Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

LOL - Anyone still want Garrett as coach???

Man, what an ass hole.

He was the hottest commodity out there at the time. Everyone wanted him but e turned down the Ravens job and used them to get more money in Dallas as a coordinator. He turned down Atlanta too which came within a whisker of the SB.

He was the heir to Wade Phillips and wanted his job but Phillips got into the POs so he had
    to wait a few more years.

Meanwhile HARBs gets the Ravens job and goes to the POs every year with all the talent Ozzie
    gave him and finally wins it all this year. Plus he beat Garrett every time he faced him out-coaching
    him winning down there on two historic runs and he beats them up here this year.
    Garrett just missed his third straight PO and almost got fired. There was even a wild rumor
    that Gruden was getting his job.

He's still but will probably go next year if he misses. He's on thin ice while HARBs is the SB champ.

What an ass hole that Garrett. I still remember that snotty little look on his face the day he
    left the castle.

Re: LOL - Anyone still want Garrett as coach???

Between him and Bobby Valentine. Whew, talk about dodging some bullets.

Blog Entries

And here's some irony.

Jim Caldwell was on Ozzie's short list but HARBs beat him out.

Now he's the o-coord and saves the season and takes us to the SB trophy using CAMs
    system but adding new wrinkles to it.

Chicago and other teams made a big mistake passing on Caldwell at the end of the season
    but he should get another chance at a HC job next year after calling these plays tonight.

I never wanted him in the 1st place. Always thought he was just the flavor of the month. I wanted Billick retained, but once that ship sailed, I wanted Harbaugh.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Man, the entire defense revolted against Billick. Bisciotti had to do something. Then there was that Miami loss
    when he was the only coach that couldn't beat CAM. They hated CAM more than we did.

He had to go at that time and HARBS came in and cleaned house. The first thing he did was rip out all the lockers
    and mixed the defensive players in with the offensive players' lockers. There was division with the defensive guys
    pointing fingers at the offensive guys. Ray was pissed because we missed all those SBs with that great defense
    but no QB all those years.

HARBs fixed all that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Man, the entire defense revolted against Billick. Bisciotti had to do something. Then there was that Miami loss
    when he was the only coach that couldn't beat CAM. They hated CAM more than we did.

He had to go at that time and HARBS came in and cleaned house. The first thing he did was rip out all the lockers
    and mixed the defensive players in with the offensive players' lockers. There was division with the defensive guys
    pointing fingers at the offensive guys. Ray was pissed because we missed all those SBs with that great defense
    but no QB all those years.

HARBs fixed all that.
    Yep harbs constantly preaches TEAM. I think the team mentality really stuck with the players and they all bought into harbaughs philosophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish Garrett was our head coach and that Cam was still our OC. I want Mattison back too.

;)
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    And here's some irony.

Jim Caldwell was on Ozzie's short list but HARBs beat him out.
    I think this is an exaggertion. Yes, Caldwell was interviewed, but at that point is was already a given that he would take over the Colts from Dungy which at the time looked like a better opportunity.

I think Ozzie just did an Al Davis impersonation and tried learning all he could about offense from a coaching standpoint.

He could not possibly have known at the time that Manning would get injured, the Colts tank a season, Caldwell getting fired and then, well, the rest is as they say history.

Blog Entries

He was on Ozzie's list. That's a fact, not an exaggeration. Don't know how high up on the list.

Ozzie really liked his old boss Marty Ball but Bisciotti didn't want him. Marty's son Brian was also
    on the list and so was Denver's coach, not Fox but the guy before him. Can't remember his name
    but he drafted Tebow and is no longer there-lol.

I'm just saying it's ironic he was on the list and had a shot til HARBs interviewed HARBS.

Blog Entries

Caldwell pulled himself out. The Colts knew Dungy was going to retire the following year and promised him the job since a bunch of teams were interviewing him.

Blog Entries

OK, Thanks. Didn't know that.

Marty pulled himself off the list when he heard his son Brian was on it. He didn't want to stand in his
    way but Bisciotti thought he was too old and he wanted a multi year contract, not a short term as
    media forecasted.

Biscuit wanted a young poster guy like most teams are doing, same in college ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    Between him and Bobby Valentine. Whew, talk about dodging some bullets.
    +1