Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,127
    Blog Entries
    3

    The Best Part: ...this is just the beginning



    I really do feel that with a good draft and continuing to build around Flacco and Rice, they can repeat. Maybe even go on a streak and win a few more.

    The past month, we saw how good Flacco can be. On the biggest stage(s) against the toughest defenses, he delivered time and time again.

    We all used to talk about Brady keeping the Patriots as contenders...same with Ben, Peyton, Brees, and Rogers...

    Well, I feel confident moving forward that Flacco will keep the Ravens in contention every season.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #2

    Re: The Best Part: ...this is just the beginning

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I really do feel that with a good draft and continuing to build around Flacco and Rice, they can repeat. Maybe even go on a streak and win a few more.

    The past month, we saw how good Flacco can be. On the biggest stage(s) against the toughest defenses, he delivered time and time again.

    We all used to talk about Brady keeping the Patriots as contenders...same with Ben, Peyton, Brees, and Rogers...

    Well, I feel confident moving forward that Flacco will keep the Ravens in contention every season.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Flacco, Rice, Pierce, and don't forget Rainey. They are going to have to make some serious choices -- Reed, Kruger, etc. -- but I agree that the future is definitely on track for the Ravens if they play their cards correctly.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,906
    Yes, yes, and yes.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,127
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Flacco, Rice, Pierce, and don't forget Rainey. They are having to make some serious choices -- Reed, Kruger, etc. -- but I agree that the future is definitely on track for the Ravens if they play their cards correctly.
    We've got a lot of nice talent with some upside.

    Still, there are going to be a lot of integral decisions to be made in the next 6 weeks.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,149
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Best Part: ...this is just the beginning

    With Joe, we are going to have a shot.




  6. #6

    Re: The Best Part: ...this is just the beginning

    I agree. Need to find a replacement for Cody




  7. #7

    Re: The Best Part: ...this is just the beginning

    We can focus mostly on defense in this draft.

    Get faster at inside linebacker, maybe draft a rusher to replace Kruger if he leaves, look at something for the safety spot.

    Really promising prospects showed up at the game today in Art Jones and Jimmy Smith.




  8. #8

    Re: The Best Part: ...this is just the beginning

    Repeat?! It's a lock, baby! Whose gonna beat the Ravens in an outdoor stadium!




  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Flacco, Rice, Pierce, and don't forget Rainey. They are going to have to make some serious choices -- Reed, Kruger, etc. -- but I agree that the future is definitely on track for the Ravens if they play their cards correctly.
    Ahem... pitta.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,127
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    We can focus mostly on defense in this draft.

    Get faster at inside linebacker, maybe draft a rusher to replace Kruger if he leaves, look at something for the safety spot.

    Really promising prospects showed up at the game today in Art Jones and Jimmy Smith.
    I agree, but I think it would be foolish to not continue to try and give Flacco better protection and better weapons.

    McKinnie may not be back next year.
    Boldin may be a cap casualty.
    Jacoby may be a cap casualty.
    Oher could stand to be upgraded.
    What's up with Doss, Thompson, Streeter, LaQuan?

    Still a lot of questions.

    Point is, the biggest mistake that a lot of teams do is once they get a franchise QB, they think that they dont have to build around them anymore because they'll still make plays.

    Ozzie and Company cannot do that.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,127
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Best Part: ...this is just the beginning

    The more I think about it, the more I am annoyed that they didn't can Cam earlier than what they did.

    Could you imagine the numbers Flacco, Boldin, and Torrey would have put up had Caldwell been calling the game from jump? Man...4,000 yards plus easily.

    I also think that the Ravens would have won at least 2 or 3 more games last year.

    Oh well, what's done is done and the Ravens ran the improbable table and won it all. I'm stoked.

    I can't wait for next season now.

    ON TO THE DRAFT.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  12. #12

    Re: The Best Part: ...this is just the beginning

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I am annoyed that they didn't can Cam earlier than what they did.

    Could you imagine the numbers Flacco, Boldin, and Torrey would have put up had Caldwell been calling the game from jump? Man...4,000 yards plus easily.

    I also think that the Ravens would have won at least 2 or 3 more games last year.

    Oh well, what's done is done and the Ravens ran the improbable table and won it all. I'm stoked.

    I can't wait for next season now.

    ON TO THE DRAFT.
    But by the same token maybe you don't get the pissed off focus that allows them to hold on against that comeback.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland