Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

He got a sack in his first game as a rookie in Philly filling in for Suggs.

He got a big fumble in the SB tonight.

Nothing but upside with Upshaw. What a great career winning the National Championship
    at Alabama and the SB with the Ravens.

What a great draft.

Future All Pro Upshaw
    Future All Pro KO
    Pierce
    Gino who will take over for Birk next year

And the dark horse - Streeter.

IN OZ WE TRUST

Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

And Jimmy Smith came up huge. He was being doubted as a bust but was integral to that goal line stand.

I'd like to also thank the Houston Texans' GM Rick Smith. Great job with the farm team. Can't wait to see who we call up to the majors - Glover Quin?

Blog Entries

LOL - I was thinking about Houston when Jacoby scored those 2 TDs. Falls down catching the ball and gets back up
    and scores. Houston cut him because he dropped balls.

Guess they didn't know he could return kickoffs. ILMAO

I think it's a testament to our good coaching. You see all these guys like Bart Scott and Jarrett Johnson do so well here, and then revert to mediocrity outside. Likewise, we take average guys from other teams (Jacoby, Pollard, Corey Graham) and make them play great.

Blog Entries

Upshaw played well tonight and was a much bigger factor than i thought he was going to be. he and Suggs bit hard a few times not setting the edge properly, but thatll happen against the pistol/kaepernick. Futures bright with the kid, hopefully he takes this offseason and improves dramatically in his weaknesses like Torrey did with his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I think it's a testament to our good coaching. You see all these guys like Bart Scott and Jarrett Johnson do so well here, and then revert to mediocrity outside. Likewise, we take average guys from other teams (Jacoby, Pollard, Corey Graham) and make them play great.
    I think your point is valid but your examples are arguably two of the guys that have succeeded the most outside of the Ravens.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

I think your point is valid but your examples are arguably two of the guys that have succeeded the most outside of the Ravens.
    Really? I confess I didn't watch many of their games but I was under the impression JJ and Scott were nothing special post-Ravens. I'll stand corrected.

Blog Entries

Really? I confess I didn't watch many of their games but I was under the impression JJ and Scott were nothing special post-Ravens. I'll stand corrected.
    well, Scott had a few good years there, I think now hes struggling but due to age and decline more so than not being anything but a system player. JJ was never a great all around player here, but the games I saw he still set the edge well and the chargers did have the 6th best rush defense this year with him, which is what he excelled at. just a difference of opinion maybe.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

You're right. JJ didn't do much at all. Upshaw the rookie had the same number of sacks at 1.5. Ray had more tackles in the
    playoffs than JJ had the entire season.

9. Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    LOL - I was thinking about Houston when Jacoby scored those 2 TDs. Falls down catching the ball and gets back up
    and scores. Houston cut him because he dropped balls.

Guess they didn't know he could return kickoffs. ILMAO
    To be fair, he did drop a kickoff yesterday. But his value has far outweighed his faults this year.

Blog Entries

I hope we can keep him.

Sorry, I forgot to mention Tucker and he was an un-drafted rookie to boot like Priest Holmes and the other
    greats Ozzie signed.

He makes this rookie class even stronger, maybe the best and they will keep us winning for years to come
    even when we lose guys like Kruger to FA. Upshaw will step up in his place next year.

KO is better than Grubbs already IMHO.

If we keep him at guard, he is going to have an amazing career.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

KO is better than Grubbs already IMHO.

If we keep him at guard, he is going to have an amazing career.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.