Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some thoughts before I crash and burn for the night...

1. What an incredible showing by Ravens fans. That stadium was so dominantly purple it was unreal. Seemed like a home game almost. Kudos to all that traveled down there.

2. The Niners are some sore losers. First, you were NOT the better team. You were a freak blackout away from being obliterated in front of millions. And stop whining about the non-call on 4th and goal. First, Smith was legally blocking Crabtree within the five yards. After that, Crabtree was pushing and grabbing just as much as Smith. Oh, did I mention the ball was five yards out of bounds and uncatchable? Good job on the non-call refs.

3. Joe Flacco is a god. Seriously. Maybe the greatest post season in NFL history. No QB made bigger, more clutch throws throughout these playoffs. And he tied Joe Montana for most TD's in a postseason, and no interceptions. He's also a Super Bowl MVP, and quite possibly the best QB in the NFL right now. Yeah, I said that. He's making throws that few QB's could ever make, and he has absolute ice water in his veins. We can surely rest the "elite" debate at this point if nothing else. Somewhere, Skip Bayliss's head just exploded.

4. Ray Lewis gets to have his storybook ending. This is one of the greatest stories in all of sports. The up and down season, the obstacles to overcome, and injuries to deal with. I don't know if we will ever see anything like this again in our lifetimes. As Ravens fans, we've been so spoiled, and not that I am religious at all, but blessed.

5. I'm so happy for the vets like Reed, Suggs, Boldin, Ngata and all those guys that felt the disappointments over the years of so many playoff appearances without titles.

6. John Harbaugh can coach his ass off. I loved the fake field goal, shit, I thought he might score. Either way, they got the ball right back and struck for the commanding lead. At that point, I started to smell victory.

7. That power outage should be investigated. I smell foul play. It's not a coincidence this shit happened at Candlestick last year. Either way, the incident totally shifted the momentum, as the Niners totally regained momentum and the Ravens fell back on their heels. Kudos to Joe, for taking the team on his back and putting together two great drives that probably should have both resulted in TD's, but did pad the lead just enough.

8. As much as I scream at Jacoby Jones when he runs a ball out from the back of the endzone, I will never question it again. I'll similarly never question Flacco throwing on third and short again. Talk about clutch.

9. The Pistol didn't do much to hurt us. What did in the end, was our inability to cover after the blackout. Lots of miscomunications and some good play by Kap throwing the ball. The kid is gonna be great, it's just not his time yet. He began the game shaky, and by halftime, and the blackout, he looked shellshocked.

10. This was the first, but probably not the last Super Harbowl. The Niners are a great young team, and should be for years. The Ravens also have a great nucleus that is still young, and they are surely the favorites to win the AFCN again and go deep in the playoffs. With Flacco coming of age, I can see these guys contending for many years to come as well.

Re: Some thoughts before I crash and burn for the night...

Great stuff. Agreed on everything. Though I'd say when Haloti went out it made the pistol much more effective for them.

Blog Entries

Agreed except the night part. It's almost time to get up for work-lol.

Pleasant dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    1. What an incredible showing by Ravens fans. That stadium was so dominantly purple it was unreal. Seemed like a home game almost. Kudos to all that traveled down there.

2. The Niners are some sore losers. First, you were NOT the better team. You were a freak blackout away from being obliterated in front of millions. And stop whining about the non-call on 4th and goal. First, Smith was legally blocking Crabtree within the five yards. After that, Crabtree was pushing and grabbing just as much as Smith. Oh, did I mention the ball was five yards out of bounds and uncatchable? Good job on the non-call refs.

3. Joe Flacco is a god. Seriously. Maybe the greatest post season in NFL history. No QB made bigger, more clutch throws throughout these playoffs. And he tied Joe Montana for most TD's in a postseason, and no interceptions. He's also a Super Bowl MVP, and quite possibly the best QB in the NFL right now. Yeah, I said that. He's making throws that few QB's could ever make, and he has absolute ice water in his veins. We can surely rest the "elite" debate at this point if nothing else. Somewhere, Skip Bayliss's head just exploded.

4. Ray Lewis gets to have his storybook ending. This is one of the greatest stories in all of sports. The up and down season, the obstacles to overcome, and injuries to deal with. I don't know if we will ever see anything like this again in our lifetimes. As Ravens fans, we've been so spoiled, and not that I am religious at all, but blessed.

5. I'm so happy for the vets like Reed, Suggs, Boldin, Ngata and all those guys that felt the disappointments over the years of so many playoff appearances without titles.

6. John Harbaugh can coach his ass off. I loved the fake field goal, shit, I thought he might score. Either way, they got the ball right back and struck for the commanding lead. At that point, I started to smell victory.

7. That power outage should be investigated. I smell foul play. It's not a coincidence this shit happened at Candlestick last year. Either way, the incident totally shifted the momentum, as the Niners totally regained momentum and the Ravens fell back on their heels. Kudos to Joe, for taking the team on his back and putting together two great drives that probably should have both resulted in TD's, but did pad the lead just enough.

