Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flacco late hit? NO CALL- For Niner whiners.

Joe hit 6 yards out of bounds and no flag seconds after he released the ball doesnt get a flag? It would of been first and goal at the one yard line. Likely not leading to a FG, but TD and made game a two score game again. Horrible call.

Re: Flacco late hit? NO CALL- For Niner whiners.

The refs swallowed their whistles most of the game and let the players play. There were plenty of calls on both sides that could've been called. I thought the running into the kicker call was BS. Akers clearly flopped, IMO. Bottom line, we made more plays then they did.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Let me just say this; for ALL the times we've lost; and for everyone saying we've been sore losers etc - maybe the shoe is now on the other foot, no?

:p
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

The late hit on Flacco should have been called, that was pretty damn blatant. There was also a blatant non PI/holding call on Torrey earlier that should have been called. The 4th and goal though, that pass had no chance of being caught, and Crabtree was just as guilty as continuing that engagement past five yards, it was a very good non-call.

All in all, I thought the game was decently called other than the missed late hit on Flacco. Boger has a reputation of letting players play, and that is how it should be. Giving the Niners a new set of downs on a bad play would have been a travesty.

Bottom line is, the Ravens were the better team, and proved it. Had it not been for the blackout, I think the Ravens might have put up 40+ on them. That really changed the momentum.

Either way, though this was the first Super Harbowl, I don't think it'll be the last. Both teams are going to contend for years to come.

Another thing the NFL Network guys said.. if Joe was Brady or Manning he gets that call. Also said Atkers acted beautifully when he fell after he missed the field goal to get that call. Refreshing to have them back us up.
    Last edited by scbgirlxo; 02-04-2013 at 04:41 AM.

Blog Entries

I really feel the game was called pretty evenly. it wasnt a well called game by rules standards but i dont think the calls favored one team or the other too heavily, which is all you can ask for. they let them play and we won, period.

Seems thats not the general opinion though. a lot of hate against the Ravens for that last play, while they completely ignore the fact that they let them get away with that style of play all game.
    -JAB

I saw lots and lots of holding going on by the 49ers throughout the game, which was never called. And I don't really have too much of a problem with that, as long as the refs are consistent and let both teams play, which is what they did.

Considering some of the abysmal officiating we've seen this year, I don't think this game was poorly called at all, and it's nice to not have a game being stopped every 2 minutes for some ticky-tack penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Joe hit 6 yards out of bounds and no flag seconds after he released the ball doesnt get a flag? It would of been first and goal at the one yard line. Likely not leading to a FG, but TD and made game a two score game again. Horrible call.
    Or the no call when Joe threw a pass and the lineman clearly hit him on his head.

Blog Entries

Keep dreaming Frank

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    The late hit on Flacco should have been called, that was pretty damn blatant. There was also a blatant non PI/holding call on Torrey earlier that should have been called. The 4th and goal though, that pass had no chance of being caught, and Crabtree was just as guilty as continuing that engagement past five yards, it was a very good non-call.

All in all, I thought the game was decently called other than the missed late hit on Flacco. Boger has a reputation of letting players play, and that is how it should be. Giving the Niners a new set of downs on a bad play would have been a travesty.

Bottom line is, the Ravens were the better team, and proved it. Had it not been for the blackout, I think the Ravens might have put up 40+ on them. That really changed the momentum.

Either way, though this was the first Super Harbowl, I don't think it'll be the last. Both teams are going to contend for years to come.
    I agree that was a really bad no-call.

If they were going to call Chykie Brown for running into the kicker, they should have called Flacco getting decked as he was already out of bounds.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Or the no call when Joe threw a pass and the lineman clearly hit him on his head.
    Saw that also. Wonder why they don't show those replays after it happens. The akers flop was only shown once with a bad angle. Doesn't matter about akers, he'll have to fight to be on that team next year.

Blog Entries
    Ross Tucker on SiriusXM NFL radio called this the biggest officiating blunder of the game.