Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Will Kaepernick Last?

RGIII and Wilson are too small and will not last, literally.
    Kap and Cam are big enough to last, but will still have to learn when to run adn when not to.
    The read/option will be less successful next year as everyone will be watching the Ravens play disciplined on the DL and see the blueprint to stop it.

Blog Entries

Don't kid yourself, the 9ers offense starts with the power run. As long as they can establish that, they have lots of options. That's no different than our offense

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

When I first read the thread title, I was thinking of his health. In THAT sense, I like his chances far better than RG3, who seems like a ticking time bomb to an abbreviated career in just his first year. He's been knocked out and had his knee mangled in only his rookie season, Kaepernick and Wilson are keeping themselves out of harm's way.

I have a hard time respecting RGIII as a serious player. Whenever I turn on the TV and watch the Redskins play, I always see him getting 15 yard penalties that keep his drives alive. Some may be legitimate, sure, but it's impossible to defend a scrambling quarterback in an age where they get automatic first downs just for breathing on them. RGIII would have been a corpse 10 years ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    I have a hard time respecting RGIII as a serious player. Whenever I turn on the TV and watch the Redskins play, I always see him getting 15 yard penalties that keep his drives alive. Some may be legitimate, sure, but it's impossible to defend a scrambling quarterback in an age where they get automatic first downs just for breathing on them. RGIII would have been a corpse 10 years ago.
    RG3 is going to regress next season. Who knows when he'll be able to play after he shredded his knee. Plus coordinators will have plenty of tape on him. Defenses will actually make him throw into tight windows and won't give him wide open receivers like this season.

I haven't seen a lot of Kaepernick yet, but what I have seen of him is he ducks out of bounds or slides before taking a hit, which is something RG3 needs to learn if he wants to last. Kaepernick has a strong and accurate arm coupled with the size to be a prototypical pocket passer. Hits in the pocket aren't normally at the speed of running in the open field and those need to be avoided for the sake of longevity. All of these guys are young and their game will have to evolve into more of a pocket passer to last. You don't want a 30 plus year old quarterback running in the open field.