Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 107
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft



    Don't forget, Gino payed well in the first qtr vs Cini's first unit and got to the second level before they put their scrubs
    in. I always thought he was too small and was disappointed in the pick but he plays bigger than his size. That's what
    the Ravens saw in him,

    I now have hi hopes for Gino.

    We got KO in the second round.
    Pierce in the 3rd round
    Then Gino

    And there's still hope for Streeter. He'll be a speedster if they can develop him.




  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,830
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post

    I saw on a Texans board that they mostly are happy that their former Texans got rings. THe funniest line I saw was something like: " Baltimore gets the most out of Jacoby because they have a QB that makes passes look like punts and those are the only things he can catch."

    I gotta say after ours, the Texans are quickly becoming my second favorite fan base.


    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

    Kruger wasn't a complete player. Yea, he had some sacks but they ran on him. I posted a vid with the Skins back running
    straight by him and he makes a dive for him and whiff - nutten. They run down inside the 20 and then scored a TD.
    Kruger could have forced them to settle for a FG. He was run on a lot. Not sure if he's worth a $9M he's asking for.

    Back to KO, NFL draft blitz rated him 3rd best OG. DeCastro was
    rated #1 and went to PIss but was injured early and only played 4 games while KO never got hurt and played every game
    at two positions. Ozzie got the best of that one as KO clearly had the best season and Oz got him in 2d round while Piss
    used a 1st rounder on DeCastro and got nothing from him.

    KO is 6'6 and 333 lbs. WOW.


    KO is clearly the top OG in that draft.




  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,172
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    My problem with Upshaw is that he isnt very explosive. He is strong as hell and is a good edge setter, but I see a guy who might get 5 or 6 sacks a year. That isnt a terrible thing, but it is going to be hard to replace Kruger's production as a pass rusher.

    The Ravens need that quick twitch edge pass rusher.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Take it easy there Wicked. Many were calling Kruger a BUST in his rookie season. It took him 3 years to become the solid LB he is now. Upshaw just finished his rookie season, a pretty good one IMO, and I believe he will improve with coaching and getting into top physical football shape. I believe in a year or two, there will be GMs kicking themselves for not drafting him in the 1st round. Ozzie got him in the 2nd... Bc




  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

    Hell, it took them 3 years to figure out what to do with Kruger they messed with him so much and he still has that
    downside I mentioned.

    Pagano was the one who figured it out and coached him up. Kruger was really considered a project in the 2d round
    because he missed so much time in college after getting stabbed. That was my problem, taking a project so high.




  6. #51

    Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    My problem with Upshaw is that he isnt very explosive. He is strong as hell and is a good edge setter, but I see a guy who might get 5 or 6 sacks a year. That isnt a terrible thing, but it is going to be hard to replace Kruger's production as a pass rusher.

    The Ravens need that quick twitch edge pass rusher.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Yes, but remember how long it took Kruger to get to that point. Upshaw might get there, and faster. I'd love to keep Kruger if possible, but that may not happen. I'd feel worse if Upshaw wasn't there.




  7. #52

    Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Yes, but remember how long it took Kruger to get to that point. Upshaw might get there, and faster. I'd love to keep Kruger if possible, but that may not happen. I'd feel worse if Upshaw wasn't there.
    The reason people called Kruger a bust was that they wanted him to bulk up in 1 year 20lbs and change position to a 3/4 DE in his rookie season. No one can do that, McCrary said it was too much to ask because of the added weight (getting used to it takes a year) and a position change on top on it. If they just let him bulk up some and play hybrid 4/3 OLB DE we would have gotten better use for him. They wasted almost 2 years of his development and McCrary said it was a really tough challenge.

    They also made a mistake in trying to make Oneil Cousins a T, instead of a G. His feet were to slow to play T and frame and road grader style made him a G prospect instead of T prospect.




  8. #53
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

    i wanna see a healthy mcadoo (sp)




  9. #54
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

    http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...hi-osemele-72/

    Negatives:

    Raw technician for 31⁄2-year starter — too often opens the gate and does not use his hands. Average recovery quickness — eyes, awareness and positional blocking instincts are lacking and have plateaued. Late to see and react to inside counters and does not anticipate stunts. Misses assignments. Tends to play too upright, negating his anchor strength. Catches too much. Marginal functional strength — does not play big. Struggled with the power of Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2011 first-rounder Adrian Clayborn. Weight has had a tendency to balloon and will need to be managed. Has a soft playing temperament and lacks mental toughness. Average football intelligence. Lazy worker — needs to be challenged. Difficult to manage. Average work habits. Immature.