8. As much as I scream at Jacoby Jones when he runs a ball out from the back of the endzone, I will never question it again. I'll similarly never question Flacco throwing on third and short again. Talk about clutch.

9. The Pistol didn't do much to hurt us. What did in the end, was our inability to cover after the blackout. Lots of miscomunications and some good play by Kap throwing the ball. The kid is gonna be great, it's just not his time yet. He began the game shaky, and by halftime, and the blackout, he looked shellshocked.

10. This was the first, but probably not the last Super Harbowl. The Niners are a great young team, and should be for years. The Ravens also have a great nucleus that is still young, and they are surely the favorites to win the AFCN again and go deep in the playoffs. With Flacco coming of age, I can see these guys contending for many years to come as well.
    Great post AR
    #1 it was packed with Ravens and you could hear them very clearly until the black out
    #2 DEAD ON
    My god it's so funny to hear, somebody else bitching about non calls. Listening to CBS radio late night People in San Fran are flipping out over the non call on Crabtree in the EZ. I thought it was a good no call Smith did grab but Crabtree was pushing Smith down with a hand on his helmet. IF you call that you have to call the one against Torrey Smith early in the game. Ball was un-catchable because Ellerbe timed the blitz perfect CK had to get rid of it. I thought overall the refs were good overall for a change. They let the players play and that's what you want.

#3 Let's hope Bayliss's head does blow up
    #10 Let's hope Flacco is smart and leaves room to keep some other guys... Also I've saw posts about feeling bad for guys like J. Johnson not being here. I realize some of these guys want to get paid, but sometimes wouldn't be better to stay on a good team then go to a crappy team just to get paid. I really hope A Boldin Paul Kruger and Ellerbe will take less to stay. We'll miss Ray but he really was exploited vs the 49er's. Kruger & Ellerbe can be stars here next year. I'll add another point
    #11 I don't don't know what Pollard was doing last night but I'm glad we survived. I really expected him to knock Vernon Davis around a bit but he looked lost. Not sure what's in the draft but we need to get a safety to replace Reed if need be

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post

I just got back about an hour ago from the Super Bowl! It was so exciting having such a large amount of Ravens' fans at the game. It sounded like a home game. A dome stadium makes 30,000 sound like a lot more. It was a good non call as Mike Pereira and Phil Sims both stated. Forty Niners are cry babies! And that light failure was really weird. I was sitting in the upper deck and while the lights were partially on/out, the smoke alarms behind our concourse were sounding off but no one panicked and we just did the wave.

Blog Entries

Here's my straight up, 100% honest evaluations...

1. Tonight was the clear cut sign that it's time for Ray Lewis to go. I appreciate EVERYTHING he's done for this city and team, but he was getting PUNKED on the field. Replays showed several times Frank Gore was cutting around him, or he wasn't fast enough to catch up with receivers...Ray got his 2nd ring, and now he walks off, still having a HOF career. Had he tried to come back for another year, I think it would've been Randy Moss bad...

2. Got to give him credit....Kaepernick is going to be a solid QB in this league. Ngata being out was really the catalyst for their success in the 4th quarter, but it seemed like anytime we had his receivers covered well, he just stepped up in the pocket, found the open lane, and was gone for anywhere from 9-20 yards on a run. And let's be fair too, kids got a GUN for an arm. He was slinging it in there tough. After the Reed pick, he settled down a lot on his throws.

3. The Pistol was what we thought it was. For the most part, we took away the big play, got cut up by a few runs, and they went back to more traditional formations in the end. I'd venture a guess that when they went to traditional offense, that's where they were cutting us up the most.

4. Joe Flacco will never get the praise he deserves in this league. I already threw out the Montana tie on FB, and was met with a label of being a homer (They are looking at Montana's number of rings and play in multiple SBs instead of the stat I pointed out). Something about the way Joe Flacco plays...he's always going to have to deal with the moving goal posts. Everytime they set a goal for him, someone is just going to think he didn't get it done in a pretty enough way, and will set a new goal line for him

5. Feel for Ray Rice...That fumble was a shitty break, and it just furthered that thought that Ray Rice is crap in the playoffs. He's still amazing as a shifty receiver, and I'm thinking of the play where Joe would've been sacked for 7 or 8 yards, but dumps it off to Rice who GAINS 4 yards. That's almost like drawing up a play in the dirt, but they did it in an instant when the play was running.

6. I shut my eyes during Tucker's FGs. But I have total and utter faith in the kid now. He's proved it, time and time again.

7. I'll wait to see if the Coach haters come out in the offseason, but I think you can see last night where John Harbaugh has put his mark on this team. And in comparison to his younger brother, I will FOREVER KNOW that we got the right Harbaugh. He gets animated when he needs to be (the lights situation, which he apologized for later), but generally is calm, collected, and even keeled. The reaction shots of Jim Harbaugh just kept reminding me of the bad lip read "I want it now! I want cake now!!!!"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    I just got back about an hour ago from the Super Bowl! It was so exciting having such a large amount of Ravens' fans at the game. It sounded like a home game. A dome stadium makes 30,000 sound like a lot more. It was a good non call as Mike Pereira and Phil Sims both stated. Forty Niners are cry babies! And that light failure was really weird. I was sitting in the upper deck and while the lights were partially on/out, the smoke alarms behind our concourse were sounding off but no one panicked and we just did the wave.

