Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flacco MVP

Blog Entries

Re: Flacco MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    Don't know if anyone would agree with me, but Joe had a pretty good game. 3 TDs and 0 INTs, but I thought Jacoby Jones had a chance to win the MVP award.

The first TD he scored when he fell, got back up and faked out the two defenders was an awesome exciting play. Then the 108 or 109 yard return to start the 2nd half is what made someone on the 49ers staff turn off the lights.

Either way, it's not like Joe Flacco didn't deserve it. He did tie Montana and Warner.
    Yea, most of us at the party thought Jacoby should get it but I forgot Joe had 3 TDs.

That was awesome, falling down and getting up and still scoring. That's when I knew they were choking. They
    came back but choked again at the end from the coach on down to the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    Don't know if anyone would agree with me, but Joe had a pretty good game. 3 TDs and 0 INTs, but I thought Jacoby Jones had a chance to win the MVP award.

The first TD he scored when he fell, got back up and faked out the two defenders was an awesome exciting play. Then the 108 or 109 yard return to start the 2nd half is what made someone on the 49ers staff turn off the lights.
    I don't know how they do the voting... and I thought Jones had an amazing game and wondered if he'd get consideration (i actually hoped he didn't, because I wanted Joe to win it so bad to shut up the rest of the world). But, Jones was part of two of the biggest plays in the game and one of the biggest in SuperBowl history. Many can (and are) calling it a "blown coverage" on the pass play and perfect special teams blocking on a play where he ran up the middle untouched. Joe touches the ball and has impact on every offensive play. Not only is he responsible for 50% of the Flacco to Jones connection, he threw the other two TDs, kept plays alive with his feet, and orchestrated amazing drives ALL game long.

Nothing makes me happier than Joe winning the MVP. I have been a huge supporter of Joe. I have always thought the coaches were holding him back from greatness. It has been painful for me to watch him get criticized by both fans and media. Since Caldwell took over they have put the ball in Joe's hands and he lead the team to the ultimate goal. Great job Joe!

I honestly wanted a co mvp with Flacco and Jacoby.

For this and the 70 TD in Denver.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Every year, early on every game, Joe Flacco has done one thing better than before. Now that he has won a Super Bowl and SBMVP, what is next for Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    Every year, early on every game, Joe Flacco has done one thing better than before. Now that he has won a Super Bowl and SBMVP, what is next for Joe.
    Back to back super bowl victories.

Joe on NFL network now.

Scott Kacsmar‏@CaptainComeback

Flacco is the only quarterback to ever have four games in one postseason with a passer rating over 100.0. @footballfacts
    Twitter often = little or no sourcing, but let's just go with it today.
    Also, the "four games" eliminates any QB that had a team good enough to qualify for a 1st round bye.
    Again...let's just go with it today

Flacco killing another press conference.

Reporter: "Joe, explain what has changed from that moment where you were laying face down on the turf against Denver to now"

Joe: "well first, I wasn't laying on the ground because I was pissed that I threw a pick, I was laying on the ground because I just ran 100 yards chasing the guy. I almost caught him too."
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Eat it up Joe. Eat it allllll up.
    The most disrespected SB champion and SB MVP ever. Hell, even Dilfer was respected for what he was.

Love listening to the media monkeys suckin it
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver

Will he fit in car??

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Will he fit in car??
    He MIGHT have to pull a Manute Bol modification, and drive from the back seat.

(Oh...n/m...there IS no back seat. He's effed.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_sta...layoff_records

Flacco now tied for 10th place in playoff wins. Only behind Roethlisberger by one win, and then the company he is in getting good.

1) Brady - 17
    2) Montana - 16
    3) Bradshaw - 14
    4) Elway - 14
    5) Favre - 13
    6) Aikman - 11
    7) Staubach - 11
    8) Roethlisberger - 10
    9) Starr - 9
    10) Flacco - 9

Flacco is only behind Starr because of losses. Bart only had 1 loss. But he played three less playoff games.