Haloti Ngata Knee Surgery after Super Bowl?

Listening to 105.7 the Fan, Vinny and Rob said they got word that Haloti will get knee surgery right after the SB. I know he's being playing banged up, but do we really want everyone knowing this information? Doesn't seem smart to relay this especially coming from a BALTIMORE station.

Blog Entries

Re: Haloti Ngata Knee Surgery after Super Bowl?

Probably just a scope/clean up.

If it were a real bad injury that needed surgery, he probably wouldn't be playing.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Probably just a scope/clean up.

If it were a real bad injury that needed surgery, he probably wouldn't be playing.
    So is Justin Smith... no worries. This game is not going to come down to little bits of info like this. They know Ngata has a banged up knee... all you have to do is watch tape from the season. It's going to come down to who makes plays on the field.

Blog Entries

yeah would also guess it's a scope / clean up. Not that unusual

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    So is Justin Smith... no worries. This game is not going to come down to little bits of info like this. They know Ngata has a banged up knee... all you have to do is watch tape from the season. It's going to come down to who makes plays on the field.
    A little bit ot. Justin Smith said he's at risk of tearing his triceps completely by playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    A little bit ot. Justin Smith said he's at risk of tearing his triceps completely by playing.
    Yep. it's a 50% tear. But what ya' gonna' do? Not play? It's the last game of the year, the biggest game of his career, and 100% chance of surgery with the same rehab regardless. If he's still better (at a reduced state) than the guy behind him then you have to go. All or nothing at this point.

EDIT: He's a big part of their D. He's also an aging vet. What does he have to Lose? The injury is a bit different than an ACL for a runner. But at this point in his career, if Smith never came back at 100%, it's not as big of a deal as someone like RG3 never recovering right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Yep. it's a 50% tear. But what ya' gonna' do? Not play? It's the last game of the year, the biggest game of his career, and 100% chance of surgery with the same rehab regardless. If he's still better (at a reduced state) than the guy behind him then you have to go. All or nothing at this point.

EDIT: He's a big part of their D. He's also an aging vet. What does he have to Lose? The injury is a bit different than an ACL for a runner. But at this point in his career, if Smith never came back at 100%, it's not as big of a deal as someone like RG3 never recovering right.
    I wasn't saying he shouldn't play. Just saying he's at risk of completely tearing it.

I think it's ok for the information to get out there. I actually was hoping he would do this as he's been kind of busted the whole year (although seems to be coming on down the stretch). I'm hoping the docs can do their job and we can have the Haloti of a couple years back for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I wasn't saying he shouldn't play. Just saying he's at risk of completely tearing it.
    no prob. ;) I'm just shootin' the shit.