WOW,

great report. Thanks. Didn't know that about smoke alarms. I would have had closter phobia.

There was purple all over the place especially at the presentation of the trophy. Thousands all down in first rows
    of stadium all around it.

We could hear you loud and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    WOW,

great report. Thanks. Didn't know that about smoke alarms. I would have had closter phobia.

There was purple all over the place especially at the presentation of the trophy. Thousands all down in first rows
    of stadium all around it.

We could hear you loud and clear.
    Forgot this...there were tons of SF fans in our section and when the Forty Niners were mounting their comeback and had the momentum, SF fans were starting to chant our Seven Army Nation hum but were humming Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! So glad the Ravens are Super Bowl CHAMPS!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

1. Tonight was the clear cut sign that it's time for Ray Lewis to go. I appreciate EVERYTHING he's done for this city and team, but he was getting PUNKED on the field. Replays showed several times Frank Gore was cutting around him, or he wasn't fast enough to catch up with receivers...Ray got his 2nd ring, and now he walks off, still having a HOF career. Had he tried to come back for another year, I think it would've been Randy Moss bad...
    Agreed
    5. Feel for Ray Rice...That fumble was a shitty break, and it just furthered that thought that Ray Rice is crap in the playoffs. He's still amazing as a shifty receiver, and I'm thinking of the play where Joe would've been sacked for 7 or 8 yards, but dumps it off to Rice who GAINS 4 yards. That's almost like drawing up a play in the dirt, but they did it in an instant when the play was running.
    I love Ray Rice but he can't do that in the playoffs. Pierce really adds a big spark hat's off to Ozzie

6. I shut my eyes during Tucker's FGs. But I have total and utter faith in the kid now. He's proved it, time and time again.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one, but Tucker got it done all year

7. I'll wait to see if the Coach haters come out in the offseason, but I think you can see last night where John Harbaugh has put his mark on this team. And in comparison to his younger brother, I will FOREVER KNOW that we got the right Harbaugh. He gets animated when he needs to be (the lights situation, which he apologized for later), but generally is calm, collected, and even keeled. The reaction shots of Jim Harbaugh just kept reminding me of the bad lip read "I want it now! I want cake now!!!!"
    I'll admit I wasn't big Harbaugh fan because of not getting over the hump and his doghouse and other stuff. But getting rid of Cam Cameron was a big step and watching all the behind scenes stuff in the playoffs I've changed my mind hopefully he can keep it next year

Blog Entries

I was a Harbaugh basher, I'll take all my lumps. I said he'd never win the big one and he did. I never thought he'd fire Cam, especially in mid season. He's a champion now and deserves all the respect in the world and I will take the flak for doubting him.

2. Got to give him credit....Kaepernick is going to be a solid QB in this league. Ngata being out was really the catalyst for their success in the 4th quarter, but it seemed like anytime we had his receivers covered well, he just stepped up in the pocket, found the open lane, and was gone for anywhere from 9-20 yards on a run. And let's be fair too, kids got a GUN for an arm. He was slinging it in there tough. After the Reed pick, he settled down a lot on his throws.

3. The Pistol was what we thought it was. For the most part, we took away the big play, got cut up by a few runs, and they went back to more traditional formations in the end. I'd venture a guess that when they went to traditional offense, that's where they were cutting us up the most.

4. Joe Flacco will never get the praise he deserves in this league. I already threw out the Montana tie on FB, and was met with a label of being a homer (They are looking at Montana's number of rings and play in multiple SBs instead of the stat I pointed out). Something about the way Joe Flacco plays...he's always going to have to deal with the moving goal posts. Everytime they set a goal for him, someone is just going to think he didn't get it done in a pretty enough way, and will set a new goal line for him

I liked Harbaugh but was admittedly frustrated with his not taking the handcuffs off of Joe.

You are right about Ray. He really was a liability out there. Ngata going down big. The TD run by Kaepernick was to the side where Tyson could not set the edge.

Ray Rice had some moments but he certainly did not earn his paycheck in the playoffs. This offense and team runs through Joe and it took getting rid of Cam for that to happen.

Like Ed and Coach said, it couldn't have been written either way.

We defeated every type of enemy. The new era of the Colts came into our house, we beat them. We beat the "#1 Team" in double overtime in their house. We avenged last year's loss. Then, we deal with outside forces taking away our momentum and totally killing our gameplan. But we still win.

Maybe the 49ers were the more talented team. I don't care. We were resilient. But the game wasn't as close as the final score - if we take that 4th&9 FG, we're up 3 more. And if Chykie doesn't STUMBLE into the kicker by accident, they're down three more.