Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Salary Cap Notes: Corey Graham and Michael Oher cash in

Plus notes on what excess cap dollars the Ravens can roll into 2013.

LINK
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Re: Salary Cap Notes: Corey Graham and Michael Oher cash in

I think the Ravens will want to extend Michael Oher to a fair market deal to play RT, they could reduce Oher's cap number in 2013 by 1 or two mills, every little will help. Corey Grahame's cap number is still a bargain for the level of play he offers at the CB position.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think the Ravens will want to extend Michael Oher to a fair market deal to play RT, they could reduce Oher's cap number in 2013 by 1 or two mills, every little will help. Corey Grahame's cap number is still a bargain for the level of play he offers at the CB position.
    Which could potentially make him (Graham) hold out for a bigger extension.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 01-28-2013 at 08:14 AM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Which could potentially make him hold out for a bigger extension.
    He isn't in any position to hold out IMO, had he been to the pro bowl at some point, or played well at LT this year, he may have been in his rights too, but really its only his play off performance at RT that even warrants a contract extension in the first place.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He isn't in any position to hold out IMO, had he been to the pro bowl at some point, or played well at LT this year, he may have been in his rights too, but really its only his play off performance at RT that even warrants a contract extension in the first place.
    I meant Graham.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I meant Graham.
    I see, and yeah you could very well be correct about that. If Webb can come back healthy next season though, we are going to have the best CB tandem since Starks and McCallister.

We are really going to be strapped for cap room.

If we have to franchise Joe, Ozzie is going to have to make some very, very tough decisions as some of the higher priced guys are going to have to be let go.

Even if Joe is extended, we still are going to struggle to keep guys like Ellerbe.

This is going to be a tough offseason.

BTW, I don't see anyway Graham holds out...this is his first shot at playing CB and frankly, he isn't a sure thing to start next season. He has played well, but I would be hugely disappointed and I think he would be too if he held out...almost 3 large is solid money for a guy who up until the midpoint of this season hadn't proven anything not just as a starter, but in any reserve role as a CB. I don't think he is in for any big payday just yet...give him one more season of this level of play.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

It's going to be a very different team next year. They really need to win this now.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's going to be a very different team next year. They really need to win this now.
    Are there realistic extension possibilities that will help spare some of the carnage (i.e., Q, Jacoby, etc.?)

What is the practical impact of numbers coming off from Ray, and possibly Ed? And what if, gasp, Haloti hangs it up too? God, I hope not.

Blog Entries

Ed is a free agent, so nothing committed against cap next year. Take this with a grain of salt, but he said this week he's coming back next year for sure, this team or another team.

Ray saves us 4-5 Mil, which basically would give us enough room for the RFA, ERFA, and rookie pool, next to franchise tag for Joe.

Ngata isn't hanging it up. Not a chance.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    Are there realistic extension possibilities that will help spare some of the carnage (i.e., Q, Jacoby, etc.?)

What is the practical impact of numbers coming off from Ray, and possibly Ed? And what if, gasp, Haloti hangs it up too? God, I hope not.
    Sure the team can do extensions and restructures...but the team hates doing those and I doutbt you will see much of it. Q probably will get extended, but not he and Jones IMHO. There is logic in not restructuring/extending many deals...if we did much of it this year, instead of being $10 million under the cap, we'd be $5 million over it for instance.

As for Ray and Ed, I don't know if Brian included Ray retiring (I'm assuming he did), but there isn't any numbers coming off of Reed as he is not under contract at all next year.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

The team has a lot of draft picks (11?) too and they have to sign those guys. This team will look very different next year; please win it all this year!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!