Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Will JO be inducted into the Hall of Fame Tomorrow?

With all the Super Bowl excitement it's easy to forget that there is another event coming up the day before. Jonathan Ogden is up for the Hall of Fame for the very first time. A lot of people throw out the term '1st ballot' hall of fame player. On Saturday afternoon we will find out if JO really is that.

Anyone have thoughts on his chances? We all know he should get in but what is the chance that he actually does get in tomorrow?

Blog Entries

Re: Will JO be inducted into the Hall of Fame Tomorrow?

Everyone is saying they'd vote for him if they had a vote.

But I am not sure that people are jumping over themselves to elect a tackle on the first ballot.

I'd say though, given just how good he was, I think he has about a 60% chance.

I think 4 poeple are getting in on the first ballot.

JO, Larry Allen, Strahan and Sapp are ALL deserving moreso then ANYONE else on the list. I would hazzard to guess that Parcells makes #5. There is a reason the peopel that make up the "backlog" do so, they are marginal players that need a weak year to sneak through. Cris Carter is the tops of the backlog, IMO, followed by 5 time champ Charles Haley.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I think 4 poeple are getting in on the first ballot.

JO, Larry Allen, Strahan and Sapp are ALL deserving moreso then ANYONE else on the list. I would hazzard to guess that Parcells makes #5. There is a reason the peopel that make up the "backlog" do so, they are marginal players that need a weak year to sneak through. Cris Carter is the tops of the backlog, IMO, followed by 5 time champ Charles Haley.
    I agree, expect while Carter is at the top I think he's better than marginal.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I agree, expect while Carter is at the top I think he's better than marginal.
    ehhh... Marginal for a HOF'er, meaning since he's retired, there have been at least 3 others that had clearly better careers(TO, Ocho and Moss).

Blog Entries

Here's the list of 15. 5 will get in.

Larry Allen (G/T), Jerome Bettis (RB), Tim Brown (WR), Cris Carter (WR), Edward DeBartolo Jr. (owner), Kevin Greene (LB), Charles Haley (DE), Art Modell (owner), Jonathan Ogden (OT), Bill Parcells (coach), Andre Reed (WR), Warren Sapp (DT), Will Shields (G), Michael Strahan (DE), Aeneas Williams (CB)

I hate to say it but Art Modell won't make it. I can't see DeBartolo making it after being disgraced. Andre Reed isn't getting in with Carter and Brown on there. Bettis doesn't belong. Sapp is a tough one but Cortez Kennedy who got in last year was a much better player.

That leaves JO, Shields, Allen, Carter, Brown, Strahan, Haley, Greene & Williams.

Very tough. All 3 linemen should be in but will they cancel each other out? Parcells is a no-brainer but he's been through this before and a lot of media guys don't like him. Plus there are so many players that they might skip the non-player this year.

If it was up to me I would go with JO, Shields, Allen, Parcells & Strahan

I think it will be JO, Strahan, Allen, Carter & Greene

Blog Entries

Yes JO will make it. Congrats to him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I am fully expecting JO to waltz right into Canton. I heard Scott on radio the other day mention an interview he (or someone) did w/Shannon Sharpe who was a teammate of Gary Zimmerman, the HOF OT. Basically Shannon said as great as Zimmerman was he didn't come close to JO in ability and performance. That's good enough for me.

Of course the ESPN sycophants don't see it that way --almost 50-50. But surprisingly a good majority predict Art will get in. Even Ohio is voting yes which really shocks me.

No way Ocho had a better career than Carter. Not even close. The other two I agree with.

And I do think JO gets in. Modell's chances I still doubt.

Art Model is in, no doubt. Bet the Ranch on it. JO also makes it.

Blog Entries

technical note...tomorrow isn't the inductions, it's just the voting.

Just saying. I think he does get in, seems be among the "top" names from this class.

Modell probably does not. And if not this year, I don't think he ever gets in, at least from this way. Perhaps as a Senior Committee selection...Sad.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Drew Forrester of WNST polled 9 people he knew had a vote at SB week...1 said yes for Art, with 8 No. For JO, 5 yes, 3 not sure, 1 no.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!