Let's give a shout out to Coach

For the first time this year, I started to question how good John Harbaugh was (like many of us did during that end of the season slump). He hasn't always been the best with timeouts/challenges, but I saw two BRILLIANT moments of gamesmanship that may have been the difference between hoisting the Lombardi or not.

1) Divisional Game vs. DEN

At the end of the 1st OT we get into field goal range and we wisely let time expire so that we can switch ends and kick with the wind - that was step 1. Next, we trot Justin Tucker between quarters in a "is he allowed to be on the field?" moment. The practice shot proved to be effective as Justin Tucker nails the kick and sends us to the AFCCG.

2) Super Bowl vs. SF

With only 12 seconds to go we not only intelligently take a safety, but word goes in to hold the ever-loving-ish out of every 49er. Why? Because an offensive penalty in the endzone results in a safety - so who cares? Meanwhile Sam Koch was back there so long he could have done one of Jacoby's dances. When was the last time you saw a punter have 8 seconds back there?

Two savvy, out of the box moves that pushed us over the top when the game was on the line.

Blog Entries

Re: Let's give a shout out to Coach

The decision to take the safety was inspired--but the execution of the play was brilliant!

Blog Entries

Looking at Jim do his cheerleading, throwing things, blaming penalties, I am so glad we have John. Never again will I think Jim is the better coach. I know he's younger but he seems immature while John is all business. Great post season coaching

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He's dona an awesome job for 5 years now. His decisions in the post season have been brilliant. I'm so gald we the John and not the Jim.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

I'm betting that Jim Karbaugh has some sort of blooper film done on him The guy is a wack job(also whiner). Bet his mom was emarassed last night. John on the other hand has evolved and is a role model for future coaches. Team appearance, handling interviews, and over all attitude has made the Ravens first class this year.

6. Re: Let's give a shout out to Coach

Without Cam to lean on/hold him back, John has grown as a coach with smart in-game decisions this post season.

Between John and Jim, John is the more playoff seasoned coach.
    So, John is the better coach.

Take away that suspicious blackout and the game is a runaway blowout win for us.
    After the Jacoby runback TD, the 49ers were ready to quit, you could see it on their faces.

We definitely got the better Harbaugh. I like Jim, but his tightness and instability trickle on down to his team.

The first time I've really thought this is the guy to take us places. He finally grew a set this year, dumping Cam, fake fg, taking a safety.

He's normally so so conservative.

Glad to be wrong last night

I don't pretend to know anything about the Harbaugh brothers' relationship....but I am making these speculations. Probably all of his life, John has been Jim's brother. "Oh, you're the brother of the Bears' #1 draft pick"......"Oh, you're the brother of Captain Comeback on the Colts." John never played in the NFL....looks like he slugged his way through the college ranks as an asst coach before latching on with the Eagles. I am guessing his whole life as been "Jim did this or Jim did that" on and on and on. I can only imagine how sweet it was for him to win the biggest sporting event out there vs. his brother, although he would never say so. Way to go John!!

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Take away that suspicious blackout and the game is a runaway blowout win for us.
    After the Jacoby runback TD, the 49ers were ready to quit, you could see it on their faces.
    Yes, I thought it was over too.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

I'd rather have John over Jim too, but let's not forget that Jim took his 2011 49ers to the NFCCG and his 2012 team to the Super Bowl. Not bad for his first two years as a HC... Bc