We would have never heard the end of the, "old defense"....

So glad we held on to win. Imagine how the press would have delved into the geezer defense routine?

Re: We would have never heard the end of the, "old defense"....

Age, experience, and alley cat cunning . . . I'll take that over young punks any day.

Blog Entries

Haters are going to attack that goal line stand for years to come. The no-call holding, whatever, there was a pushoff too...

But I have to give credit, with 1st and goal, I had all but written off holding them. I expected a TD. And as it went 1st, 2nd down, I got more upset, because we'd have less time to get into position for a FG.

Didn't DREAM we'd hold them to ZERO.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

4. Re: We would have never heard the end of the, "old defense"....

They didn't call pass interference on the long pass to Torrey in the 1st half, even though it was obvious he would have been in position to catch a TD pass if he hadn't been grabbed and held back.

Screw anyone who complains about the no-call.
    The officials let them play, and Crabtree was being just as physical on Jimmy forcing him down to the ground with a pushoff.

And they wouldn't have even have been in the game if not for the power outage

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Haters are going to attack that goal line stand for years to come. The no-call holding, whatever, there was a pushoff too...

But I have to give credit, with 1st and goal, I had all but written off holding them. I expected a TD. And as it went 1st, 2nd down, I got more upset, because we'd have less time to get into position for a FG.

And the more you look at that play, the more you realize that ball was uncatchable anyway. Crabtree would not have been able to catch it inbounds. That may also be why the refs didn't call it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

Jim Harbaugh should have stuck with the great Pistol offense. He was doing well with it ,to get back into the game. Wonder what happened to the pistol play calling. It's the future in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    And the more you look at that play, the more you realize that ball was uncatchable anyway. Crabtree would not have been able to catch it inbounds. That may also be why the refs didn't call it.
    I think that's probably right. No ref wants to be known as the one who threw a flag to allow a team to win a Super Bowl on questionable call.

It was a crappy call and a crappy throw anyway.

Cool Re: We would have never heard the end of the, "old defense"....

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Jim Harbaugh should have stuck with the great Pistol offense. He was doing well with it ,to get back into the game. Wonder what happened to the pistol play calling. It's the future in the NFL.
    No it's not! The way you stop the pistol offense is to make sure the QB is hit hard every time he runs with the ball and to not let the RB gain yards if the QB hands off to him. The Ravens until near the end kept Gore in check on the handoffs to him. QBs that run with the ball in an option offense do not last long. Everyone mentions RG III's injury but how about what happened to Culpepper of the Vikings when he was their QB years ago. He made CK look like a midget by comparison (he was so huge and fast). He got busted up bad from getting hit so much and was finished by the time he hit 30.

In 1970 when the Texas Longhorns ran the Wishbone offense with a QB (I think his name was Phillips) in the Cotton Bowl against Notre Dame, Ara Parseghian of ND designed a reverse Wishbone with the ND defense that stopped the Texas offense. It forced Phillips to carry the ball on every play and stopped him from either pitching it off to other RBs or having enough time to throw to any WRs who were being jammed on the line. Phillips ran for about 120 yards in the 1st half of the game but ND busted him up so bad that he couldn't play the 2nd half at all and the Irish beat Texas convincingly by, I think, a final score of 24-11.

CK has the makings of a great QB but if he keeps running with the football, he will have a short career!