Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

defendiing Ray Lewis...

Getting on social media after the game was partially great to see other Ravens fans celebrating but at the same time i saw a lot more negatives towards Ray Lewis and calling him a murderer/cheat and that he shouldnt even be there.

I hate ignorance, and although well likely never know the exact way things went down in Atlanta, signs point pretty strongly that Ray wasnt guilty of anything but what hes admitted to. repeatedly referring to the prosecutions witness as if he was the one on trial is just an ignorant statement.

So as we celebrate a great win, Ill also be defending a great legend.

I believe this was posted before, but its an excellent tool to fight ignorance.

Five misconceptions about ray lewis murder trial
    -JAB

Blog Entries
    What's the point. Haters are going to hate.

Re: defendiing Ray Lewis...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's the loser mentality. Ray is an easy target for losers who are pissed because their team lost, or they lost money betting against the ravens. It's classic childish bs. It's just a shame that people just can't let it go.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Because ignorance is one thing and hatred is another. If youre going to say you hate him because hes a murderer, without knowing the actual story, than it may change perception. Theres a lot of people that talk of hating him, but when Ive given this information, change opinion at least on that topic. They may still not like him for various other reasons, but at least theyre no longer ignorant on the topic and may just refuse to accept reality.

Maybe i just have a pet peeve about ignorance and dragging a guys name through the mud unjustly.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Ignorance is a permanent feature of the human race. Always has been. Socrates couldn't beat it, neither could Voltaire. Galileo spent much of his life under house arrest for believing the earth goes around the sun. You can't fix stupid, bro.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Ignorance is a permanent feature of the human race. Always has been. Socrates couldn't beat it, neither could Voltaire. Galileo spent much of his life under house arrest for believing the earth goes around the sun. You can't fix stupid, bro.
    they didnt have google... simply put, ignorance shouldnt be tolerated when knowledge is available. You give them the facts and they continue to ignore it, than id agree "you cant fix stupid" but ignorance and stupidity are two different things, and you can fix ignorance.
    -JAB

I think the way to handle that is to agree with them that Ray Lewis is a murderer and then ask them if they think Abraham Lincoln will negotiate a deal to resolve the debt ceiling next month.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    they didnt have google... simply put, ignorance shouldnt be tolerated when knowledge is available. You give them the facts and they continue to ignore it, than id agree "you cant fix stupid" but ignorance and stupidity are two different things, and you can fix ignorance.
    Just because someone has the access to facts does not mean they will choose to gain knowledge.

And for those that do seek out knowledge, it doesn't mean they will use intelligence to analyze the facts to find the truth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Because ignorance is one thing and hatred is another. If youre going to say you hate him because hes a murderer, without knowing the actual story, than it may change perception. Theres a lot of people that talk of hating him, but when Ive given this information, change opinion at least on that topic. They may still not like him for various other reasons, but at least theyre no longer ignorant on the topic and may just refuse to accept reality.

Maybe i just have a pet peeve about ignorance and dragging a guys name through the mud unjustly.
    :word

And the people are deliberately ignorant are the worst.

Blog Entries

Yeah the folks who hate Ray will never open their minds to any other info. I just laugh at them and say they're either ignorant of the facts or they're haters. Either way it's their loss not to know what a great leader Ray Lewis has been.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

They always have and they always will. There are some things in life that fair & honest people cannot correct, and that is the stigma created by haters...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yeah the folks who hate Ray will never open their minds to any other info. I just laugh at them and say they're either ignorant of the facts or they're haters. Either way it's their loss not to know what a great leader Ray Lewis has been.
    That's how I feel too. Haters aren't interested in listening to reason. They just want to hate. I don't need to justify Ray Lewis to anyone.