Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: I know the NFL is a business, but We have to find a way to Keep Anquan, and Jacoby

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Jacoby is a little shaky on catching the ball on returns.

But he does have big play talent, and he's come up huge at times throughout the season: Cowboys, Broncos (playoffs) and of course the Super Bowl.
    He also caught what should've been the game winner against the Eagles.

He and Corey Graham were the 2 biggest free agent acquisitions this season.
    Justin Tucker says hello :D

Blog Entries

Re: I know the NFL is a business, but We have to find a way to Keep Anquan, and Jacoby

It'd be crazy if we re-signed Kruger instead of Ellerbe, wouldn't it?

Kruger's been great but we gotta let him go with the money he's looking for. We've got Upshaw who made a big play today at the same position.

I think we definitely let Kruger go, but we better find some kind of pass rush help after we do, or we will be in trouble on defense next year. He had a ton of crucial and timely pressures and sacks this year. Other than QB, pass rushers are the most important piece of a good team, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    It'd be crazy if we re-signed Kruger instead of Ellerbe, wouldn't it?
    Yes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I think we definitely let Kruger go, but we better find some kind of pass rush help after we do, or we will be in trouble on defense next year. He had a ton of crucial and timely pressures and sacks this year. Other than QB, pass rushers are the most important piece of a good team, imo.
    I agree, which is why I'm thinking our offseason priority might be (1) Flacco, (2) Kruger. After that, probbably Reed if for no other reason than Ray will be gone. But I see those being higher priorites than Ellerbee, even though I certinaly respect him and hs game and what he brings. I just think all things considreed, when you think about bang for the buck, and what' we're up against with the cap, prioritizing Flacco, Kruger, Reed, might make some sense. I think we can swing that depending on whether we can restructure some deals and assuming some guys like Birk and Williams are cut/retire.

7. Re: I know the NFL is a business, but We have to find a way to Keep Anquan, and Jacoby

It's a tough one between Ellerbe and Kruger. I've been saying Kruger but I think because Ellerbe will be cheaper as an ILB and the fact that we have no one else at ILB and Courtney Upshaw/Albert McClellan/Adrian Hamilton/Michael McAdoo are there for relief, we'll probably let him go. I'd hate it cause he's just entering his prime, but Upshaw could be on that level in 2-3 seasons. We'd probably take a pass rusher in the draft at some point for insurance too. I think we need to really rebuild the DL. Art Jones, to me, after this game, is a starter for us. However, we need to get a truly powerful NT that can push the pocket and another ILB to pair with Ellerbe.

We HAVE to keep both Boldin and Jones, they both just ball out. I'd love to see Torrey take that next step as a WR and I personally believe that Tandon Doss will be ready next season to really solidify some type of role in the offense. There's also a lot of young WR talent, but with that said, Boldin can still 'out-physical' anybody and Jones is way too electric for this team. I agree with extending both. I'd also sign McKinnie back to a 1 year deal and draft a tackle relatively early. Get ready for an extremely electric offense in 2013.

Blog Entries

Its gonna be tough, but if anybody can do it, Ozzie can!

I like all our guys. It's gonna suck to let anyone go really. But like I said, I definitely wonder if we don't value the rush OLB ability of Kruger over Ellerbe.

Then again, that pressure up the middle is awfully valubale too, and Ellerbee is in the top ecehelons as far as that goes. Maybe we just can't have everything next year, and this was the peak, who knows. Best of luck to all our Ravens next year -- I wish we could keep all of ya, but looking at the chart Id say we can't.. It's sad but that's how the NFL wants it so for now, thank you all!!! I hope we can bring you all back but if we can't, know this: We will always remember all of you, and you will always be remembered kindly among us!!!!!!!!!!!!

With much love, and much :respect

This is really simple. Flacco, long term, back ended, for when the cap expands big time. Franchise either Ellerbe or Kruger, probably Ellerbe, since Kruger is the position that could be more easily replace(+Upshaw is waiting in the wings).

Extend Jones and Boldin, and you're set.

I hated the Jacoby signing, realy hated it

Expensive and never much of a succuss opposite Andre Johnson.
    A hate figure on the Texans message boards, they wanted him run out of town

Fetch me that crow