' D to build off of. Unlike other big DT's in this draft, Hankins is a 3-down player.
    Not sure why, but I am just not that big on him. I didn't watch a ton of Ohio Sate games this year, but I just got the impression he would disappear... or not have 100% all the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Not sure why, but I am just not that big on him. I didn't watch a ton of Ohio Sate games this year, but I just got the impression he would disappear... or not have 100% all the time.

Blog Entries

I actually really like Hankins, and would love if he dropped to us at 32, he'd be an instant upgrade over Kemo or Cody, and would be a force next to Ngata.

Blog Entries

But if I was the Steelers, I'd go with Lacey, that guy is literally a human bull. I didn't see any "elite" SEC defense have an answer for him. Even Georgia got mauled by him. Jarvis Jones? Jenkins? Rambo? Ogletree? All ran over by this guy. He is one of those picks that could put the AFCN on notice for a team that will be plagued by the cap this year and into the future, the Steelers need all the day 1 starters they can get over the next few drafts, their last one is turning out to be a total fail so far, and Hankins may be that guy, but they have other options than him.

runray27 is up

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't like Hankins either. He has incredible size but I don't think he moves all that well. He's a 1st down and goal line player.

With the 16th pick of the 2013 NFL draft, the Saint Louis Rams select, Cordarrelle Patterson, Wide receiver, Tennessee.
    Another reason is that Bardford hasn't really had many weapons to work with.
    Hmm, I was hoping he would fall to me (Seattle at 25), but I agree, if he does well at the combine, he should go around your pick leach, that guy is just oozing potential.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

I don't like Hankins either. He has incredible size but I don't think he moves all that well. He's a 1st down and goal line player.
    I disagree. He isnt the pass rusher that Floyd is, but I think Hankins is athletic enough to be an every down player.

Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if he went higher.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner