Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Retirement/release thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I don't think that Ed is going to retire. He can still get one more payday. It may or may not be with the Ravens though. I think Kruger is gone, and vets like Kemo and McKinnie are also gone. Even these cuts though will not be enough. The Ravens will have to restructure some other contracts and cut more players to get under the cap next year. Ryan McBean (IR) will also be cut.
    We are under the cap, don't listen to Shefter lol. I think McKinnie gets signed to a 1/2 year deal again personally. Ryan McBean isn't under contract btw.

I was for cutting Boldin. After the Super Bowl I hope they can extend him and bring down his cost. He is great in the slot. I also hope they keep Jones. I do wonder if Thompson can replace him.

The Ravens really need to cut Leach and move away from the I formation. Flacco and Boldin were so much better when they were able to spread the field and get Boldin lined up against a LB in the slot. That does not happen in the I formation.

I really hope they sign McKinnie to a two year deal at a reasonable price. I would also like them to bring back Ellerbe. Kruger is probably gone unless the Ravens can sign Joe and Franchise Kruger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I'm saying Ed is the type who won't rush into a decision. Hell, I could see him waiting until after June 1 to sign somewhere, especially if teams aren't throwing big dollars at him.

And Wicked - I am with you. Nobody could blame Haloti. He has been an absolute beast but he has to consider his quality of life for the next 50 years.
    Ngata retiring would destroy the Ravens cap all by itself for next year. All of his remaining prorated signing bonus would accelerate onto next year's cap. I think Ngata plays out his current contract and then retires.

Blog Entries

Ngata isn't retiring, just stop the talk altogether about that.

Blog Entries

I know it was a big emotional moment but last night Reed sure said he was not retiring. He said he loves the game too much
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If the knee problem was really that serious, he wouldn't have played much in the play offs, but he graded out really well in pretty much ever game. He will probably get surgery, but if Suggs can come back from something more serious in the space of a few months, then I'm pretty sure Ngata will be living out his contract. We shall see though, it would be a massive blow for our defense if it were to happen.
    Do we know how badly his knee was hurt last night? That's what I'm talking about.

They're calling it a sprain, but it could just as easily be an ACL/MCL.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

If the knee problem was really that serious, he wouldn't have played much in the play offs, but he graded out really well in pretty much ever game. He will probably get surgery, but if Suggs can come back from something more serious in the space of a few months, then I'm pretty sure Ngata will be living out his contract. We shall see though, it would be a massive blow for our defense if it were to happen.
    Did you not see him go down in the 3rd yesterday? He had an OL go shoulder first into his knee on Gore's TD run. It did not look pretty, and he quickly went from questionable to return to doubtful. I think it's a safe bet that it was a rather serious injury.

Blog Entries

Ngata isn't retiring, just stop the talk altogether about that.
    I'm sure he'll play out his contract here, but based on the way he was talking earlier this year, it is food for thought.

Like you said: would be a HUGE blow to the D.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Ngata retiring would destroy the Ravens cap all by itself for next year. All of his remaining prorated signing bonus would accelerate onto next year's cap. I think Ngata plays out his current contract and then retires.
    It would be a bad bad thing.

I think he plays his contract out (2 more years? 3?), but the possibility certainly exists.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:

He wont retire, he still has a lot of years left in him. When he left in the 2nd half it really hurt us, he was dominating double teams in the first half, flat out destroying them.
    Considering he's already talked about it and tony Lombardi said the threat is looming in the not to distance future, if he's done ligaments and needs surgery he could very well consider it

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Considering he's already talked about it and tony Lombardi said the threat is looming in the not to distance future, if he's done ligaments and needs surgery he could very well consider it
    I don't know. Here are the details for Ngata's contract. He is signed through the 2015 season, so for 3 more years. So, Ngata has yet to be paid $12.5 million of his $61 million contract. This would be similar to what J.O. did. Sign a big extension and then retire early after getting his guaranteed money. I respect Haloti too much to question him, but it would cripple the Ravens for next year.

9/20/2011: Signed a five-year, $61 million contract. The deal contains $37.1 million guaranteed, including a $25 million signing bonus. 2012: $2.9 million (+ $10 million "signing" bonus), 2013: $4 million, 2014-15: $8.5 million, 2016: Free Agent

If Ngata wants to retire but not fuck us can he just be on IR for two years or something?