Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Just hurt my back doing the squirrel. Will treat with beer

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Getting butterflies yet?

I've been trying to apply some analysis to the whole scenario, and FWIW --

I recall Billick at 35 saying something to the tune of "They don't know how fast we are!" I suspect that that is not the case this time, one, because the current Ravens are not as fast, and 2, there seems to be more of a focus on disseminating more information on both teams this time around. The issue that gives me butterflies is, is the pistol offense so devestating that the Ravens D will be unable to deal with it?

OTOH, do the 49ers and the rest of the media fuck-knuckles understand that the Ravens D is very much back to where it should be - i.e., more or less, full strength minus Webb and a completely healthy Suggs and Lewis - such that SF will be facing a different defense than they did in the regular season?

Which segues nicely into the idea that the offense seems to have found its groove in the playoffs. Flacco is not Superman (at least, not yet), but he seems to be doing a Keanu Reeves Matrix-like evolution in terms of the game slowing down to his level of comfort. I really don't think the Ravens offense that SF faced earlier in the season is the same offense they must deal with tomorrow.

I also sense something as far as the health of the 49ers Smith brothers. If those guys are not "on", I think Flacco and the offense put up some points big time.

I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, but I am hoping that the immortal words of Mr. Chuck Thompson are echoed in Ravens-land tomorrow post-game --

"Ain't the beer cold!?!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    I've been trying to apply some analysis to the whole scenario, and FWIW --

I recall Billick at 35 saying something to the tune of "They don't know how fast we are!" I suspect that that is not the case this time, one, because the current Ravens are not as fast, and 2, there seems to be more of a focus on disseminating more information on both teams this time around. The issue that gives me butterflies is, is the pistol offense so devestating that the Ravens D will be unable to deal with it?

OTOH, do the 49ers and the rest of the media fuck-knuckles understand that the Ravens D is very much back to where it should be - i.e., more or less, full strength minus Webb and a completely healthy Suggs and Lewis - such that SF will be facing a different defense than they did in the regular season?

Which segues nicely into the idea that the offense seems to have found its groove in the playoffs. Flacco is not Superman (at least, not yet), but he seems to be doing a Keanu Reeves Matrix-like evolution in terms of the game slowing down to his level of comfort. I really don't think the Ravens offense that SF faced earlier in the season is the same offense they must deal with tomorrow.

I also sense something as far as the health of the 49ers Smith brothers. If those guys are not "on", I think Flacco and the offense put up some points big time.

I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, but I am hoping that the immortal words of Mr. Chuck Thompson are echoed in Ravens-land tomorrow post-game --

"Ain't the beer cold!?!!!"
    We haven't played the 9ers this year...

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

rpc-

That's what a pint of good German beer and a bottle of sparkling will do to one's short (and long) term memory! Obviously I'm off a year.

I'll go back to finishing some after dinner drinks now, but I'd appreciate you and others keeping an eye on my posts so I don't embarrass myself further!

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yes it's starting... Pulled out my Raven SB Champ shirt to wear tonight. But tomorrow it's back to the good luck garb
    whoa for a second thought you said gErb...<wipes forehead>

Terribly nervous yesterday, not as bad today. Haven't watched anything football today other than HoF show.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nervous as Hell. I have no doubt our Ravens will win this, but there are always those fluke plays, missed assignments, injuries and as always shitty calls by the Zebras.

That's why we play the game. And I really believe SF is underestimating B-More's, 'Aging' Defense.

8. Re: Getting butterflies yet?

I was the biggest nervous wreck the whole week leading up to the Denver game...the night before I could NOT get to sleep at all. Patriots week I was confident and not nervous up until an hour to kickoff where I had the extreme butterflies.

You'd think I'd be nervous for the super bowl and I'm sure it'll kick in tomorrow but...I really haven't had any butterflies all week. It's still pretty hard for me to believe we're in the big game...it's a dream come true.

Blog Entries

I'm nervous, but only because we're so damn close, and to be fair, San Fran is a damn good, respectable football team. They aren't as overhyped as New England or Denver, and they have a terrific coach too. Kaepernick is pissing me off a little bit, with the copyrighting of "Kaepernicking" and all, but really, this is a mirror image of our team. Strong work ethic, hard nosed, mauling...

What's funny is, going into the playoffs, I was shocked that San Fran was a #2 seed...because all I could remember was going 0-1-1 against the Rams. Seemed like they floundered more than most other NFC teams, but apparently, they were strong enough to end up where they did, and strong enough to run their way through the NFC field.

I think there's absolutely no chance the Ravens go out and flop. They've fought too far and hard to get here just to underestimate the gravity of this matchup. I think this will be a back and forth fight that will go down to the last drive or two. I guess knowing how hard it will be to get back here is the biggest reason I'll be freaking out all day.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Back in full force this morning ugh. Lol

Absolutely. I am very worried that Cora will not forgive Lord Grantham for the death of Lady Sybill. I also hope that Bates can get out of prison soon!

Or are you talking about the Ravens? nah. I have faith in Flacco. Can't wait to get going.

Surprisingly, I have NO nerves at all about this game which is unusual. Now maybe once the game kicks off I'll feel it but I'm very calm right now. I just get the sense that we're going to win this game...hope I'm right.