Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Here it come: The Proverbial "What If"??

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    It's gonna be 5 to 7 years, 16-20 a year. His cap hit will be at or around the 14 million dollar franchise mark.

We don't have "no idea" we have a general idea, and even with the tag, we'll still be able to keep a couple of those guys, especially Ellerbe.

As for the idea that Reed will be overpaid for.... Ray thought the same thing in 09. How'd that work out for him again?
    Apples to Oranges comparison. I think it is pretty well known that Ed Reed will have plenty of opportunities to get paid one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Apples to Oranges comparison. I think it is pretty well known that Ed Reed will have plenty of opportunities to get paid one last time.
    Actually, most people think Reed (without an agent) will get an offer, turn it down, go see what someone else will be willing to pay him, turn that down and come back to Baltimore lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post

You're not taking into considerationg the cap implications of the offseason. Fact is, Joe Flacco is going to get paid. A lot of money. Lets see who will be gone from this team and I'm sure I'll be missing people:

Bryant McKinnie
    Mark Birk
    Ed Reed
    Ray Lewis
    Dannell Ellerbe
    Paul Kruger
    Carey Williams

No one has ever see what a Ravens team without Ray Lewis there will be like. I'm hoping we can remain competitive, but I wouldn't be surprised if we had a down year/
    Flacco getting paid is a much better alternative than Flacco getting franchised.

I would be surprised if we lost Ellerbe and Kruger.

I also think next year will be difficult, but then again I thought this year would be difficult. If we lose as a dani will be depressed, but like all things I will move on and hope that Ozzie and company can have a hell of an off season and continue to put a quality team on the field.

iggyman555 Guest

5. Re: Here it come: The Proverbial "What If"??

I agree with the above posters, if we lose in a "what if he made this catch" again mode I'm going to be in denial for another year again. It took me 366 days to finally get over Lee Evans...I don't want another scapegoat. That's why we've just gotta win this game.

However, if we do unfortunately lose, and we play a really good game and just come up short...I'll be proud, obviously sad but not as bad as last year.

As far a this season, the Super Bowl is a mere formality. This has been a special season regardless.

As far as the future, regardless of whether we win or lose we're still in cap hell next year. Resigning Joe puts us at 20 million dollars over. Ozzie is amazing at his job though. Whatever happens I have faith he can put together a team.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Win or Lose, This team has accomplished it's 5 year plan. When John Harbaugh came in, this was a team that was a defense carrying a sickly, sputtering offense. 5 years later, our offense is roaring strong, with a franchise QB, two dynamic RBs, a playmaking wide receiver, a stout TE, and strong pieces on the OL. On D...we're losing some age, and some key guys are getting up in the years (Suggs and Ngata), but we've still got strong pieces poised to come together.

We're in for a rough couple years. I think some outsiders are overestimating our salary cap troubles, from what B-more Ravor's articles have showed, it looks like we'll be VERY tight against the cap, but these other reports make it sound like we need to cut Boldin, JJ, and 2-3 other guys JUST to keep Joe. From what I gather, we probably have enough money to keep Joe and maybe our rookie pool and tenders. If we want to retain any of our other FAs, then we'll need cuts or restructures. That said, there are some pieces which will be in transition. As I said when he went out with an injury, Ray as a player wasn't too hard to replace. Ray as a D leader is the true pain. Which is why losing Reed too would be a huge blow. We'd need Suggs, Ngata, and Pollard to REALLY step up their voices and teaching.

If we lose, I'll be disappointed, but proud. And next year if we fail to make the playoffs, I'll wait for next year. I'll only panic if we hit a Raider-level downward spiral. Which I don't expect.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

The Ravens will not lose, so I don't see the point of this thread.