Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: The End of an Era

Tomorrow's going to be so emotional... We have to send Ray out right! Thank you Ray, and Ed for all the memories and hopefully we can have some more good ones tomorrow night!

Re: The End of an Era

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If someone in Hollywood was writing this story and having us win at the end , it wouldn't sell.

It would be a bad, cheesy story because nobody would believe a story with so many downs and miracles.
    It would have been thrown out right after the 4th & 29 conversion.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

I am so grateful to root for this team. I feel apart of my city like never before. I want the win so bad, but ... no matter what happens, this has been a playoff run to remember. The word "grateful" just keeps running through my mind ... I'm not just happy I root for a good team, but that I root for a team that always defies odds and believes in itself, and that I can be part of such a passionate and knowledgeable fan base. Sleeping tonight is gonna be pretty rough. CAN'T WAIT.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Damn OP, why are you trying to make grown men (and women) cry over here?

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    It would have been thrown out right after the 4th & 29 conversion.
    Certified Play of the Year.

If someone in Hollywood was writing this story and having us win at the end , it wouldn't sell.

It would be a bad, cheesy story because nobody would believe a story with so many downs and miracles.
    Right but I think the Blindside worked out so well that the NFL is going to make tons off the rights to this season's story line.

That might have been true until Rookie of the Year came out. Put the two next to each other...I might believe it

I've been Youtubing Ravens videos of this year and the past for quite a while now, I am restless. The game can't come soon enough. Whatever happens tomorrow, it's going to be sad and weird to know that we'll never see Ray on the field again, but I am grateful for all of the memories that the Ravens have provided this year, and that Ray has over his 17 years.

Blog Entries

We have seen a changing of the guard coming over the last 5 years, and today is the culmination of that. To beat the 49ers, our offense is going to need to produce at a high level. It amazes me the way that Ray has TRULY "adopted" Joe as the QB he always wanted. It was mentioned in the writeup by Hensley on JO's HOF election, that Jonathan Ogden blocked for 15 different QBs in his career here. He retired in 2007, just before Joe Flacco came to play. How interesting it is, that you have our two franchise "hallmark" draft picks...The pick on offense doesn't get the chance to watch this offense renaissance, but the pick on defense, the CAPTAIN of this team, gets to watch this young man grow in front of his very eyes.

This is what he wanted all along, it just took him until now to get it.

This team will never truly be the same. While Ray the player maybe a little easier to replace, you can never replicate Ray's leadership and experience. We just hope Ray left enough of his mark on guys like Suggs, Ngata, Ellerbe, Webb....so that when you have the next group of rookies who may be used to doing things a little more...relaxed and less focused....these guys can be there to put them into line and tell them "WE will lead you to greatness, if you follow"

Thanks you Ray Lewis. Thank you. I eagerly await your Ring of Honor ceremony, so I can take my son...and then we can wait for your statue to show up outside The Bank.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

You just dont see many HOF middle linebackers anymore, no way can we ever directly replace Ray both as a player and a leader. We may get someone good in the draft, but he wont he close to Ray Lewis.

It's hard for me to believe that after today we will never see Ray Lewis in a Ravens uniform in a game. I know it's true but it just doesn't seem real.
    Last edited by Derf; 02-03-2013 at 11:06 AM.