Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: All of Cincinnati rooting for Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    The Ravens probably have Utah sewn up as well--IIRC we out-Mormon the Niners 3 to 1, & they seem to care about that.

So that gives them the Ravens fans, the Bengals fans, the Saints fans, the Latter-Day-Saints fans ....who else?
    I am not so sure about that, not many mormons actually know how many Ravens are mormon, but they all know Steve Young is.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    D.C. fans are also split. Many of them are still jealous and annoyed by our success and would rather see us go down.
    This. Redskins fans are weird. They're kind of lukewarm: It's like a 33-33-33 split in the fan base over who likes the Ravens, who hates the Ravens, and who's cool with the Ravens/don't really care.

That said I'm strutting around DC in my Ray Lewis jersey with pride!
    Thoughts on Ray Rice: http://brafootball.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Our local sports talk shows have been focusing on the Super Bowl. 9-1 callers are for the Ravens. Granted we all hate the 49ers, but most people want the AFC North to conquer. If you feel a surge from the Southwest during the game it will be coming from us Bengals fans.

BEAT THEIR ASS
    CincyCat: If we win, Daugherty is going to get a nice e-mail from me asking, "how's the crow?". Getting a bit tired of his "Old man Ravens with their canes"and Flacco bashing articles in the Enquirer. I still can't believe he said that "the Ravens D wasn't that great when they didn't need canes". What a tool.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drunkmormon View Post
    I am not so sure about that, not many mormons actually know how many Ravens are mormon, but they all know Steve Young is.
    Most every year the SLC papers run articles about who has LDS players on the roster & how many. Here's the Deseret News (L'Osservatore Romano for the Mormons) piece from last September. Salt Lake Trib (the non-Mormon rag in town) has been running articles on Kruger, Ngata, and Pitta in the runup to Sunday. Can't say I fault them--it's a point of pride for their community--& I think the Ravens have the largest roster contingent of LDS in the NFL this year (4, not 3--Ngata, Kruger, Pitta & also Kemo it appears).

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    CincyCat: If we win, Daugherty is going to get a nice e-mail from me asking, "how's the crow?". Getting a bit tired of his "Old man Ravens with their canes"and Flacco bashing articles in the Enquirer. I still can't believe he said that "the Ravens D wasn't that great when they didn't need canes". What a tool.
    Daugherty hosted our Sports Talk on our biggest sports station for about a year then they canned him. He's cocky and a pain sometimes but occasionally writes a good article. His Reds articles are probably the best but sometimes he misses his predictions by a mile.

Blog Entries

I'm thinking Seattle, Atlanta and D.C. fans would love to see Joe & the boys throttle the 49ers.
    Atlanta is a little split, because they don't want to see Flacco get a ring before Ryan.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Blog Entries
    NY hates the Ravens. They always have and I can't see anything changing that.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    NY hates the Ravens. They always have and I can't see anything changing that.
    Still can't believe they are going to have next years Super Bowl there.

Blog Entries

Still can't believe they are going to have next years Super Bowl there.
    That's going to be terrible. Bad location, bad weather...

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Most every year the SLC papers run articles about who has LDS players on the roster & how many.
    I was raised mormon in MD, but went to BYU/UofU and was in UT for a total of 11 years. I know those articles, how many people read them versus the pull of Steve Young (and the second closest team to them after Denver). Tis me below...

734805_120602541447231_1075163888_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Atlanta is a little split, because they don't want to see Flacco get a ring before Ryan.
    Atlanta is split, although more because the non-native influence. And I would say Lewis' past here is a much more common reason to root against us than Ryan vs Flacco.

Speaking of weather, watching local 6pm news and the weather anchor lady just said "It's gonna stay in the 20's all day tomorrow but who cares? You're going to be inside watching the Super Bowl. Go Ravens" LOL.