Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Don't forget Upshaw - what a draft

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Youre not comparing him to what he did when he was here, which was the point. I dont see how comparing him to a completely different position like MLB diminishes his ability either. Aldon smith only had 50 tackles on the season to rays 51 in the playoffs as well, i guess hes a bad OLB too? Patrick Willis only had .5 of a sack so i guess JJ is a better player than him? context is everything when comparing players.

He didn't do anything vs us.

I'm just saying as others, he went the same as so many others that left the system. Not so hot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I dont see Pro bowls or ALL PRO, but a solid player like JJ was. He isnt an elite athelete or faster enough first step, he will be a solid fixture for sure on the team and an increasing contributor.

But not this year, not with just 1.5 sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    LOL - I was thinking about Houston when Jacoby scored those 2 TDs. Falls down catching the ball and gets back up
    and scores. Houston cut him because he dropped balls.

Guess they didn't know he could return kickoffs. ILMAO
    I saw on a Texans board that they mostly are happy that their former Texans got rings. THe funniest line I saw was something like: " Baltimore gets the most out of Jacoby because they have a QB that makes passes look like punts and those are the only things he can catch."

I gotta say after ours, the Texans are quickly becoming my second favorite fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    I saw on a Texans board that they mostly are happy that their former Texans got rings. THe funniest line I saw was something like: " Baltimore gets the most out of Jacoby because they have a QB that makes passes look like punts and those are the only things he can catch."

I gotta say after ours, the Texans are quickly becoming my second favorite fan base.
    That's actually pretty hilarious.

It was a great draft so far, KO is ALL PRO material at G, and Peirce is a very good back (better than Rice IMO). Wait and see on the backside of the draft as they develop. Tyson was good value as a wave player as a 7th rounder, IMO.

Blog Entries

Texans seem pretty fair. That line is basically dead accurate. He catches them just like a punt.
    -JAB

The Ravens need to keep Ted Monachino on staff to make sure Upshaw develops. That guy did wonders for Suggs.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

I love JOe's punts-lol. They work for us. We're the champs and beat Houston twice last year and won the SB
    after they killed us this year while they watched their guys win it for us.

ILMAO

Leach made a couple of big catches when they shut down Rice. They just can't shut down everyone not to
    mention his usual blowing people away blocking.

Blog Entries

Fun fact of the day: Courtney Upshaw won a BCS title & Super Bowl back to back in the same stadium.

Awesome fun fact!!! WOW, gotta love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Fun fact of the day: Courtney Upshaw won a BCS title & Super Bowl back to back in the same stadium.
    Crazy. That'll never happen again.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Yea, I bet Hightower is pissed now that Bellicheat snuck in front of Ozzie to get him or he would have the back to back
    titles. He had a better rookie year with a few more sacks and tackles but he played more, I think.

Does anyone still want Hightower? A lot of us were upset. I was devastated. A lot of people said after that draft that Upshaw was better and the brains of that defense. He was projected higher but dropped on the boards.