Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    When friends find out I now live in MD, they automatically think of The Wire. Sadly people who have never visited this state thinks that Baltimore is a good representation of MD and that The Wire is a good representation of Baltimore. No one would want to root for a city as corrupt as the city of Baltimore is presented on that show.

On top of that, you guys have Ray, who is seen as a huge hypocrite to 99% of the population outside of MD.

That's probably why you guys are getting sh!tted on by the national media.
    New Jersey is the same way. Everyone thinks that the state is one giant Newark and Camden overrun with gang bangers and Sopranos.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: What is really with the national angst about the Ravens/Baltimore? (long)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    New Jersey is the same way. Everyone thinks that the state is one giant Newark and Camden overrun with gang bangers and Sopranos.
    It isn't???!?!???!?

I mean, just judging by my relatives in Bergen County & my friends who used to live in Jersey City...

Blog Entries

Well, yeah, but that's the truth, ain't it?

Q: Why does California have so many lawyers and New Jersey has so much pollution?

A: New Jersey picked first.

iggyman555 Guest

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

Last edited by iggyman555; 02-01-2013 at 12:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Well, yeah, but that's the truth, ain't it?

Q: Why does California have so many lawyers and New Jersey has so much pollution?

A: New Jersey picked first.
    When I was in college in the (Very) High Psycholithic (i.e., the Really, Really, Really Stoned Age, man) I took a summer course at Columbia University. One day the bunch of us were grousing before class started about how crappy the environment was. Someone said to one of the TA's, "Name one good think about living in Manhattan in the summer."

He thought for a minute & said, "You have to admit we get spectacular sunsets--when the sun goes down behind all the crap hanging over New Jersey, the colors are incredible!"

Blog Entries

Before the 95 sign, it was always Bmore was just a stop at the train station.

Brooks Robinson said players didn't particulary want to come here in the 50s and
    60s but it's different now. That was after Harbor Place went up and then Camden
    Yards.

I think the NFL and its media knows what types of stories sell. The Ravens don't sell what the white, middle class American buys. I belong to that class, BTW. And so the narrative is centered mainly around that group.

Look at the Ravens:
    - vagabond franchise
    - left a hurtful, loyal fan base without their team
    - a "killer" is not only their leader, but an icon!
    - no offense historically, very "boring" games
    - no super-athlete types of players

The Ravens are America's step-child. The best way to reconcile is to enjoy their misery as the Ravens win.

I think much of the disrespect this team gets has to do with the fact they play a brand of ball (defensive) that is just not sexy and that most of MSM cannot appreciate fully. They would rather by slurping Tom Brady's jock or Peyton Manning's. The NFL is trying to sell offensive football and rule changes to benefit offenses clearly demonstrate this. Most MSM are smart enough to know that if they write and promote the message the NFL wants then doors open and access become available for them that might not be available for those who do not tow the line. The Ravens have never fit this mold in the past and if Joe were to win the Super Bowl and follow it with a spectacular season next year, you will see very different press about them in general.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis