Blog Entries

Can Ozzie go into the Hall of Fame as an Executive?

Ozzie Newsome the player is already in the Hall of Fame. They also have an area for non-players and non-coaches called Contributors. Does anyone know if Ozzie could get in the HOF again as a contributor? That would be amazing if it were possible.

Re: Can Ozzie go into the Hall of Fame as an Executive?

I don't see why not, especially if they add another 'chip. Drafted and kept 3 first ballot HOFers, maybe 2 or 3 more (Suggs, Ngata, Rice), First Black NFL GM, all in the span of 16 years. Sounds good to me.
    "The Ravens could employ a war criminal and they would treat him like a f**king prince just because the rest of the world disapproved."

Blog Entries

Good question. I'd like to see him in the ROH one day.

Blog Entries

Yeah it would be great if that happened.

We also have some decent HOF candidates depending on how their careers go outside of Reed and Lewis. Suggs will probably make it after a few more productive seasons, and his chances will be greatly aided by a SB win on Sunday. Ngata, I'm not so sure about, his statistics aren't good enough and he isn't on pace to get those kind of stats that the HOF DTs achieved, he plays a different role on D than a pass rushing DT. Matt Birk is a possible candidate, 6 time all pro, 2 time All pro, was also considered the best C in football a few years back when he was at Minnesota. A SB win would also help his chances. Rice and Flacco are the interesting ones, and it really depends on how their careers end up. Rice is on pace for Marshall Faulk type numbers if he stays fresh for the duration of his contract, I think he'll need one more BIG year, then a few more 1k yard seasons with decent receiving numbers. Flacco will need this SB win and one more, plus a few pro bowls to make it IMO. But very possible. What a great decade that would be for Ravens football though.

Blog Entries

I thought I read a story about Dick LeBeau that said he's going to the HOF as a player as well as for his coaching credentials. But since Oz is already in the HOF, not sure if they can induct him again for coaching.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Hey Leach,

What about Boldin? Esp if he gets his ring this year. Fastest WR to reach several milestones, he's been a highlight machine his entire career, great all around receiver who isn't afraid to do the dirty work, great teammate-leader.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Hey Leach,

What about Boldin? Esp if he gets his ring this year. Fastest WR to reach several milestones, he's been a highlight machine his entire career, great all around receiver who isn't afraid to do the dirty work, great teammate-leader.
    Yeah I can see that too, I think he'd probably need two or more three productive seasons to cap it off though,

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Hey Leach,

If Tim Brown and Chris Carter are not getting in there is no way that Boldin is getting in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    If Tim Brown and Chris Carter are not getting in there is no way that Boldin is getting in.
    They will both get in eventually.

It's a joke that Cris Carter isn't in already.

If he hadn't been a complete douchebag to the media for the entirety of his career, he would have been at least in serious discussion as a 1st ballot player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I thought I read a story about Dick LeBeau that said he's going to the HOF as a player as well as for his coaching credentials. But since Oz is already in the HOF, not sure if they can induct him again for coaching.
    LeBeau is only listed as a player. Obviously it was his coaching ability that got him in. He retired in 1972 and didn't make it until they looked at his coaching accomplishments as well as his playing career.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    LeBeau is only listed as a player. Obviously it was his coaching ability that got him in. He retired in 1972 and didn't make it until they looked at his coaching accomplishments as well as his playing career.
    I remember that they took his coaching into account as well and that's what did it. Guess that means you can only go in once but they can recognize the entire body of work.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!