Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

O J Brigance for Ravens ROH

Just finished watching a bit on the tube about OJ, and it got me thinking about him as a candidate for the Ravens Ring of Honor. If you consider the actual criteria as to the type of person the organization deems qualified, and you consider his "body of work" (sorry, I prefer not to use wikipedia as a source, but didn't see anything else that worked well) as a football player, he seems to be a slam dunk gimme to be included.

I know there are periodic threads where this guy or that are debated as why they should or should not be honored, but Brigance is quite a guy. IMHO, he ought to be the next man up for induction.

Re: O J Brigance for Ravens ROH

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Just finished watching a bit on the tube about OJ, and it got me thinking about him as a candidate for the Ravens Ring of Honor. If you consider the actual criteria as to the type of person the organization deems qualified, and you consider his "body of work" (sorry, I prefer not to use wikipedia as a source, but didn't see anything else that worked well) as a football player, he seems to be a slam dunk gimme to be included.

I know there are periodic threads where this guy or that are debated as why they should or should not be honored, but Brigance is quite a guy. IMHO, he ought to be the next man up for induction.

OK I'll second that!

O.J. Brigance should be in ROH!

I would like to see OJ Brigance, and the rest of th Baltimore CFL Colts in the ROH? I still think it was those sold out CFL home games that showed Art Modell that Baltimore was a great place for an NFL team. If only OJ makes it in, I'll take it.

He's no Ernest Byner but, yes.
    for his off-field work as well / more than his playing days.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries
    Oj is an amazing person. I think we can all learn something from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Brainer him being in! He is one of the most beautiful human beings you will ever find, so just do it!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

He has been my all time favorite Raven for the past 3 years. Courage, poise, conviction, stamina, always positive, never gives up or gives in...

OJ is Awesome! Definitely should be a ROH inductee. It would be nice to get it done this year.

Attachment 1433

As someone with Cerebral Palsy from being born 2 months early, I use canes to get around, used to play a lot of sports in my younger days. I'm luckier then most with CP but Wow OJ Brigance is a better man then me that's for sure. I'm not so sure I could do what he has done. Powerful stuff. Anybody that hates Ray Lewis needs to watch that as well.

10. Re: O J Brigance for Ravens ROH

Why isn't he in the RoH already?

With his disease, it's not wise to wait.
    It should've been done already.

And yes, he absolutely deserves it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Why isn't he in the RoH already?

With his disease, it's not wise to wait.
    It should've been done already.

And yes, he absolutely deserves it.
    Yes he does deserve it and I hope they put him in there before he isnt around to enjoy it

Yeah, he's contributed so much to this organization off the field since his playing days ended, I would definitely support him being placed in the ROH.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...