Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

All along, analysts raved about the raw athletic ability to dominate, that Osemele possessed. The question was whether or not he could learn the technique for LT. However, there was no question that he could quickly dominate at LG. This was before he was even drafted.

We know what Oher can do at RT if you just leave him there. Yanda is already established and Osemele is on the rise.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Film Study gave Oher a D.

I was surprised. I thought the entire line did well. He also said Yanda was pushed back into
    Joe on 3rd and inches but Joe had a quick release.

We still won the game in the trenches.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    He got a sack in his first game as a rookie in Philly filling in for Suggs.

He got a big fumble in the SB tonight.

Nothing but upside with Upshaw. What a great career winning the National Championship
    at Alabama and the SB with the Ravens.

What a great draft.

Future All Pro Upshaw
    Future All Pro KO
    Pierce
    Gino who will take over for Birk next year

And the dark horse - Streeter.

IN OZ WE TRUST
    Don't sleep on DeAngelo Tyson either. The kid has some talent.

Blog Entries

LOL - I forgot all about him.

Ozzie added a ton of depth to the team last year.

Next man up!

IN OZ WE TRUST!

Blog Entries

KO, Pierce and Upshaw did a really good job this year. It took them a little while to get adjusted (or get a shot), but they really came on.

Overall a lot of our young guys stepped up, which makes me hopeful for next year, even if we have a bit of a veteran purge.

Blog Entries

Looks like Ozzie will draft a pass rusher in first round this year.

Cody and KEMO struggled vs the run during the season so it looks like Ozzie will go for a pass rusher in
    first round in this year's depth plus backup at Rb too. I'll look for that link.

Ok, here's the link and it looks like he's worried about losing Ellerbe and Mc Clellen too. DAMN!

He also wants another RB because Pierce was hurt and missed practices and they didn't know if he'd play
    the last couple of week of season.

Ozzie lists top needs here.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...b-54c45c73559d
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-09-2013 at 05:20 PM.

He didn't do anything vs us.

I'm just saying as others, he went the same as so many others that left the system. Not so hot.
    Dude, you guys are getting carried away with this. JJ was a great Raven, but he was NEVER stat stuffer. He played our system well, but he never scared people like an Adalius Thomas or someone. He was an overachiever if anything. Who cares how he did with the Chargers?!?!?!
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Blog Entries

I agree with you 100%. That's my point, he was an over achiever here. He even said himself that he doesn't
    have Suggs skill.

A lot of us pointed out he got all that big money and flopped in SD just like so many others that left the
    nest. Ravens always have a next man up.

I agree with you 100%. That's my point, he was an over achiever here. He even said himself that he doesn't
    have Suggs skill.

A lot of us pointed out he got all that big money and flopped in SD just like so many others that left the
    nest. Ravens always have a next man up.
    to be fair, SD's D made a monumental leap in the category of stopping the run this year.JJ's effect was never found in the stats. He is the type of player that increases the chances that his teammates make the right play. He sets his edge and turns the run back inside. He occupies blockers and hurts the offense's "geometry".

Blog Entries

He still only had 1.5 sacks same as the rookiie Upshaw. I don't remember JJ doing squat vs us. You get the big money sacking people. Thats why Kruger will get his $10M and Upshaw will step up to take his place on the edge.

JJ had some big sacks here like the one vs Denver a couple of years ago, He nearly knocked their QB out on
    the first play of the gam.e He
    was the guy before Tebow and Manning. Then he got hit on the other side by Suggs.

That dude was always looking over his shoulder for JJ. He was great off the edge, which is why he got
    his big payday in SD.

He still only had 1.5 sacks same as the rookiie Upshaw. I don't remember JJ doing squat vs us. You get the big money sacking people. Thats why Kruger will get his $10M and Upshaw will step up to take his place on the edge.

JJ had some big sacks here like the one vs Denver a couple of years ago, He nearly knocked their QB out on
    the first play of the gam.e He
    was the guy before Tebow and Manning. Then he got hit on the other side by Suggs.

That dude was always looking over his shoulder for JJ. He was great off the edge, which is why he got
    his big payday in SD.
    again, his contributions are not found in the stat book.

Even here, he didn't have many sacks... but the percentage of snaps that occurred with him on the field were higher then for any other Raven in the year that Filmstudy broke down the info... He's a silent contributor who's contributions are found by watching film. For example, as a passrusher, he would KNOW if there was a blotzer coming from his outside shoulder and MAKE SURE he was blocked by the outermost defender, often to the detriment of his own rush, simply because it was the correct play to make.

Blog Entries

But you said their pass rush improved and Ray had more tackles in the playoffs than JJ had during the entire
    season. Against us he had 0 solo tackles and half a sack. He only had 6 solo tackles in his last 4 games - 0
    sacks. Sorry, but I don't see that as contributing for the big bucks they paid for him. Maybe he did what
    you said but he didn't ear those big bucks.

There were a lot of comments on this board how JJ wasn't doing that well in SD.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-10-2013 at 02:35 PM.