Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Will JO be inducted into the Hall of Fame Tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    No way Ocho had a better career than Carter. Not even close. The other two I agree with.

And I do think JO gets in. Modell's chances I still doubt.
    I could agree Carter> Ocho, but my point remains...

Sorry fellas, i don't see much chance of a Raven getting voted into the HOF with Baltimore a widely unwelcomed competitor in the Super Bowl and the media on a Ravens feeding frenzy at the same time lol.

Pretty sure that at least a couple sportswriters who may have at least considered it have backed off in the last week or so. After all there's always next year and they might be thniking they wouldn't catch so much flack if they wait a year.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Sorry fellas, i don't see much chance of a Raven getting voted into the HOF with Baltimore a widely unwelcomed competitor in the Super Bowl and the media on a Ravens feeding frenzy at the same time lol.

Pretty sure that at least a couple sportswriters who may have at least considered it have backed off in the last week or so. After all there's always next year and they might be thniking they wouldn't catch so much flack if they wait a year.
    I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure votes have been cast for a few weeks already.

Blog Entries

Disagree Real Fan Dan...Ray Lewis is really who got the negative attention. Jonathan Ogden is a name not talked about often in the headlines...because all he's done is be reliable, hard working, good teammate. That kind of work ethic will get rewarded.

Maybe they keep Art Modell out, but I think it was always going to be a steep battle to get Art. Out of the 15 finalists, 3 are non-players. With only 5 selections, it would seem like, AT BEST, only one non-player gets in. So he has to beat out Parcells and Debartolo. Debartolo is probably an even toss up with Modell, but Parcells? Nah, I don't think they'd put Modell in over Bill Parcells.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure votes have been cast for a few weeks already.
    I think the votes are cast on Saturday. The committee meets, each candidate is presented by the local sports writer, and then they submit their ballots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Foo...ection_process
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    ehhh... Marginal for a HOF'er, meaning since he's retired, there have been at least 3 others that had clearly better careers(TO, Ocho and Moss).
    Chris Carter was one of the best WR's of his era and Chad Johnson did not have a better career than him by a long shot. Carter had like 300 more receptions, 2,800 more yards and over 60 TD's more than Ocho. I have no problem if you don't want to make him a "first ballot" guy but he deserves to be in the Hall eventually.

It pisses me off that the media heads keep saying that Art Model hurt the city of Cleveland. BS! He gave them a football team to that ungrateful city for decades and when he brought football back to Baltimore, (which I never hear him get credit for), he left those stinking colors and records in Cleveland, unlike when Irsay hurt Baltimore.

The fact that Baltimore is on the cusp of their 2nd Championship since the move shows that Art did a good thing.

Blog Entries

It was really interesting to watch Cleveland '95: A Football Life. Two things I took from that show:

1. Really interesting to see Ozzie remember, after Art told him the team was moving, he said "I'm doing this for 1 reason: To win a championship". Everyone was on record in that video saying that, had Modell not announced the move, they would've gone to the Super Bowl. But after moving everything around, 4 years later, Art would hold his own Lombardi Trophy.

2. For all the crap I give him, Bill Belichik is a damn good football coach. Built a great system in Cleveland which produced a LOT of football talents (George Kokinis, Phil Savage, Scott Pioli, Thomas Dimitrioff, Nick Saban, Eric Mangini, Kirk Ferentz), not to mention Ozzie.

I think JO gets in tomorrow. In my opinion the sports writers will give a higher percentage of votes to JO over Sapp. Strahan is still extremely popular and is pretty much automatic.

I honestly think Haley might get in before Sapp.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    Chris Carter was one of the best WR's of his era and Chad Johnson did not have a better career than him by a long shot. Carter had like 300 more receptions, 2,800 more yards and over 60 TD's more than Ocho. I have no problem if you don't want to make him a "first ballot" guy but he deserves to be in the Hall eventually.
    I take back Ocho...

ANd I didn't say he shouldn't get in, jsut that there is no way he should get in before Larry Allen, JO, Strahan or Sapp. I swear if Larry Allen isn't a first Ballot guy I will NEVER VISIT THE HOF EVER. I'm kind of selfishly hoping Reed retires this year so I can plan on a trip in 5 years when the two best Raven's defenders go in the same year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I think JO gets in tomorrow. In my opinion the sports writers will give a higher percentage of votes to JO over Sapp. Strahan is still extremely popular and is pretty much automatic.

I do agree that Sapp is the weakest of a very strong 4 first timers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post

Haley may, but I don't think he should Sapp was a force!!!