    Summary:

    A soft-tempered, prototypical-sized classic underachiever with the physical tools to get by as a starting left or right tackle in the pros, but might be best protected with help on each side of him and better suited starting on the right side than left. Might never have enough grit, toughness or desire to become a consistent pro and compares very favorably to Atlanta Falcons 2005 fifth-round pick Frank Omiyale, who has played for three teams in seven NFL seasons. Could be way overdrafted and break a team’s heart if not paired with a patient OL coach who’s capable of teaching visually and repeatedly drilling nuances.

    now we know this was not true because Oz doesn't draft guys like this. glad the ravens do their HW and not listen to the talking heads




  10. #55

    Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...hi-osemele-72/



    now we know this was not true because Oz doesn't draft guys like this. glad the ravens do their HW and not listen to the talking heads
    opinions are like you know what, including mine.




  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/pro...hi-osemele-72/



    now we know this was not true because Oz doesn't draft guys like this. glad the ravens do their HW and not listen to the talking heads
    I remember seeing that when we drafted him, but I find pro football weekly to be one of the worst analyst website for the draft, they have a good database, but they project so many incorrect rounds, and just chat shit about prospects that's not even true half the time.

    KO was probably the hardest working drafted player this year, he came to camp in amazing shape for a guy that size, and stayed healthy pretty much all season (apart from a small setback in camp), and everything I've heard from him in interviews tells me he's blue collared dude from Iowa just like Yanda (even though he's from Houston originally lol).




  12. #57
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I remember seeing that when we drafted him, but I find pro football weekly to be one of the worst analyst website for the draft, they have a good database, but they project so many incorrect rounds, and just chat shit about prospects that's not even true half the time.

    KO was probably the hardest working drafted player this year, he came to camp in amazing shape for a guy that size, and stayed healthy pretty much all season (apart from a small setback in camp), and everything I've heard from him in interviews tells me he's blue collared dude from Iowa just like Yanda (even though he's from Houston originally lol).
    remember how bad that injury looked in houston? he came out of the game but then was fine for the rest of the season. i dont think we win the super bowl if jah reid/bobby williams played at left guard


    linky: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,4022058.story

    edit: he actually came back in the second half, warrior!!!




  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    remember how bad that injury looked in houston? he came out of the game but then was fine for the rest of the season. i dont think we win the super bowl if jah reid/bobby williams played at left guard


    linky: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,4022058.story
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. He has a lot of Zeus in him, he's got an aggressive nasty streak, the type of lineman who growls when he blocks, that's what I like.




  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

    Speaking of Zeus and his nasty streak, remember the penalty he got during the PO game in 03 vs TEnn. He got into a fight
    and it took us out of field goal range. The entire town blamed the loss on him.

    I met him at the Nests bull roast after that and said Zeuss, you didn't lose that game for us. We lost because Tenn ran
    on and under sized line. WE had lost Goose and Adams. He started crying and turned to his pal Benny and said, he is the only guy in this town who believes that as Zeuss gave me a big hug.

    I said the same thing to the Ravens scout, Marciniak-sp when he was at the Barn with PHil Savage. PHil had all his
    scouts with him when Nasty had him on. Marciniak just looked at me and said you're right and gave me his card. He said call me at the office sometime. I'd like to talk to you.

    I still have the card but never called him.




  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Speaking of Zeus and his nasty streak, remember the penalty he got during the PO game in 03 vs TEnn. He got into a fight
    and it took us out of field goal range. The entire town blamed the loss on him.

    I met him at the Nests bull roast after that and said Zeuss, you didn't lose that game for us. We lost because Tenn ran
    on and under sized line. WE had lost Goose and Adams. He started crying and turned to his pal Benny and said, he is the only guy in this town who believes that as Zeuss gave me a big hug.

    I said the same thing to the Ravens scout, Marciniak-sp when he was at the Barn with PHil Savage. PHil had all his
    scouts with him when Nasty had him on. Marciniak just looked at me and said you're right and gave me his card. He said call me at the office sometime. I'd like to talk to you.

    I still have the card but never called him.
    I always love your stories man, and that's a good one! Thanks.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland