Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Retirement/release thread



    Ngata isn't retiring, just stop the talk altogether about that.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,930
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Retirement/release thread

    I know it was a big emotional moment but last night Reed sure said he was not retiring. He said he loves the game too much
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,814
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Retirement/release thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If the knee problem was really that serious, he wouldn't have played much in the play offs, but he graded out really well in pretty much ever game. He will probably get surgery, but if Suggs can come back from something more serious in the space of a few months, then I'm pretty sure Ngata will be living out his contract. We shall see though, it would be a massive blow for our defense if it were to happen.
    Do we know how badly his knee was hurt last night? That's what I'm talking about.

    They're calling it a sprain, but it could just as easily be an ACL/MCL.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #19

    Re: Retirement/release thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If the knee problem was really that serious, he wouldn't have played much in the play offs, but he graded out really well in pretty much ever game. He will probably get surgery, but if Suggs can come back from something more serious in the space of a few months, then I'm pretty sure Ngata will be living out his contract. We shall see though, it would be a massive blow for our defense if it were to happen.
    Did you not see him go down in the 3rd yesterday? He had an OL go shoulder first into his knee on Gore's TD run. It did not look pretty, and he quickly went from questionable to return to doubtful. I think it's a safe bet that it was a rather serious injury.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,814
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Retirement/release thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ngata isn't retiring, just stop the talk altogether about that.
    I'm sure he'll play out his contract here, but based on the way he was talking earlier this year, it is food for thought.

    Like you said: would be a HUGE blow to the D.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,814
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Retirement/release thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Ngata retiring would destroy the Ravens cap all by itself for next year. All of his remaining prorated signing bonus would accelerate onto next year's cap. I think Ngata plays out his current contract and then retires.
    It would be a bad bad thing.

    I think he plays his contract out (2 more years? 3?), but the possibility certainly exists.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: Retirement/release thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He wont retire, he still has a lot of years left in him. When he left in the 2nd half it really hurt us, he was dominating double teams in the first half, flat out destroying them.
    Considering he's already talked about it and tony Lombardi said the threat is looming in the not to distance future, if he's done ligaments and needs surgery he could very well consider it




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,983

    Re: Retirement/release thread

    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Considering he's already talked about it and tony Lombardi said the threat is looming in the not to distance future, if he's done ligaments and needs surgery he could very well consider it
    I don't know. Here are the details for Ngata's contract. He is signed through the 2015 season, so for 3 more years. So, Ngata has yet to be paid $12.5 million of his $61 million contract. This would be similar to what J.O. did. Sign a big extension and then retire early after getting his guaranteed money. I respect Haloti too much to question him, but it would cripple the Ravens for next year.

    9/20/2011: Signed a five-year, $61 million contract. The deal contains $37.1 million guaranteed, including a $25 million signing bonus. 2012: $2.9 million (+ $10 million "signing" bonus), 2013: $4 million, 2014-15: $8.5 million, 2016: Free Agent




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,136
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Retirement/release thread

    If Ngata wants to retire but not fuck us can he just be on IR for two years or something?




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,814
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Retirement/release thread

    Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Did you not see him go down in the 3rd yesterday? He had an OL go shoulder first into his knee on Gore's TD run. It did not look pretty, and he quickly went from questionable to return to doubtful. I think it's a safe bet that it was a rather serious injury.
    That's what I saw and it is certainly worrisome.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,019
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Retirement/release thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think Reed retires too.
    No way that happens. Reed was quoted last night saying he can still play for many years in this league.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,814
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Retirement/release thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    No way that happens. Reed was quoted last night saying he can still play for many years in this league.
    He also said he was on an emotional high and he would take some time to think it over and see how he feels.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,019
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Retirement/release thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He also said he was on an emotional high and he would take some time to think it over and see how he feels.
    Reed has talked about money for how many years now? There is no way he is going to leave a dime on the table. He's got 1 decent contract left and he's going to get it.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,814
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Retirement/release thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Reed has talked about money for how many years now? There is no way he is going to leave a dime on the table. He's got 1 decent contract left and he's going to get it.
    Maybe.

    If no one comes calling, he may just hang'em up.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,983

    Re: Retirement/release thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Maybe.

    If no one comes calling, he may just hang'em up.
    I still think he ends up with the Colts. Pagano will come calling. He and Ed go way back. Pagano recruited Ed to Miami, coached him there, and coached him with the Ravens. I have heard Ed interviewed several times where he referred to Pagano as a father-figure in his life. The Costs have cap room, and could use Ed's services for 1-2 years.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland