Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flacco MVP

Re: Flacco MVP

I am Joe Flacco, sovereign King of Elitesylvania!!!! Quoth the Raven - Suck my balls!!!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

2. Re: Flacco MVP

Flacco made great throws all night. I knew he'd take advantage of this secondary. Good for you Joe, good for you! I do agree Jones should have been heavily considered, but Flacco played nearly flawless especially considering there were a few drops.

Blog Entries

He did my handle proud-lol. Ive been using it since he got here and when everyone was dissing him.

He was cool in the 4th qtr keeping SF offense off the ball eating up almost 10 mins of the clock. We beat them
    in time of possession 32-23 mins and we got the turnover ratio.

He was Johnny Unitas on 3rd and 1/2 foot. He changed the play at the line and hit Boldin for the big first down.
    He also hit most of his other 3rd downs.

That took all the sail out of SF like the lights did with the Ravens but those last two FGs was some of the
    best quarterbacking since Unitas hit Berry in OT in the best game ever played.

WHACKO FOR FLACCO.

GO RAVENS

Joe played one of the most perfect games you'll every see on the biggest stage. Did he miss a single throw? I remember one, where he led Boldin a bit much, but the rest of his incompletions were either drops, or throwaways.

With that in mind, I have to ask...is Joe Flacco the best QB in the NFL right now? He might be...he certainly will be paid like it.

Chris Berman made a great point after the game. It wasn't just the touchdowns. It was the throws on 3rd down, and stepping through the pocket to extend plays. It's having the balls to check into a pass to Q with 3rd and half-a-yard, and then throwing a perfect pass that only Q was going to get.

Just some incredible throws that not many other QB's in the league are capable of.

Oh and BTW, he got to and won a SuperBowl now faster than Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    With that in mind, I have to ask...is Joe Flacco the best QB in the NFL right now? He might be...he certainly will be paid like it.
    You must be joking....

It's obviously Colin Kaepernick...he just needs some receiver help!

:)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    Don't know if anyone would agree with me, but Joe had a pretty good game. 3 TDs and 0 INTs, but I thought Jacoby Jones had a chance to win the MVP award.

The first TD he scored when he fell, got back up and faked out the two defenders was an awesome exciting play. Then the 108 or 109 yard return to start the 2nd half is what made someone on the 49ers staff turn off the lights.

Either way, it's not like Joe Flacco didn't deserve it. He did tie Montana and Warner.
    Yea, most of us at the party thought Jacoby should get it but I forgot Joe had 3 TDs.

That was awesome, falling down and getting up and still scoring. That's when I knew they were choking. They
    came back but choked again at the end from the coach on down to the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    Don't know if anyone would agree with me, but Joe had a pretty good game. 3 TDs and 0 INTs, but I thought Jacoby Jones had a chance to win the MVP award.

The first TD he scored when he fell, got back up and faked out the two defenders was an awesome exciting play. Then the 108 or 109 yard return to start the 2nd half is what made someone on the 49ers staff turn off the lights.
    I don't know how they do the voting... and I thought Jones had an amazing game and wondered if he'd get consideration (i actually hoped he didn't, because I wanted Joe to win it so bad to shut up the rest of the world). But, Jones was part of two of the biggest plays in the game and one of the biggest in SuperBowl history. Many can (and are) calling it a "blown coverage" on the pass play and perfect special teams blocking on a play where he ran up the middle untouched. Joe touches the ball and has impact on every offensive play. Not only is he responsible for 50% of the Flacco to Jones connection, he threw the other two TDs, kept plays alive with his feet, and orchestrated amazing drives ALL game long.

Nothing makes me happier than Joe winning the MVP. I have been a huge supporter of Joe. I have always thought the coaches were holding him back from greatness. It has been painful for me to watch him get criticized by both fans and media. Since Caldwell took over they have put the ball in Joe's hands and he lead the team to the ultimate goal. Great job Joe!

I honestly wanted a co mvp with Flacco and Jacoby.

For this and the 70 TD in Denver.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Every year, early on every game, Joe Flacco has done one thing better than before. Now that he has won a Super Bowl and SBMVP, what is next for Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    Every year, early on every game, Joe Flacco has done one thing better than before. Now that he has won a Super Bowl and SBMVP, what is next for Joe.
    Back to back super bowl victories.

;)